The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A-LJLB
As I said, technically it's not. But it is marked the same as an AO3 point.

but where does it say its marked the same? Like have aqa listed a03 criteria? Or is this your teacher marking it as one?
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
but where does it say its marked the same? Like have aqa listed a03 criteria? Or is this your teacher marking it as one?

No just my teacher don't worry! He's an examiner :smile:
Original post by A-LJLB
No just my teacher don't worry! He's an examiner :smile:

Ah ive had a look and depending on the context it can be marked as an IDA but often thats because theres something else behind it providing implications.
Ah ive had a look and depending on the context it can be marked as an IDA but often thats because theres something else behind it providing implications.

Yeah I tend to link it in with an IDA point. So determinism and then if we accept the theory as true it can be used to bring about practical applications, if that makes sense
Original post by annihilati0n
wAGWAN!
Are you guys gonna learn all the essays or nah???
I'm only learning the predictions - top 2 likely essays so 6 for unit 3 and 4 for unit 4.
Do you think there's a chance they'll put an essay in which already came up as a 24 marker ?

Dont do that, thats very risky missing an essay or two from each section is fine, but since last years papers got stolen and they had a reserved predictions could go straight out of the window bearing in mind we are the last year.
Original post by A-LJLB
Yeah I tend to link it in with an IDA point. So determinism and then if we accept the theory as true it can be used to bring about practical applications, if that makes sense

How many essays have you memorized?
How many essays have you memorized?

Probably about 4, I could have done better but my family and I keep having to do stuff. I swear I only adapt a social life during exam time hahaha
Reply 987
whoa, i'm surprised there's debate over real-world applications being IDA. It most certainly is an IDA. It fits into the "issue" aspect of IDA. Issue doesn't mean bad. You can say "A positive issue of this theory is that it has real-world applications."

or at least that's what i do lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Im130
whoa, i'm surprised there's debate over real-world applications being IDA. It most certainly is an IDA. It fits into the "issue" aspect of IDA. Issue doesn't mean bad. You can say "A positive issue of this theory is that it has real-world applications."

or at least that's what i do lol

How many times you gonna edit the post? :wink:

Yeah I agree, me too!
Original post by Im130

Yeh but we cant just assume its open, otherwise every eval point can be classed as a ida point.

For example if you have sample bias you could say that its an issue because small sample isnt representative and could have negative effects that may be dangerous and cause serious concerns and issues amongst public. We were always taught the GRENADE and to stick to that.

Real world app can be marked as a03 point only in the context of the q bearing in mind there has to been another relevant point before the application, you cant say for example duck and lee has prac app to real world about breakups the way aqa worded it in the MS suggests something needs to be said to introduced the application aspect.

Btw reading it again the issue of the application has to be relevant and had an impact on society
"The general implications of findings and theirapplication, eg in relation to child rearing practices and relationship counselling, would be anotherimportant issue"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehuhZzwrv6M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcgElE7380U&feature=youtu.be

Videos for the evolutionary theories into aggression- both infidelity and jealousy and Group displays :smile: please watch
Original post by Stecher
I'm doing the unit 3 exam on the 8th and I am making essay plans for all the topics. But I don't know what to do once I've made them (unless I write an essay). What is everyone else doing with their essay plans? Memorising?

memorizing it definitely, unless you have already learnt studies and points in which case memorizes an essay might confuse you. So if you havent started memorize essayd.
Yeh but we cant just assume its open, otherwise every eval point can be classed as a ida point.

For example if you have sample bias you could say that its an issue because small sample isnt representative and could have negative effects that may be dangerous and cause serious concerns and issues amongst public. We were always taught the GRENADE and to stick to that.

Real world app can be marked as a03 point only in the context of the q bearing in mind there has to been another relevant point before the application, you cant say for example duck and lee has prac app to real world about breakups the way aqa worded it in the MS suggests something needs to be said to introduced the application aspect.

Btw reading it again the issue of the application has to be relevant and had an impact on society
"The general implications of findings and theirapplication, eg in relation to child rearing practices and relationship counselling, would be anotherimportant issue"

In regards to it needing to have had an impact on society, this isn't true, as some applications have not actually been put into place. I think you're reading a little too much into it sweet!
Original post by Naveed Rahman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehuhZzwrv6M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcgElE7380U&feature=youtu.be

Videos for the evolutionary theories into aggression- both infidelity and jealousy and Group displays :smile: please watch

just had a quick scan and although you said it got 23, was it in timed conditions? And do you think it could be written in 30 mins?
Original post by A-LJLB
In regards to it needing to have had an impact on society, this isn't true, as some applications have not actually been put into place. I think you're reading a little too much into it sweet!

but thats what i meant about context, if it hasnt impacted society nor been put in place, how could it be classed as an "issue"
just had a quick scan and although you said it got 23, was it in timed conditions? And do you think it could be written in 30 mins?

Yes, i did the group displays question in times conditions and i got 23/24
Original post by Naveed Rahman
Yes, i did the group displays question in times conditions and i got 23/24

ok np well done
but thats what i meant about context, if it hasnt impacted society nor been put in place, how could it be classed as an "issue"

Because it could be used to have a positive impact on society.

Anyway, it is definitely an IDA, says so in the official textbook.
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone know what to include in an essay for endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers? I didn't realise it could be asked as a 24 marker till now
Are people learning essays that came up last year? Like childhood on adult relationships , Social influences gender etc