The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 1 - 24th of May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nemya_Nation
Can I just get some last minute re-assurance, for the 5 marker question I was soo happy that came up during the test as the day before I watched a youtube video on it, but amidst the excitement I forgot that the wavelength would be across 3 nodes not 2 I messed up on that. I did everything else correctly (wasn't much else to do tbh) but I remember putting 5.9 instead of 12.8 or something. How many marks do you guys feel I'v lost. This and the diameter question are the only ones that are really cause for concern at this moment in time.

Cheers

Drop 1. You'll get ecf for incorrect measurement
Hi,

Thanks for the reply guys.

I hope its a minimum of 2 marks lost there, I might actually get a decent grade from Physics... depending on how the test on the 9th June will treat us.

Any revision tips for the second test guys?
Reply 1022
Anyone made and unofficial markscheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any advise on how to revise for paper 2, it is quite different to paper 1, where I just completed a lot of past papers and read through the text book.....

Thank you!
I would just do a lot of calculated questions especailly electricity they always give us horrible ones on thoose. Look at you investigation pack, do some work on gradients and I reckon you would be ready.

Good Luck
Reply 1025
Did anyone get 9.0x10^23 for the photon frequency
Original post by MK25699
Does anyone have any advise on how to revise for paper 2, it is quite different to paper 1, where I just completed a lot of past papers and read through the text book.....

Thank you!

20 marks of physics you should know, for the data questions I'd advise just grafting through as many graph questions and make sure you're confident on uncertainties and things, I find watching youtube videos of people going through papers help me, for the 30 mark multiple choice, go through the easy ones first and then come back to the rest, don't sit there staring at one of the harder ones hoping it comes to you, paper 2 is more about time management than anything else really
Original post by 11234
Did anyone get 9.0x10^23 for the photon frequency

Yeah but I put it to 4 significant figures as that's how they gave the rest energy of helium nucleus
Reply 1028
Original post by DEWR98
Yeah but I put it to 4 significant figures as that's how they gave the rest energy of helium nucleus

Is it right?
Reply 1029
In the second paper of the second set, in question 1 why do they use the smallest increment i.e. 0.5mm as the absolute uncertainty not HALF it because thats what it said in the practical handbok
Original post by 11234
In the second paper of the second set, in question 1 why do they use the smallest increment i.e. 0.5mm as the absolute uncertainty not HALF it because thats what it said in the practical handbok

Could you send me the link to the paper because if I see the question then I may be able to help you
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1031
Original post by asinghj
Could you send me the link to the paper because if I see the question then I may be able to help you

K full second set should be attached :smile:
Original post by 11234

If you mean Q1.1 then the question does not ask for the absolute uncertainty. It asks for the precision which is the smallest measurement possible on the mocrometer main scale which is 0.5
Otherwise I do not know 😄
Reply 1033
Original post by Exavior
If you mean Q1.1 then the question does not ask for the absolute uncertainty. It asks for the precision which is the smallest measurement possible on the mocrometer main scale which is 0.5
Otherwise I do not know 😄

What about the measurement of length on the question just underneath why did they use 2mm as abs uncertainty not 1mm
Original post by 11234
What about the measurement of length on the question just underneath why did they use 2mm as abs uncertainty not 1mm

Ok for the length I am 100% sure that it's because on the ruler you can measure up to +/- 1mm but you have 2 measurements so it's +/- 2
Reply 1035
Original post by asinghj
Ok for the length I am 100% sure that it's because on the ruler you can measure up to +/- 1mm but you have 2 measurements so it's +/- 2

But why is it not half the increment so 2x0.5mm
Hi how are people revising for the paper 2 exam ? Does anyone have any online resources for practicals ?? Thanks :P I'm just going over the specimen paper but I want to do something else.
Original post by 11234
But why is it not half the increment so 2x0.5mm

Either way is right as the mark scheme says allow 1mm (2x0.5) and the final answer of 0.88
Original post by Cinna21
Hi how are people revising for the paper 2 exam ? Does anyone have any online resources for practicals ?? Thanks :P I'm just going over the specimen paper but I want to do something else.

I'm gonna start on specimen papers and questions from book, also try past papers from previous specs. Make sure to try ISAs
about the chocolate one,if I wrote they are in phase and have constructive interference but I said they are nodes,how many marks i may lose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest