The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mrgan
Is it possible an essay on gender dysphoria would come up?

Yes
Reply 941
Original post by evekay
that's what i was planning! But like i feel like i've just hit a brick wall in terms of how to revise... how are you doing it? memorising essays? mind maps? flash cards? past papers? i dunno which one is the best:frown:

try using a whiteboard and writing everything you remember so far on a topic, when you cant remember anything else, look back at your notes and add anything you missed to the whiteboard. keep doing that until you remember everything! you could try writing small plans out with an outline of what you need to write?
Reply 942
Original post by BethM98
Anyone have any question predictions for the unit 3 paper for eating behaviour, relationships and gender? :smile:

https://psychologya2modelanswers.wordpress.com/2016/05/30/predictions-for-2016-psya3-paper/

for eating behaviours, it could be neural explanantions for eating behurs (e.g. glucostatic theory) and attitudes towards food (culture and health). It could also be evolutionary approach to eating disorders.
I've gone through the past unit 3 papers on the gender, eating behaviour and relationships topics and narrowed down the topics that haven't appeared and therefore could come up this year...

Gender: cultural influences, gender dysphoria, role of genes and hormones
Eating behaviour: Neural mechanisms
Relationships: Breakdown of romantic relationships
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
You can use culture bias in every essay aslong as you think it fits correctly for example rather than say the generic only applies to western cultures and therefore cannot apply to eastern or collectivist etc, explain why this is in the context of question, it may be norms and values are different so in the case of relationships arrange marriages more prevelanet than in western cultures so you cant generalise?

So its all about applying it same thing with lab based artificial validity etc, all need to be relevant.

Best way to put it is if youre eval point can fit into another essay it isnt right. Each eval point needs to be specific to the question.

This is true, I'm just saying not to use culture bias as a sort of go-to point - as you've said it should be contextualised to each essay. What i'm saying is that in certain essays there are other IDA points that are better suited to them, for example gender bias in evolutionary explanations of aggression instead of culture bias. I'm not saying it necessarily can't be used, just that it's better in some than others.
Original post by BethM98
I've gone through the past unit 3 papers on the gender, eating behaviour and relationships topics and narrowed down the topics that haven't appeared and therefore could come up this year...

Gender: cultural influences, gender dysphoria, role of genes and hormones
Eating behaviour: Neural mechanisms
Relationships: Breakdown of romantic relationships

Lol loopa did give predictions, so check that out.
Original post by SunDun111
got a question on IDA points, would this be one?

So im evaluatng peer interactions in the influence of childhood on adult relationships,

One point i'd make is

One piece of evidence supporting the theory is from Suomi and Harlow who did a real life monkeys study. They looked at rhesus monkeys, and only allowed them to rear with adult monkeys, and denied them the chance to spend time with peers. They found as they grew older they displayed inappropriate sexual and social behaviour as adults, the longer this went on the more extreme it gets. This shows that the theory can be applied to real life and this supports the theory.

I dont know if im missing something but no that wouldnt class as an IDA point, that would be a simple A02 point.

Hope that helps
Original post by A-LJLB
I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but in this case it actually helps as I keep "perfecting" my essays by going over them and tweaking them, and in turn I learn the essay as I keep going over it. When I'm *finally* happy with it, I'll just write out the paragraphs until I feel confident that I can reproduce the essay to a very high standard in the exam!

Have you started your revision then yet?
I dont know if im missing something but no that wouldnt class as an IDA point, that would be a simple A02 point.

Hope that helps

eh in my book it says IDA becuase its real world application?

Lol real world application is definitely not an IDA point, dont know what book that is but its wrong.
Lol real world application is definitely not an IDA point, dont know what book that is but its wrong.

Kinda annoying.. considering I might have my IDA points messed up then..
Kinda annoying.. considering I might have my IDA points messed up then..

Damn what other IDA points did you use, ill let you know if they are IDA points, since this is a must in the exam if you dont have any you cant score a good grade.
Can someone explain if there is gender differences what is it classed as? Alpha or beta bias
Can someone explain if there is gender differences what is it classed as? Alpha or beta bias

Alpha

Guys, real world application IS IDA, or at least is classed in the same AO3 category and marked the same
Original post by Mesosleepy
Alpha

i thought it would be beta bias if the theory doesnt consider gender differences? therefore thinks both genders are similar
i thought it would be beta bias if the theory doesnt consider gender differences? therefore thinks both genders are similar

Assuming male and females are similar in all aspects - Beta bias
Assuming there are stark differences between male and female - Alpha bias
Reply 957
Can someone please send me the predication for PSYA3 on loopa for relationships, aggression and gender. To access them you need Facebook and I don't have Facebook...

Much appreciated
Lol loopa did give predictions, so check that out.

I cant find the loopa predictions when I looked they only had them for last years paper?
Damn what other IDA points did you use, ill let you know if they are IDA points, since this is a must in the exam if you dont have any you cant score a good grade.

Original post by A-LJLB
Guys, real world application IS IDA, or at least is classed in the same AO3 category and marked the same

so it is one?

Latest

Trending

Trending