The Student Room Group

Do you support gay marriage?

Scroll to see replies

I'll PM you :P
Reply 61
yes, I do as it is something that does not effect me.
as long as you're nice to me ill be nice back
no, matter your sex gender race religion or who you love,
at the end of the day, we are all humans
and we should still respect one another
:smile:
:love:
Original post by ATW1
I'm not religious but I think it's wrong. Why change a system that has operated successfully for hundreds of years just because of a small minority?

'A system' doesn't make sense to me. Throughout different cultures and religions the definition and meaning of marriage is different and has definitely changed as we've developed as a society. For instance it's acceptable in some religions and cultures for a man to have multiple wives (sometimes considered traditional) but in others it is heavily frowned upon. In some religions holy text can be viewed to have no objection to gay marriage. Now that being gay is more acceptable in our society why shouldn't we have adapted to allow those of the same sex to get married?
Yes.
But I don't see why my opinion matters that much. My opinion on supporting heterosexual marriage wouldn't be considered, because marriage like that doesn't need thought and shouldn't have opposition.The same should go for homosexual marriage, because it is just two people committing because they love each other. That's it.
I agree with it, and to be honest even if you personally don't think that marriage is for anyone other than man and women, why should you instil your beliefs on other people? You may not agree with it but that doesn't give you the right to stop people marrying if they are in love
I don't mind it, it doesn't affect anyone one way or the other.
Its just love :love:
Reply 66
Original post by ABeingOnEarth
Woah, atheists I didn't say your brainwashed for having your own opinions. I have my beliefs, you have yours. People can be gay if they want. In Islam as all of you know, your prohibited from being homosexual but does that mean I treat gay people differently from other people, no. What people choose do in their private lifes has nothing to do with me.

*sigh* People don't choose to be gay, you either are or aren't
Original post by cashcash871
Not really no. I think marriage should be between a man and a woman.

edgy
Reply 68
Original post by ATW1
I'm not religious but I think it's wrong. Why change a system that has operated successfully for hundreds of years just because of a small minority?

So I guess that the US shouldn't have 'changed the system' to allow for interracial marriage, because those who intermarry or want to intermarry are a minority, yes?
I don't really see your reason as to why changing the system slightly makes marriage between gay people wrong.
All that has been done is that the right to marry has been extended. I don't see how this could affect how 'successful' the system is. The world of all things straight and heterosexual has not come crumbling and crashing down yet, has it. Straight people marry as normal. Gay people marry now too. That's all there is too it, really.
Original post by Anonymous
You're only saying that because you agree with him.

NSS
against cause then population die :frown:
Original post by IXxi HIIDA ixXI
I think its wrong when a guy sticks his wang up another guys bumhole

That's fine. Nobody's asking you to do that.
Original post by Call Me Juan
against cause then population die :frown:

You're joking, right?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
You're joking, right?

RIP Population *RIP*
RIP Population *RIP*

Okay, you're joking. Good.
That's fine. Nobody's asking you to do that.

we can rule the world
Okay, you're joking. Good.

no im not choking
Original post by IXxi HIIDA ixXI
we can rule the world

who run the world girls

who run the world girls

All the stars are coming out tonight
they're lighting up the sky tonight
for you