The Student Room Group

Muslim girls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
How are you supposed to get to know someone then?

after marriage..
Original post by Hydeman
So, what, you basically talk to your spouse for the first time on your wedding night? :colonhash:

Lol, what do you mean? Intimately? And how would you talk to your 'spouse' before the wedding night, Muslim or non-Muslim? :biggrin:

Original post by Hydeman

I doubt anyone would respond, given my reputation as an 'Islamophobe.' Perhaps it's time for me to consult IslamQA. :tongue:

They probably would. We actually do have decent people, as long as your not blatently mocking them.
Original post by Josb
Once you're married.

Isn't it too late by then?
Original post by Hydeman
Not sure flirting is allowed actually; if I recall correctly, that would be forbidden on grounds of having the potential to lead to zina (unlawful intercourse). Am I right in thinking this, @champ_mc99?

So how else do you get to know each other romantically apart from on the night of the wedding?!
Reply 244
Isn't it too late by then?

Yes, but at least they don't commit any sin. Talking to a prospective spouse is a big sin, you know. Not as much as eating bacon, but still.
Because a lot of modern dating implies the act of pre-marital intercourse. There would be in theory nothing wrong with muslims dating kafir if the pair bond/courtship remained pure and chaste, but such is the extent of the americanised/MTV dating culture these days, that prospect remains highly unlikely. We also aren't really that keen on associating with those that indulge in all the usual filth, alcohol, gambling etc but if someone made the effort to convert they would certainly be welcomed with open arms by the partners family.
Original post by champ_mc99
Lol, what do you mean? Intimately?

No, just talking as a couple wanting to decide on whether to get married does. Bonding, chemistry, etc. I can't explain it better than that. :s-smilie:

And how would you talk to your 'spouse' before the wedding night, Muslim or non-Muslim? :biggrin:

You know what I mean. :colonhash:

They probably would. We actually do have decent people, as long as your not blatently mocking them.

They seem to be universally regarded as munafiqun...

I'll think about it. :dontknow:

So how else do you get to know each other romantically apart from on the night of the wedding?!

Well, er, apparently you're not meant to know them romantically before the wedding, since that might be a temptation to zina. :beard: I'm clarifying the details with champ_mc99 here, who's a Muslim, so you can follow the conversation if you want.
Original post by Josb
Yes, but at least they don't commit any sin. Talking to a prospective spouse is a big sin, you know. Not as much as eating bacon, but still.

i didn't realise it was a sin.
Reply 248

Life is a sin.

I'm wondering why God created bacon and sex if humans can't have these.
Original post by Josb
Life is a sin.

I'm wondering why God created bacon and sex if humans can't have it.

tbf,even we as middle eastern Christians dont like pork,so i can understand that part and also i doubt sex is haram in Islam,isn't that the whole purpose of them being advised to marry early?
Original post by Hydeman
No, just talking as a couple wanting to decide on whether to get married does. Bonding, chemistry, etc. I can't explain it better than that. :s-smilie:

Yeah I see what you mean. I mean you sort of can bond as long as there's no physical contact. I mean, the 3rd person doesn't have to listen in in all the personal details. I think it's just to keep watch in the case there is contact.

Original post by Hydeman

You know what I mean. :colonhash:
They seem to be universally regarded as munafiqun...
I'll think about it. :dontknow:

Not really. A lot of them are open to talk with non-Muslims since it is encouraged for us to answer your questions. If you ask with sincerity and not with the intention to mock then I don't see why they would respond in hostility . As I said, my knowledge is weak here. So the better alternative would be over there. You can probably spot the kinder ones too and pm them instead. You might even know them more than me. Your choice. :h:
Original post by Longshot800
Because of their religion.

Either that or they'll get honour killed.

Lmao

Is the honour killing a religious thing or cultural?

Lol I just explained it.
Original post by champ_mc99
Lol I just explained it.

thanks hun
Reply 254
tbf,even we as middle eastern Christians dont like pork,so i can understand that part and also i doubt sex is haram in Islam,isn't that the whole purpose of them being advised to marry early?

It's not whether you like pork or not, it's that it's forbidden. They're not allowed to eat it even if they like it.

The problem is not only that they are not allowed to have sex before marriage, it's that they are not allowed to even date.
Original post by Josb
It's not whether you like pork or not, it's that it's forbidden. They're not allowed to eat it even if they like it.

The problem is not only that they are not allowed to have sex before marriage, it's that they are not allowed to even date.

so what's this halal dating you hear of every now and then on TSR?

most of the 'halal' dating sites are just shams
Original post by Anonymous
most of the 'halal' dating sites are just shams

is it permissible tho?
Reply 258

I don't think that drinking tea under the supervision of relatives can be considered "dating".
Original post by Josb
I don't think that drinking tea under the supervision of relatives can be considered "dating".

not by western standards,for sure but to each their own

Quick Reply

Latest