The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 1 WPH01 May June 2016 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RotiKebab
To be honest, the questions were not too tough, what made it hard was the severe shortage of time

btw your username is freakin hilarious xD
i mean you must be indian or pakistani because these guys eat roti kebab xD
Im pakistani too and i found it ridiculous xD
Original post by Zainat0987
If i am not wrong c12 is just tommorow..😂
Pay special attention to the area under the curve from jan 16..

thanks for the advice . i appreciate :biggrin: and yeah it is xD
From where does this multiplying the time by 2 comes from?..we were dealing with just the fall of the ball i.e (from x to y)..its not like the ball moving up and coming down so there is no point of doing anything with the flight time..just imagine it as if the ball has fallen from a roof and we are told to workout now..

coz I didn't take rANGE BETWEEN X AND Y I TOOK WHOLE AND TIME WAS ALSO TWICE FOR THAT REASON BUT BOTH METHOD GIVES SAME ANSWER AS RATIO IS SAME
Original post by ToxicPhantom007
btw your username is freakin hilarious xD
i mean you must be indian or pakistani because these guys eat roti kebab xD
Im pakistani too and i found it ridiculous xD

About 1/3 population of the world there are bdeshis too..😂
Original post by MrBioBombastic
coz I didn't take rANGE BETWEEN X AND Y I TOOK WHOLE AND TIME WAS ALSO TWICE FOR THAT REASON BUT BOTH METHOD GIVES SAME ANSWER AS RATIO IS SAME

Yeah you might be right..cant tell until we get the model ans so yeah wait for 2-3 days may b
Yeah you might be right..cant tell until we get the model ans so yeah wait for 2-3 days may b

ahan btw it will be posted by physics and maths tutor right on their fb page!
Original post by hasi.99
Since most of the people found it slightly challenging there is a small possibility of them setting a lower grade boundary.

I agree:congrats:
About 1/3 population of the world there are bdeshis too..😂

oh yeah
Original post by MrBioBombastic
ahan btw it will be posted by physics and maths tutor right on their fb page!

Yup..i know
Ok so today's paper then!
Here are my answers, feel free to check me and add any I miss!

•The rose petals olympics question;

Copper: because it is ductile and therefore can be beaten into shapes plus it is resistive to high Temps
Steel: because it is tough and therefore won't break under the stress of the weight.

•The spider question:

I used the weight of the spider plus the weight of the fly times gravity to find the acceleration.

•Car Spring Question:

I argued that a stiffer spring would be dangerous on a bumpy road causing it to bump and tumble which could lead to injury.

•Hammock Question:

I resolved the vectors and received a value of around 617N. Some people got 643 so I'm not sure!

•Tennis ball Question:

I measured the length of the image with my ruler and argued that since the ball falls the vertical distance in 1/20th of a second and because we know gravity to be 9.81 adding to that my measurement , we could calculate the distance the ball fell between X And Y.

•Rower Question:

I drew rectangles underneath the graph and then added them all up to give me an approximate value for the amount of work done.

•Viscosity Question:

I talked about plotting a graph of radius against flow rate and then using the gradient to confirm a value for the viscosity!

Well these Are the parts I remember! What about you?
Original post by SpoodleDoodle
Ok so today's paper then!
Here are my answers, feel free to check me and add any I miss!

•The rose petals olympics question;

Copper: because it is ductile and therefore can be beaten into shapes plus it is resistive to high Temps
Steel: because it is tough and therefore won't break under the stress of the weight.

•The spider question:

I used the weight of the spider plus the weight of the fly times gravity to find the acceleration.

•Car Spring Question:

I argued that a stiffer spring would be dangerous on a bumpy road causing it to bump and tumble which could lead to injury.

•Hammock Question:

I resolved the vectors and received a value of around 617N. Some people got 643 so I'm not sure!

•Tennis ball Question:

I measured the length of the image with my ruler and argued that since the ball falls the vertical distance in 1/20th of a second and because we know gravity to be 9.81 adding to that my measurement , we could calculate the distance the ball fell between X And Y.

•Rower Question:

I drew rectangles underneath the graph and then added them all up to give me an approximate value for the amount of work done.

•Viscosity Question:

I talked about plotting a graph of radius against flow rate and then using the gradient to confirm a value for the viscosity!

Well these Are the parts I remember! What about you?

Yeah those were all the major questions,Though you forgot about the first question about finding radius and the yield point explanation below
Reply 191
For the horizontal velocity of the ball ques i wrote 1.8÷7....and got answer about 0.26 m/s maybe......will it fall in the range of the answer???
Original post by jannz
For the horizontal velocity of the ball ques i wrote 1.8÷7....and got answer about 0.26 m/s maybe......will it fall in the range of the answer???

i don't think so
Reply 193
Original post by ToxicPhantom007
well... the exam was sorta medium difficulty :V
That spider and fly question was damn tricky though xD
what was your value for acceleration in that question ?

Mine was 7.2 meters per second squared. What was yours?
Original post by FK17
Mine was 7.2 meters per second squared. What was yours?

I got 7.21ms-2 :smile:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1404268876253715&id=517170941630184

Ial unit 1 physics may 2016 is here...not sure though if all the model ans. are correct..
(edited 7 years ago)
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1404268876253715&id=517170941630184

Ial unit 1 physics may 2016 is here...not sure though if all the model ans. are correct..

thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest