The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
asked to find how youd make a 100cm3 (or sum) of 0.15 molar (or sumn) solution of watever

Posted from TSR Mobile

i got 10cm3 of the solution and 90cm3 of water :s-smilie: don't know if its right i just tried using chemistry equations
Original post by marcobruni98
i got 10cm3 of the solution and 90cm3 of water :s-smilie: don't know if its right i just tried using chemistry equations

yea thats also wat i got i just divdied 1 molar by the conc they wanted then divided the volume they wanted by the answer
Unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by medicine71012
Unofficial mark scheme?

probly hard to make a bio unofficial mark schem as the questions can have so many different answers and they are very hard to remember
You guys know this bio exam doesn't even go towards our A level mark next year
Original post by james..michael
You guys know this bio exam doesn't even go towards our A level mark next year

yeah but it does make up our predicted grades which go to universities unles ur teacher predicts not based off the exam which i highly doubt
anyone got a list of topics that didn't come up on paper 1?
Any predictions for paper 2?
Gas exchange
Mass transport in plants and animals
All the spexies variation topics specifically antibiotic resistance and the practical and clear zone
Aseptic technique
Root plant cells practical
Can anyone please tell me what topics were on paper 1? And what was the application question about.
Original post by Lemauricien
Thank me later ini
Posted from TSR Mobile

nice but aqa might pull a fast one and be like im testing on that topic again just to trip us ut focus on the topics that didnt come up but still dont forget the ones that did atleast thats wat my teahcer said thanks though
Anyone know if we need to now about cholera in the new spec

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemauricien
Thank me later ini
Posted from TSR Mobile

Where did you get this info?
Oh! Thanks for the info. I'm taking 2 gap years though so I won't be needing any offers from universities in the next 3 years. By that time I would have finished my a levels and they will be using my a level grades as a reference not my predicted grades. My teachers also have already done our predicted grades for next year based on all our mocks we've done and will only change them if our as results are horrific
hi can someone tell me ....how the table was supposed to be drawn for question number 1 in the biology practicals that was on the 26 may ?
thank u
What's everyone revising for paper 2
I know not enzymes but forgotten what wasn't on the first paper :/
Im pretty sure I failed the first exam. Did not go well at all.
Original post by moshe015
Anyone know if we need to now about cholera in the new spec

Posted from TSR Mobile

it doesn't say anywhere in the new spec that we need to know about cholera specifically like the past specification. But i think it'll be good go gather a bit of knowledge on it just in case.
Original post by CrazyFool229
Debatable - The paper might be easy (in terms of the questions) however the mark scheme can be extremely harsh when it comes to the usage of keywords. I was marked down for saying "amino acid sequence" rather than "specific amino acid sequence" in a question.

Also, some have argued that because this is the new specification, the board might lower boundaries to make the spec more appealing, I highly doubt that however as I don't think it will sit well with Ofqual!.

so like easy papers can also have low-grade boundaries ?! is this hat ur trying to say ?if this is the case i still have hope for scoring at least a B on my biology paper 3 .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending