The Student Room Group

National 5 Modern Studies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lewis H01
I had the same answers to you for KU questions :biggrin:

Literally the same answers? Or similaR? Nice one anyway :biggrin:
Original post by A+Hunter

How many paragraphs did you need for the selective in the use of facts question ?

Or lets just say all of the source questions ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ethan100
How many paragraphs did you need for the selective in the use of facts question ?

Or lets just say all of the source questions ?

My teacher has taught me to do 4 for Selctive, 4 for opinion or 3 and 3 for conclusion
My teacher has taught me to do 4 for Selctive, 4 for opinion or 3 and 3 for conclusion

I did 3 for selective in the use of facts.
4 including the what someone against me might say paragraph
3 For the conclusion one.

Is 3 for the selective in the use of facts question correct ?
I did 3 for selective in the use of facts.
4 including the what someone against me might say paragraph
3 For the conclusion one.

Is 3 for the selective in the use of facts question correct ?

I think so yeah. You're method seems fine so long as they were detailed enough :P
Reply 205
I thought it went fine but I really struggled with timing and i filled up all of the booklet and then needed two of the extra paper sheets 😂 I finished just as they stopped us
How did the exam go guys ? I sat modern studies last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Similar :biggrin:

Original post by RossB1702
How did the exam go guys ? I sat modern studies last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found it ok :biggrin: hopefully I get that A
Original post by Lewis H01
Similar :biggrin:

I found it ok :biggrin: hopefully I get that A

Yeah I got an A last year, which I was very surprised because I studied the night before the exam and the A mark was at 79% last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I got an A last year, which I was very surprised because I studied the night before the exam and the A mark was at 79% last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you finished the exam were there some questions you were unsure about or did you feel you did great ?

I'm just wondering because I want an A but there is one question in particular that I think I may have messed up.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 210
Original post by Ailie
I thought it went fine but I really struggled with timing and i filled up all of the booklet and then needed two of the extra paper sheets 😂 I finished just as they stopped us

Same lmao in all the writing exams I keep asking for more paper and finsish at the very end. God help me for higher
When you finished the exam were there some questions you were unsure about or did you feel you did great ?

I'm just wondering because I want an A but there is one question in particular that I think I may have messed up.

The 8 marker where you had to pick a source and give arguments why you supported it, I remember one of my points being quite repetitive of a previous one so I thought I had got maybe 4 or 5 marks out of 8 for it but other than that the exam went very well. I think the reason I did well in it was because I just read over my notes in my jotter and everything i had remembered that night actually came up in the exam, no joke. I would say I was quite lucky as the KU questions I had read over all came up and I was just naturally good at the selective in the use of facts and options and conclusion questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Puppo
Same lmao in all the writing exams I keep asking for more paper and finsish at the very end. God help me for higher

Yeah I remember last year in my Modies exam i had to ask for more paper, I was writing so quickly and just finished 5 minutes before the exam finished.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was quite straight forward I thought. The options question was a little meh, But overall not bad.

Democracy in the UK:
1) For this I wrote, canvassing door to door and handing out leaflets.
2) For the disadvanatges of FPTP, I only wrote 2 points, But I'm confident they are enough for me to gain full marks. Talked about wasted votes and unrepresented.
3)The selective use of facts wasn't too bad.

Crime in the law:
1) Chose the police, talked about crime prevention, patrolling and attending high profile events like celtic vs rangers or the manchester derby.
2) Talked about how crimes like rape can have an impact psychologically and how assault can have a physical impact.
3) Up to this point, I had all the time in the world, However The option question for me killed a lot of time, and I found it quite hard to process the information.

USA:
1) The right to vote, the right to join a political party
2) Political influence of america and economic influence.
3) First conclusion - Japan is a safe place.
Second conclusion - Due to the increase in the elderly population, less young people have houses.
Third conclusion - South Korea is the country that is similar.

it was advantages of AMS, not disadvantages :smile:
Original post by future=medicine
it was advantages of AMS, not disadvantages :smile:

I done democracy in the UK not scotland

We had a question about FPTP and it's disadvantages. Not the AMS system
Reply 215
Yeah I remember last year in my Modies exam i had to ask for more paper, I was writing so quickly and just finished 5 minutes before the exam finished.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had all of 3 lines left to spare :colondollar:

It's ridiculous that most other exams you're sitting staring into space for an hour but you get less time for this than Biology for example
Wondering if anyone can answer this, I finished the exam rather early so I went through it and added extra paragraphs so when it asked for 2 I gave 3 thinking that I'm reassuring myself marks but I've just been told I will have marks taken off me for this, is this true?
Reply 217
Original post by Chloe.Mc
Wondering if anyone can answer this, I finished the exam rather early so I went through it and added extra paragraphs so when it asked for 2 I gave 3 thinking that I'm reassuring myself marks but I've just been told I will have marks taken off me for this, is this true?

No, whoever said you lose marks is wrong. Click on the link and go to the last page for all the info but what happens is they just mark your best 2

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/Oct2015subjectupdateModernStudies.pdf
Original post by Puppo
No, whoever said you lose marks is wrong. Click on the link and go to the last page for all the info but what happens is they just mark your best 2

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/Oct2015subjectupdateModernStudies.pdf

That's s*** lol, I done 2 paragraphs instead of 3 to secure the marks. :/
lol
"Well this person has done more work than they should have, I'm going to remove some mark"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending