The Student Room Group

not another religious thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by z33
yeah like i said, you stop praying, go clean it up and then get back to praying

oh i thought you meant they had to stop completely
Original post by Alien Warrior
Fasting does not cure illnesses, apart from maybe illnesses triggered by obesity as you'd lose weight.

Hahah lol okay babe

http://www.techofheart.co/2006/09/science-of-fasting-medical-benefits-of.html

Detoxication.
Has a positive effect on Alzheimer's and more.
1000's of people fasting in hot countries have died of thirst, so no idea.

proof/source?
Original post by shawtyb
hm ok yh i understand the loosing blood
why though? what if you have a nose bleed half way through?!
erm, ok :/

There's exceptions to fasting lol
If you get a nosebleed, you break the fast and drink water and whatnot.
And then make up for that fast at another point of the year when you're feeling better.

There are other exceptions too tbh.
And pregnant ladies aren't meant to fast, unless they really want to.
And if it's fatal for you, then of course you don't fast.
God doesn't want to kill people. He gives other options.
You can either make up for that fast later on in the year when you're more capable. Or you provide food for a fasting person, to start and break their fast using. Preferable in a poor country like in Africa,where food and water is scarce.
Reply 64
Original post by Marzy-Sama
There's exceptions to fasting lol
If you get a nosebleed, you break the fast and drink water and whatnot.
And then make up for that fast at another point of the year when you're feeling better.

There are other exceptions too tbh.
And pregnant ladies aren't meant to fast, unless they really want to.
And if it's fatal for you, then of course you don't fast.
God doesn't want to kill people. He gives other options.
You can either make up for that fast later on in the year when you're more capable. Or you provide food for a fasting person, to start and break their fast using. Preferable in a poor country like in Africa,where food and water is scarce.

so you have to go find someone who has no food?
Reply 65
Original post by shawtyb
why 9:21? bit specific. like does that one minute REALLY matter?

yupp gotta wait til the athaan goes off xD i swear the clock turns back when you're waiting for that minute x_X
Reply 66
Original post by z33
yupp gotta wait til the athaan goes off xD i swear the clock turns back when you're waiting for that minute x_X

athaan?
is it a religious alarm clock?
Reply 67
They weren't ill when they started the fast. Going hours without drinking in hot countries can kill you very quickly.

Like I said we are forbidden to fast while ill. This means if we become ill while fasting (eg. Dehydration) then we should stop. Idk about what those people were following but this is the rule of Islam. It is practical religion. The point of fasting is to teach self-discipline so we become strong willed and avoid detrimental sins in the future. Its not to make us weak and helpless. If one isnt able to fast, they shouldnt do it. Simple
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by shawtyb

yeah you give a pound of flour or something like that
if you can't find anyone who hasn't got food you give the money to a scholar who will have people go find those in need and buy food and stuff for them
Original post by shawtyb
athaan?

adhaan is the call to prayer.

It's uttered by mouth. There are alarms which play a recorded form of the adhaan also.
Original post by shawtyb

No bruh
XD
We live at a time where there are charities already ready for this cause.
You pay them the amount and they go and give the people the food.
There's special charities made just for this.
Reply 71
Original post by shawtyb
athaan?

haha basically
it's the islamic call to worship/ prayer
so in countries with a muslim majority in the morning at like 3am you'd hear people outside drumming and reciting it to wake you up for morning prayers and you'd hear it 5 times throughout the day at the local mosque/ on TV/ wherever

obv can't do that here so we just check the time on the calendars and set alarm clocks xD
Original post by shawtyb
athaan?

It's not exactly that.
It's just that we're meant to start the fast at dawn, just before the sun rises and you can see that white line across the horizon.
And we break it just after the sun has finished fully setting.
This is why the minute is precise. Eating one minute before would mean eating before the sun has finished setting.

And athaan is a call to prayer. It also indicates these really specific times.
Reply 73
Original post by loveleest
Do the times change everyday?

yep by like a minute or two but after 30 days you break fast half an hour earlier than you did at the start :ahee:
Original post by z33
yep by like a minute or two but after 30 days you break fast half an hour earlier than you did at the start :ahee:

How do you know if it changes?
Reply 75
Original post by That Arab Guy

It's uttered by mouth. There are alarms which play a recorded form of the adhaan also.

my friend's went off during ICT lesson once and our teacher thought it was someone's podcast and was like "you're gonna fail if you hand this in"

:rofl: :toofunny: i still die
Fasting is for a good cause etc etc. But then why when the fasting season is over do they go back to however they were before. Surely if fasting makes you appreciate and makes you a better Muslim, you should be implementing these values all year round, not just when you fast.
Reply 77
Original post by loveleest
How do you know if it changes?

there's prayer calendars x3

Spoiler

Reply 78
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
I thought stupidity had a limit... That was until I saw some of OPs posts

thought you were CT for a second and I was like someone's getting fireddddddddddd :eek3: :colone:

but no :sigh: disappointing :colonhash:
Reply 79
Original post by z33
yeah you give a pound of flour or something like that
if you can't find anyone who hasn't got food you give the money to a scholar who will have people go find those in need and buy food and stuff for them

but what if there homeless and you just give them a bunch of flour? they cant do much with it

Original post by That Arab Guy

so u just pray where u stand?

No bruh
XD
We live at a time where there are charities already ready for this cause.
You pay them the amount and they go and give the people the food.
There's special charities made just for this.

ah, helpful :smile:
like food banks?

Original post by z33
haha basically
it's the islamic call to worship/ prayer
so in countries with a muslim majority in the morning at like 3am you'd hear people outside drumming and reciting it to wake you up for morning prayers and you'd hear it 5 times throughout the day at the local mosque/ on TV/ wherever

obv can't do that here so we just check the time on the calendars and set alarm clocks xD

3am? do you lot not sleep?! f**k that!
yous pray alot! im sure he wouldnt have forgot if u only do it once a day?

It's not exactly that.
It's just that we're meant to start the fast at dawn, just before the sun rises and you can see that white line across the horizon.
And we break it just after the sun has finished fully setting.
This is why the minute is precise. Eating one minute before would mean eating before the sun has finished setting.

And athaan is a call to prayer. It also indicates these really specific times.

so everything prior to that would have been a waste?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending