The Student Room Group

Why does everyone listen to bad music?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Your ears need to be fixed if you think drake sucks
Original post by MovedMasterMike
This generation of music sucks. People should be listening to good rock and metal like Staind, Korn, Rage Aginst the Machince, Deftones, Stone Temple Pilots and Metallica. Instead, people are are listening to Drake, Justin Bieber and The Weeknd which is just awful....

Spot on-exactly this.

Don't forget Rhianna, Beyonce, Kanye West, JZ, Niki Minaj and all that crap.

All of these people are going to end up in HELL sooner or later.
Why do you care so much about what other people listen to?
Original post by Blackstarr
Spot on-exactly this.

Don't forget Rhianna, Beyonce, Kanye West, JZ, Niki Minaj and all that crap.

All of these people are going to end up in HELL sooner or later.

His arrogance aside, Kanye West isn't a bad musician, he just isn't always producing at the same quality.

Rhianna generally is not that good yet has had one decent album (rated R)

Jay Z, I rarely ever listen to yet he is a good rapper, not really my style of rapper yet it can't be denied he has rapping ability.

Niki and Beyonce I'd say are the weakest of the ones you've mentioned.

I'd put Drake below anyone on that list.
This generation of music sucks. People should be listening to good rock and metal like Staind, Korn, Rage Aginst the Machince, Deftones, Stone Temple Pilots and Metallica. Instead, people are are listening to Drake, Justin Bieber and The Weeknd which is just awful....

You have such a good taste, no sarcasm.
Bulls On Parade is my jam.
Not too sure about Korn, I only really like "Daddy" but haven't listened to anything else. Their collab with Skrillex scared me away.
YOU FORGOT SLIPKNOT DUDE!
Original post by XOR_
His arrogance aside, Kanye West isn't a bad musician, he just isn't always producing at the same quality.

Rhianna generally is not that good yet has had one decent album (rated R)

Jay Z, I rarely ever listen to yet he is a good rapper, not really my style of rapper yet it can't be denied he has rapping ability.

Niki and Beyonce I'd say are the weakest of the ones you've mentioned.

I'd put Drake below anyone on that list.

Regardless of anyone's status, all of these artists are a bad influence on the younger generation and i don't understand why certain people would worship any of them.

Factually speaking, the music you think is awful is more popular in society than your preferred rock and metal; so it's your music that 'sucks'.

Non-factually speaking, music is entirely subjective to the listener so trying to change someone's opinion is useless; in my opinion.
Reply 47
Regardless of anyone's status, all of these artists are a bad influence on the younger generation and i don't understand why certain people would worship any of them.

And you're artists have a good influence?
Original post by _mxrky
And you're artists have a good influence?

I don't listen to any grime.
L for listening to The Weeknd
Original post by animeamanda1412

yup
Original post by bluebookie

yup

lmaoo xDD
bc drake is amazing.
i love staind...hate drake
Honestly, Drake fans are massive massive ass kissers. They always kiss mainstream music's asses. They like Drake just because the popular sassy annoying kids at school like Drake. Drake is typical. Go find a singer who is unique and not overhyped like Drake.

To all the Drake fans who think they're cool just because they kiss popular mainstream sassy kid's arses and like Drake: Your not cool at all. You never will be if you keep listening to him. Go listen to someone unique like Craig David. I bet u dont even know who he is because your too dumb.
Loool I don't think "bad" music exists. It depends on the individual really. Some people just have different preferences and it just happens to be that the majority in our society ("everyone") don't listen to the type of music you like. But imo, all music is awesomeeeeeeeee
Reply 56
I don't listen to any grime.

neither do I? What's your point? Screaming is better than aggressive rhyming?
Personally, I listen to a lot of genres, and have become a lot more open-minded generally with my music. (2 years ago, I pretty much only listened to alternative music, maybe some synth, but that was about it).
People enjoy listening to music. That music may not be the same as yours.
This will not trigger an epidemic, or start a war, or bring upon the wrath of every natural force known to mankind.
This is identical to demanding that people should share your favourite colour, because if they don't, they're absolute morons. Get over yourself.
Music is an entirely subjective topic and for someone to call a certain type of music bad is absolute *******s.

Bye.

Quick Reply

Latest