The Student Room Group

National 5 Modern Studies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SocialStudiesETC
Until they die, but they do not get the seat handed on to any other family member due to new policies restricting the admission of members to the Lords.

Thanks for all the modern Studies Help man. Good Luck with the exam tomorrow ! :smile:

Original post by sameehaiqbal
Everyone goes back on the 6th of June.
Good luck for the Modern Studies exam guys :biggrin:

Original post by Lewis H01
Anyone could predict the KU questions for the following topic?

Democracy in scotland
Crime and Law
World power USA

I have a feeling that the describe question for crime and the law will be about the role of the police :P No similar question has came up in the past.
Original post by Ethan100
I have a feeling that the describe question for crime and the law will be about the role of the police :P No similar question has came up in the past.

This is what I think lol :wink:

Democracy in Scotland : The services of local councils, devolved matters of Scottish parliament, pressure groups and maybe the ams.

Crime and law : Role of police, why people commit a crime, children's hearing system

USA : IDK (i hate this topic the most)
This is what I think lol :wink:

Democracy in Scotland : The services of local councils, devolved matters of Scottish parliament, pressure groups and maybe the ams.

Crime and law : Role of police, why people commit a crime, children's hearing system

USA : IDK (i hate this topic the most)

Samee, I hate the USA international topic the most ;(

Hahaha, good Luck for tomorrow Lewis :biggrin: !
Samee, I hate the USA international topic the most ;(

Hahaha, good Luck for tomorrow Lewis :biggrin: !

Yeah, you too man! :smile:
Original post by Puppo
I go back on the 6th of June but initially it was said we were going back tomorrow (I think they forgot exams are still on til the 3rd of June haha) wbu?

Original post by Sweet_Candy
6th june

Original post by sameehaiqbal
Everyone goes back on the 6th of June.
Good luck for the Modern Studies exam guys :biggrin:

Really? I need to come back this Friday :/

Why can't we just get the summer off now! We won't start higher until August so what's the point?
(edited 7 years ago)
hi what would be the main roles of the police? is it things like stopping and searching, maintaining public order etc?
Reply 127
can you back up using the same source for selective questions? so for example I've used sources 1 and 3 in the first selective paragraph, and I've used sources 2 and 3 in the second selective paragraph, so in the non-selective can I use the different pieces of information from source 1??
Reply 128
Original post by Cwarnock
hi what would be the main roles of the police? is it things like stopping and searching, maintaining public order etc?

main roles of the police include;
patrolling
maintaining law and order/public order (such as forcing the sectarian laws at football matches)
detaining
investigating
forming good relationships with the community

or any others really!
How did everyone find it?

Thought it was ok

I felt like the KU questions were pretty good although I did struggle with examples for some of the questions

I think that the enquiry skills were hard! The only one I'm happy about and feel that I've done well in is the conclusions, the others I am really not sure about.

Modern Studies is one of those subject where they can accept so many answers though so it's hard to know what you've got right and what you've not which in a way is kind of reassuring.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by studyranger
Thought it was ok

I hate the question about 3 advantages of ams, I knew only 2 and I wrote 2 disadvantages :/
Original post by alx2000
I felt like the KU questions were pretty good although I did struggle with examples for some of the questions

I think that the enquiry skills were hard! The only one I'm happy about and feel that I've done well in is the conclusions, the others I am really not sure about.

Modern Studies is one of those subject where they can accept so many answers though so it's hard to know what you've got right and what you've not which in a way is kind of reassuring.

What conclusion question are you on about ?

Mine was for world powers and I hated it. It was about Japan. !!!
I thought it was a good exam, although I'm in discontent over the source question for Democracy in the UK. Overall, out of Democracy in the UK/Crime and Law/USA, it is fair to say that the questions were of a good standard. I'm satisfied, and I'm glad it's all over! The last exam is over, now for a week's break then into the new timetable. Fun.
Crime and the Law

What did you write for the second question, Explain question for crime and the law ?
What conclusion question are you on about ?

Mine was for world powers and I hated it. It was about Japan. !!!

That's the one I done too, I thought it was great!! Haha
Original post by alx2000
That's the one I done too, I thought it was great!! Haha

What did you write ?
Hahaha, I found it really difficult.

What was your conclusion for the bullet points ?
Crime and the Law

What did you write for the second question, Explain question for crime and the law ?

Was that the one on why some people are more likely to be affected by crime ?

For that question I done:
- because of their age eg the elderly because they're defenceless
- because of where they live eg inner cities have a higher level of burglary than the suburbs
What did you write ?
Hahaha, I found it really difficult.

What was your conclusion for the bullet points ?

For the first one i said that crime isn't as big a problem in Japan as it if for other countries
For the second I said that the elderly population is rising and with that has come financial difficulties
For the last it was South Korea that was most like Japan
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending