The Student Room Group

Don't laze around

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trustmeimlying1
5 exams is yucky but better theyre spread out...some courses are exam after exam chock a block.

best of luck

Those 5 exams were all within 4 days, as well as an essay due in at the same time as my first exam. Plus we have speaking exams every week and writing exams every other week all throughout semester-I seriously can't slack on my course!
Original post by super_kawaii
Those 5 exams were all within 4 days, as well as an essay due in at the same time as my first exam. Plus we have speaking exams every week and writing exams every other week all throughout semester-I seriously can't slack on my course!
lel agreed
Original post by Inexorably
Seriously though, I know it's half-term now but pleaseeeeee don't laze around and stop revising.

I properly got into the swings of revising for A Levels a few weeks ago and made sure I did some kind of revision every day for it... then about 2/3 days ago I told myself I could relax cause I don't have any other exams until the 21st June.

Don't make my mistake

It's only been 2/3 days but do you know how hard it is now to force myself to try and revise again, I've gotten too comfortable binge watching TV and playing games (seriously don't play civilisation V don't play it you will waste your life away) and now it just seems like a tremendous amount of effort to even think about revising.

So yes this goes for everyone, it is so much harder to start redoing revision even after only a small break of a few days. Just make sure you keep doing something about it every day or you will become a lazy SLOB.

Thank you SO much! This has really motivated me- this might have just saved my grades!:biggrin:
Best of luck with A levels- I'm doing GCSE'!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 23
Sorry for bumping :colondollar: but I'm iterating this again - just do something, even if it's only 15 minutes.

I've managed to force myself back into the routine now and all you need to do is even the tiniest piece of revision.

Remember: Even the tiniest step towards a goal is better than standing still.
Reply 24
Sorry for bumping :colondollar: but I'm iterating this again - just do something, even if it's only 15 minutes.

I've managed to force myself back into the routine now and all you need to do is even the tiniest piece of revision.

Remember: Even the tiniest step towards a goal is better than standing still.

I'm still taking a break from Friday :frown:

A-level student too. Doomed.
Reply 25
Original post by Cherx
I'm still taking a break from Friday :frown:

A-level student too. Doomed.

Do somethinggggg.

And ultimately, it is never actually doing something that's difficult - it's just you thinking about it.

Thinking about revising plus actually revising are two very different things... it's never as bad as you'll think it'll be (and it's only bad because you are thinking of it in that way :tongue:).
Why did I stay up till 3 last night to watch GOT and why did I continue to go on forums until 4:15 and why does it have to be summer so it's getting light outside and why did the birds have to be singing outside and why did that keep me up til quarter to 5 and why did I wake up at half 11?
I'm going to bed at 10 or 11 today so I wont be so exhausted tomorrow. Probably do a maths paper and read thru a bit of geography stuff.
Reply 28
Do somethinggggg.

And ultimately, it is never actually doing something that's difficult - it's just you thinking about it.

Thinking about revising plus actually revising are two very different things... it's never as bad as you'll think it'll be (and it's only bad because you are thinking of it in that way :tongue:).

Thanks for that motivation! Gonna take my textbook out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest