The Student Room Group

WJEC Level 2 Latin Language 26/05/16

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Khanna13
Ahah, you too, man :smile:

:smile:
Hey guys, I found the test easier than expected, what did you guys get right at the end? Did Pallus die or did he kill the leader of the enemy?
Reply 22
Original post by hello5100
Hey guys, I found the test easier than expected, what did you guys get right at the end? Did Pallus die or did he kill the leader of the enemy?

I put that the leader of the enemy easily overpowered Pallus and killed him?
Original post by 4475039
I put that the leader of the enemy easily overpowered Pallus and killed him?

Yeah same. Some people were just a bit undecided. Sad really since Evander was crying as he left, poor old man :smile:
Reply 24
Yeah same. Some people were just a bit undecided. Sad really since Evander was crying as he left, poor old man :smile:

Phew, I was panicking there for a moment! Hope we're right! Yes I know, these translations always seem to have a really sad ending! What did you put for what the messenger told the Trojans?
Original post by 4475039
Phew, I was panicking there for a moment! Hope we're right! Yes I know, these translations always seem to have a really sad ending! What did you put for what the messenger told the Trojans?

For the messenger I said something like the Trojan camps were in danger, there was a verb there I didnt understand- relictorum.

Also, what did you say for the last sentence of the translation- I knew the part where it was For he understood that he was sending his son in great danger but the next part was a bit confusing for me, something about him being an old man.
Reply 26
For the messenger I said something like the Trojan camps were in danger, there was a verb there I didnt understand- relictorum.

Also, what did you say for the last sentence of the translation- I knew the part where it was For he understood that he was sending his son in great danger but the next part was a bit confusing for me, something about him being an old man.

Same here! I put after that something about "and that the old man himself now was (in danger)". I had no idea whatsoever:colondollar:
Reply 27

Yeah I put that - I think they should have glossed relictorum!
i really f***** that up!!!!! what are the grade boundaries for latin roughly
Reply 29
Original post by Revathyvk
i really f***** that up!!!!! what are the grade boundaries for latin roughly

No idea sorry :/
Original post by wildjones
Yes! I swear that word came up like three times and I had no idea what it meant haha. Good luck with the results!

Relicio or whatever appeared in the exam comes from the stem relinquo, which is to leave behind. I too sat the exam and got a little muddled on that sentence
Reply 31
Original post by Anon4012
Relicio or whatever appeared in the exam comes from the stem relinquo, which is to leave behind. I too sat the exam and got a little muddled on that sentence

Ahh!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending