The Student Room Group

How to go to parties without Muslim parents finding out?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amira999
My parents are not okay with me going to parties so I miss out on a lot of stuff. On Saturday my friends had a party so I said told my mum I was going late night ice skating with my friends and would be home by 10. I went to the party and it was really fun but I ended up losing my Oyster card so it took me ages to try and look for it but I couldn't find it and then the bus home took ages to come. I ended up getting home at 11. My mum and brother were really really mad at me. My mum said I can't go out past 8pm anymore :frown:. There's another party on Friday but I'm obviously not gonna go but for future parties what can I say to my parents as an excuse for being out late? It's annoying because I met some really cool people who I would like to get to know some more. What excuses can I use? Thank you

clearly your parents really trusted you because the fact that they let you go late night ice skating?! come on bruh, why would you break their trust over some little party? forget that, they dont let you go to parties for a reason, have you never thought of why they dont?
your choice im not tryna "brainwash" you or anything...
Reply 61
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
One of my friends lied to her parents about what uni she was going to and literally cut all ties with them and left Islam for Buddhism. The joys of Islamic upbringing.

I have massive respect for the Muslims on here who are going to let their kids interact and all. You'd think that the other Muslims who want to home school their kid for an Islamic upbringing would read that controlling parenting leads to the kid going over the top. I had strict parents and as soon as I hit my teens I just ended up resenting them because I couldn't be a normal teenager.

It's sad as hell. I pity the children so so much.

Yeah there's thousands of cases like that - and I'm sure there'd be more if the kids weren't just honour killed :sigh:

yeah gurl you bet my child's gonna live the happiest life :daydreaming: samesame but dat cycle's gonna be broken in my family :biggrin:

yeah it is. :frown:
Say it's a sleepover.
My parents are not okay with me going to parties so I miss out on a lot of stuff. On Saturday my friends had a party so I said told my mum I was going late night ice skating with my friends and would be home by 10. I went to the party and it was really fun but I ended up losing my Oyster card so it took me ages to try and look for it but I couldn't find it and then the bus home took ages to come. I ended up getting home at 11. My mum and brother were really really mad at me. My mum said I can't go out past 8pm anymore :frown:. There's another party on Friday but I'm obviously not gonna go but for future parties what can I say to my parents as an excuse for being out late? It's annoying because I met some really cool people who I would like to get to know some more. What excuses can I use? Thank you

Lol, had same problem, this worked for me more than once, depending on how old you are and whether you're still in school, say that your school has a project where you have to stay awake 24 hours for charity, this will only work if you go all in and probably have to stay at friends house or hotel, let me know what you do!
Original post by z33
Yeah there's thousands of cases like that - and I'm sure there'd be more if the kids weren't just honour killed :sigh:

yeah gurl you bet my child's gonna live the happiest life :daydreaming: samesame but dat cycle's gonna be broken in my family :biggrin:

yeah it is. :frown:

Yeah I know.. So glad I wasn't born a Muslim. With my attitude to sex and all I wouldn't have survived Islam :colondollar:

My kids shall be nature loving bohemians. :h:
Reply 65
Original post by Kraixo
She will end up losing her virginity start doing drugs and alcohol, then out of regret make another post titled

"[Muslims Only] I MESSED UP!!"

Prevention is better than cure.

I already drink alcohol, drugs aren't really my kind of thing and I don't see anything wrong with sex outside of marriage.
Reply 66
Original post by Kraixo
Lol, tell your parents that you aren't Muslim then and move out. They won't let you do unIslamic things.

I'm only 16
I already drink alcohol, drugs aren't really my kind of thing and I don't see anything wrong with sex outside of marriage.

Its only when you snap out of disney land you realise the consequences of such immoral things, have mercy on your parents and don't tell them you will give em a hearth attack.

give me the invite instead, need to relieve some exam stress.
Reply 69
Original post by Anonymous
Do you think your parents will let you move away from home they will want you to go to a local uni so they can keep you under control.
Do you fast during ramadan?

There's not really much I can do they can do when I'm 18. No I don't fast.
I'm only 16

Your naive and fragile anyone can misuse and scar you for life, listen to your parents at least until your financially independent.

Smh, feel sorry for your parents.
Don't sneak around behind your parents' back, FFS...
Reply 72
Original post by Kraixo
Its only when you snap out of disney land you realise the consequences of such immoral things, have mercy on your parents and don't tell them you will give em a hearth attack.

Not sure how many times I've repeated this but I'm not a Muslim. My morals are not the same as your morals.
Can't believe that most people here are encouraging her to disobey her parents in a rule that is supposed to protect her.

She just admitted that she drinks and is 16... What if your 16 year old daughter was partying late till night drunk? What if she got pregnant and ruined her life?

Some stupid people on this forum.
Reply 74
Original post by Kraixo
Can't believe that most people here are encouraging her to disobey her parents in a rule that is supposed to protect her.

She just admitted that she drinks and is 16... What if your 16 year old daughter was partying late till night drunk? What if she got pregnant and ruined her life?

Some stupid people on this forum.

I do not drink to the point where I am sloppy and can not control myself, I would never be stupid enough to get pregnant.
I do not drink to the point where I am sloppy and can not control myself, I would never be stupid enough to get pregnant.

Ok you keep saying that to yourself like every other person in your position does
Reply 76
Original post by Kraixo
Ok you keep saying that to yourself like every other person in your position does

You most likely have never drank alcohol so you wouldn't know that it effects people in different ways.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
If she went to parties and didn't do anything apart from dancing and hanging out with her friends I don't see why she would go to hell..

The person who you quoted is obviously being a bit of moron, but in the context of anything disobeying your parents is sinful many of us do it, unwillingly or willingly, but for something like going to a party depending if there is alcohol free mixing etc it would be advised islamically anyway to not go, so if parents are saying it she should listen, however if it is "halal" and nothing sinful is going on then explain that and see what they say.
ask your parents to drop you off at one of the friends who is also going to the party's house.

then your parents think you're at your friends house when really you just go to the party with your friend.
Reply 79
Original post by Kraixo

Seth Mcfarlanes (actor) parents told Seth that he that he can smoke weed with them if he ever wanted to. This made Seth feel that weed was uncool because he's parents were okay with it, so he never smoked weed. Do you see what i'm saying. Parent's that are strict will make made a teenager more rebellious. lol to my explanation but it's the best way I could've explained it.

Quick Reply