The Student Room Group

Primark i can never get a inviterview

Hi all i have been applying for multiple primark vacancies for a few months now however i can never get a interview from them why do you guys think this is ? i feel when i first applied for the first vacancy i had to do a questionnaire but i didn't realize i was being timed and took around 30 mintues where i read it ususally takes around 15mins. Do you think i have been added to a block list or something due to taking 15mins extra on the questionnaire?
(edited 7 years ago)
Some places just never look at lots of application forms, or will just employ people that their current staff recommend. Don't be put off, just apply to as many places as possible and even if they say they're not looking for people, give them a copy of your CV. Have you had other jobs before or is this the first time you've tried to get one?
Yeah they would've automatically rejected you because you took 15 minutes longer. To them that kinda shows that if you take longer than the given time for tasks you're not what they're looking for. I know for me I usually have like 10 minutes to get all the towels folded because theres so much to do, I can usually get an extra five minutes but not an extra 15.. (I work at Primark)
Original post by Jackieox
Yeah they would've automatically rejected you because you took 15 minutes longer. To them that kinda shows that if you take longer than the given time for tasks you're not what they're looking for. I know for me I usually have like 10 minutes to get all the towels folded because theres so much to do, I can usually get an extra five minutes but not an extra 15.. (I work at Primark)

Ohh really?? I didn't know that. :'(
My local primark has about 7 posts and I was wondering why I kept on being rejected. Took me about 20 minutes to do the questionnaire

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by velvetsky
Ohh really?? I didn't know that. :'(
My local primark has about 7 posts and I was wondering why I kept on being rejected. Took me about 20 minutes to do the questionnaire

Posted from TSR Mobile

I Know at my store thats the case, they get hundreds of applications you need to show you're quick and efficient, try and do it a bit faster maybe? =)
I Know at my store thats the case, they get hundreds of applications you need to show you're quick and efficient, try and do it a bit faster maybe? =)

Thankyou, I'll try:biggrin:
I didn't know you were timed

Hi there thank you for this info the reason i took longer was that i never knew i was getting timed and went to do other stuff then i came back to do it.Do you know if i have to wait a few months before it resets and i would have to do questionnaire again as at the moment i can't retake it and just says i have already done it when i try to apply for other vaccines
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Justhereforinfo
Hi there thank you for this info the reason i took longer was that i never knew i was getting timed and went to do other stuff then i came back to do it.Do you know if i have to wait a few months before it resets and i would have to do questionnaire again as at the moment i can't retake it and just says i have already done it when i try to apply for other vaccines

I'm not too sure i only did it once =P
Reply 8
Does it tell you after the questionnaire if you passed or not? I know when I got a job at Primark they didn't tell you if you passed or not so maybe you just didn't pass the test? I don't think they'd look at the time it took but they'd probably just get the computer to shortlist everyone who scored a certain amount of points on the test so that everyone who scored below that mark didn't even get looked at.
Original post by Justhereforinfo

Why don't you just make another account with a different email address and do the questionnaire again? If they automatically block you or something then the recruiting manager will never have seen your application so they won't know you've done it
Original post by melinae
Does it tell you after the questionnaire if you passed or not? I know when I got a job at Primark they didn't tell you if you passed or not so maybe you just didn't pass the test? I don't think they'd look at the time it took but they'd probably just get the computer to shortlist everyone who scored a certain amount of points on the test so that everyone who scored below that mark didn't even get looked at.

Nope it doesn't tell you. I think they shortlist based on both score & time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by infairverona
Why don't you just make another account with a different email address and do the questionnaire again? If they automatically block you or something then the recruiting manager will never have seen your application so they won't know you've done it

i have tried twice in using different emails but still i am not able to do the questionaire again i don't know how they are keep track but does anyone know how long i have to wait so i can do the questionaire again is it like sainsbury which is 6months ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending