The Student Room Group

I study English literature and I don't know what to apply for my post grad....

Hi guys, I sincerely seek help from you.
I have been doing English literature in Edinburgh for my degree, I love literature, but it was too stressful for me. I wish to continue in a filed related to culture for my postgraduate masters course, any suggestions?
Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by madamemerle
x

Hoping madamemerle spots this - not sure if she looks much at this forum - but she may have some good advice for you.
Why don't you look through some prospectuses and see if any courses sound interesting? It's pointless for us to guess what you may or may not be interested in, or might find 'too stressful', when it sounds like you haven't done any research yourself yet.
Reply 3
Original post by wanjianyi
Hi guys, I sincerely seek help from you.
I have been doing English literature in Edinburgh for my degree, I love literature, but it was too stressful for me. I wish to continue in a filed related to culture for my postgraduate masters course, any suggestions?
Thanks!

A Masters in any subject is usually going to be a very intense experience. I had to produce as much assessed course work per term, for both of my taught terms, as I did for my entire undergrad third year. You need to identify what has stressed you about your degree (coursework, presentations, group work, exams, teaching methods, environment etc) and look for courses which minimise those factors.

My immediate thought is that if you don't know what to do, it might be worth postponing postgrad plans for a while. It's an expensive undertaking and is usually a one-time thing unless you can afford a second try. It might be best to take a year or two out of uni, to be absolutely sure of what you do next.
Don't do a masters if you don't know what subject you want to do. Use the funding wisely because you only get one round.

It's possible to self fund part time study and in theory you could do another masters degree if you choose one that doesn't work for you now but ideally, don't make a rushed decision on something like this because it's an important one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending