The Student Room Group

How to go to parties without Muslim parents finding out?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sfhkh
lol, i've studied in school, from the time i could remember we were taught alcohol and smoking is bad for you. Did you know we learn about the short term and long term effects of alcohol. In fact we get taught about it as soon as we enter secondary school.

Yes what your saying is correct and I am glad to hear that schools still do this.
Original post by Kraixo
She will end up losing her virginity start doing drugs and alcohol, then out of regret make another post titled

"[Muslims Only] I MESSED UP!!"

Prevention is better than cure.

Can someone please explain to me why girls see losing their virginity as a bad thing? Whereas guys normally can't wait. And just because you're going to a party it doesn't mean you'll take all kinds of drugs. I certainly don't lol
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
One of my friends lied to her parents about what uni she was going to and literally cut all ties with them and left Islam for Buddhism. The joys of Islamic upbringing.

I have massive respect for the Muslims on here who are going to let their kids interact and all. You'd think that the other Muslims who want to home school their kid for an Islamic upbringing would read that controlling parenting leads to the kid going over the top. I had strict parents and as soon as I hit my teens I just ended up resenting them because I couldn't be a normal teenager.

It's sad as hell. I pity the children so so much.

I'm a muslim myself but I agree with you completely.
There's nothing wrong with having sleepovers.
I go to my friends houses for pool parties and dance late in the night.
I would want my children to be muslim too.
But I would never cage them up and pressure them unless it was needed, like if they were getting bad school grades or weren't praying or something.
I mean, what mother would want a rebellious child?

But please, don't categorise all Muslims to be like OP's ones. Because all my friends are Muslims too. And we all party together. Dance all night long.
Have karaokes. Etc.

We're muslims too. And we want our children to have an Islamic upbringing.
That doesn't necessarily have to mean by controlling them or being extra strict.
Reply 103
Original post by lucabrasi98
Can someone please explain to me why girls see losing their virginity as a bad thing? Whereas guys normally can't wait. And just because you're going to a party it doesn't mean you'll take all kinds of drugs. I certainly don't lol

I don't see it as a bad thing at all. As long as the sex is safe and consensual, it's completely fine.
Original post by lucabrasi98

It would seem that considering OP comes from a Muslim family, other Muslims are commenting in the context of giving OP Islam-correct advice.

Essentially the idea that she 'loses value' as a marriage partner if she's had pre-marital sex.

Sad!
Original post by XcitingStuart
Self respect is only really defined by oneself.

I was quoting something from the Big Bang Theory.
Original post by Kraixo
Can't believe that most people here are encouraging her to disobey her parents in a rule that is supposed to protect her.

She just admitted that she drinks and is 16... What if your 16 year old daughter was partying late till night drunk? What if she got pregnant and ruined her life?

Some stupid people on this forum.

Original post by Kraixo
Ok you keep saying that to yourself like every other person in your position does

Dude please stop judging her. If she's responsible, drinks reasonable amounts and doesn't plan to sleep around at this age then why on Earth are you getting all sarcastic and rude about it?

And I'm pretty sure that if my 16 year old was partying until she was drunk, I'd at least know about it and in the morning, when she's suffering from a hangover, I'd ask her if getting piss drunk was worth it or not.
Dude please stop judging her. If she's responsible, drinks reasonable amounts and doesn't plan to sleep around at this age then why on Earth are you getting all sarcastic and rude about it?

And I'm pretty sure that if my 16 year old was partying until she was drunk, I'd at least know about it and in the morning, when she's suffering from a hangover, I'd ask her if getting piss drunk was worth it or not.

I don't think you understand the context, her family is muslim they won't have the same reaction as you.

Would you like your kid sneaking away behind your back? seems like it

Anyways your main concern should be whether the 16-year-old of yours is pregnant or not when she is suffering from hangover due to partying till mid night.
Original post by Marzy-Sama
I'm a muslim myself but I agree with you completely.
There's nothing wrong with having sleepovers.
I go to my friends houses for pool parties and dance late in the night.
I would want my children to be muslim too.
But I would never cage them up and pressure them unless it was needed, like if they were getting bad school grades or weren't praying or something.
I mean, what mother would want a rebellious child?

But please, don't categorise all Muslims to be like OP's ones. Because all my friends are Muslims too. And we all party together. Dance all night long.
Have karaokes. Etc.

We're muslims too. And we want our children to have an Islamic upbringing.
That doesn't necessarily have to mean by controlling them or being extra strict.

Your kids are going to grow up to be brilliant because you're going to show that you trust them and everything. Based on own experience and from what I've seen, the stricter your parents the faster you pop.

Original post by amira999
I don't see it as a bad thing at all. As long as the sex is safe and consensual, it's completely fine.

You seem like a liberal person so good on you! It must be upsetting having conflicting views to your parents but hang on :smile:
Original post by Kraixo
I don't think you understand the context, her family is muslim they won't have the same reaction as you.

Would you like your kid sneaking away behind your back? seems like it

Anyways your main concern should be whether the 16-year-old of yours is pregnant or not when she is suffering from hangover due to partying till mid night.

My main point is that her parents are strict to the point that she's sneaking behind their backs. I'm pretty sure if I do have children, I'd ask them to be honest with me about where they go and be much more chilled.

That's why secondary school kids are taught about the joys of contraception. If my 16 year old lost her virginity, I'd tell her to be safe and to lose it to someone she loves and feels ready to.
My main point is that her parents are strict to the point that she's sneaking behind their backs. I'm pretty sure if I do have children, I'd ask them to be honest with me about where they go and be much more chilled.

That's why secondary school kids are taught about the joys of contraception. If my 16 year old lost her virginity, I'd tell her to be safe and to lose it to someone she loves and feels ready to.

Thats ok, but her parents are different so useful advice should be given based on the current situation she is in.

The advice you have given eg. Say you are going for a sleep over, is not appropiate as it will break the current little trust between her and her parents which will make things ultimately worse, also considering that her brother is a snitch.

Anyways, even thou the joys of contraception are taught at such a young age which is very good, the rate of teen pregnancies are still to damn high the cause being 'drunk sex'.
Original post by Kraixo
Thats ok, but her parents are different so useful advice should be given based on the current situation she is in.

The advice you have given eg. Say you are going for a sleep over, is not appropiate as it will break the current little trust between her and her parents which will make things ultimately worse, also considering that her brother is a snitch.

Anyways, even thou the joys of contraception are taught at such a young age which is very good, the rate of teen pregnancies are still to damn high the cause being 'drunk sex'.

Really depends on the area tbh. More needs to be done on contraception tbh.
Original post by amira999

Do you know when you say as long as the sex is safe , does that mean that you'll allow your kids to lose their virginity before marriage?
Really depends on the area tbh. More needs to be done on contraception tbh.

You don't really make sense, first you say that parents should trust their kids with stuff even adults struggle with and destroy their lives and others with.

Then you go saying that there is a lack of education when it comes to contraception :P

o well
Your kids are going to grow up to be brilliant because you're going to show that you trust them and everything. Based on own experience and from what I've seen, the stricter your parents the faster you pop.

Thank you
And yes. I agree. Trusting is the main issue. A trusted child will meet the parents expectations.
It's the fundamental key to good parenting.
Reply 115
Original post by Kraixo
You don't really make sense, first you say that parents should trust their kids with stuff even adults struggle with and destroy their lives and others with.

Then you go saying that there is a lack of education when it comes to contraception :P

o well

In year 10 you get taught about it in every state school.
Original post by Kraixo
Drinking in such an environment can easily lead to being drunk. Once a 16 year old fragile girl is drunk exposed to predators in such a hypersexualized environment....

You get the point.

Stop being so bloody dramatic and naive. It's obvious you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Most people who go to parties where there's alcohol do not get pregnant or are forced into sex against their will so stop making stupid generalisations when you've probably never been to one of these parties in the first place. And she's not Muslim so telling her it's a sin is bloody meaningless.
Clubbing is completely overated, the only thing you like about drinking and clubbing is that it is exciting because you are not allowed to do it, and as soon as you hit 18 it will probably become really boring, and how were u planning on getting ID?.. So much illegal, not just ur parents, law as well
Watch this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMDDOzCXg9I
Original post by Anonymous
Stop being so bloody dramatic and naive. It's obvious you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Most people who go to parties where there's alcohol do not get pregnant or are forced into sex against their will so stop making stupid generalisations when you've probably never been to one of these parties in the first place. And she's not Muslim so telling her it's a sin is bloody meaningless.

Wrong place, wrong time can apply to anything, she is 16 for christ sake,
Original post by Anonymous

Your spreading false information.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending