The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Okdmd46
I bought the english language revision book and its good for the second unit, havent looked at the first one yet but will tomarrow, only about £8 on amazon or there is a resource booklet similar to the book with tips and techniques on the ccea website under support materials!

I think I have the same book, is it by Hodder Education? I haven't looked at the unit two stuff yet but for multi modal It has a page about language techniques and there effects which I find helpful because my teacher always says I'm good at identifying the techniques but need to improve on saying why the writer uses them
Original post by chemnerd4life
I think I have the same book, is it by Hodder Education? I haven't looked at the unit two stuff yet but for multi modal It has a page about language techniques and there effects which I find helpful because my teacher always says I'm good at identifying the techniques but need to improve on saying why the writer uses them

Yea thats the one, its actually decent, i bought the literature one too but it was poor enough and cost more lmao
Original post by Okdmd46
Yea thats the one, its actually decent, i bought the literature one too but it was poor enough and cost more lmao

I couldn't find any decent ones for Juno that weren't like £20 , but I got a CGP one for Animal Farm that was pretty helpful
I couldn't find any decent ones for Juno that weren't like £20 , but I got a CGP one for Animal Farm that was pretty helpful

The ccea one had no detail whatsoever in it, think it caused me more of a hinderence than a help lmao
Original post by Okdmd46
The ccea one had no detail whatsoever in it, think it caused me more of a hinderence than a help lmao

Oh no, I hope not 😂
Oh no, I hope not 😂

Lol would not recommend it
I'm not doing too much really, I never really know what to do. For multi modal I am going over different presentational and language devices and their effects. That's all I have done so far anyway😂

My teacher just told me to look at markschemes so that's probably all that I'll do ahaha
How's everyone's revision going for this weeks exams? :s-smilie:
How's everyone's revision going for this weeks exams? :s-smilie:

Not bad I guess- I'm just really scared for T6 Maths! I only have that and french, you?
Original post by chloecam29
Not bad I guess- I'm just really scared for T6 Maths! I only have that and french, you?

I have English Language and T6 maths. Been doing loads of past paper and getting above 40/50 in all of them. But there is still some questions I keep getting wrong that I'm working on now 😊
I have English Language and T6 maths. Been doing loads of past paper and getting above 40/50 in all of them. But there is still some questions I keep getting wrong that I'm working on now 😊

Our school did our English Language exams last year/January this year for some reason! Aw wow that's so good!

Some of the t6 questions are so awkward and many are way harder than t4 stuff!! Dont like it
Original post by Okdmd46
Some of the t6 questions are so awkward and many are way harder than t4 stuff!! Dont like it

I know a maths teacher who wrote a question in the t6 paper and she said it was very hard! :frown:
Original post by Philipstothers
I know a maths teacher who wrote a question in the t6 paper and she said it was very hard! :frown:

The 2015 t6 was bad
Original post by Okdmd46

On some papers I didn't even know how to attempt the last two questions, so hopefully they will be good ones this year
I have English 1 tomorrow, T6 on Thursday and French reading on Friday and I'm so doomed for all of them. I find the English personal writing so hard to get a topic to talk about! Once I think of something I'm fine, but I must be really heartless or something because whenever it asks 'write about a time when you felt x' I can't think of anything!:colondollar:

I haven't really had a chance to revise maths but I'll probably do a past paper today - problem is they take so long to do it's basically the whole afternoon doing one and going over it. I only need a mid A for an A* overall though so that's my only hope!

And French is just horrible.
Is anyone doing Double Award science?
Original post by T0ucan
I have English 1 tomorrow, T6 on Thursday and French reading on Friday and I'm so doomed for all of them. I find the English personal writing so hard to get a topic to talk about! Once I think of something I'm fine, but I must be really heartless or something because whenever it asks 'write about a time when you felt x' I can't think of anything!:colondollar:

I haven't really had a chance to revise maths but I'll probably do a past paper today - problem is they take so long to do it's basically the whole afternoon doing one and going over it. I only need a mid A for an A* overall though so that's my only hope!

And French is just horrible.

I'm the same when it comes to Personal Writing, I never know what to write. My life must be so boring 😂 I've been doing a few T6 papers and have done pretty well in them but I want to do better to make up for my T4 performance last week. I had Spanish last week and it was one of the most difficult papers I have ever done, so good luck to you 😭
I'm the same when it comes to Personal Writing, I never know what to write. My life must be so boring 😂 I've been doing a few T6 papers and have done pretty well in them but I want to do better to make up for my T4 performance last week. I had Spanish last week and it was one of the most difficult papers I have ever done, so good luck to you 😭

Omg I know right! "Write about an exciting time in your life" or something.. Uhh
Original post by Tsunaomi
Omg I know right! "Write about an exciting time in your life" or something.. Uhh

Im hoping its about a person or place, they aren't too bad

Quick Reply

Latest