The Student Room Group

Ultimate TSR starter guide!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eden3
3aadi i forgive u this time init

3aadi << LOOOOOOOOOOL khalas ana mayyit.
Reply 21
Original post by That Arab Guy
3aadi << LOOOOOOOOOOL khalas ana mayyit.

What's so funny? :tongue:
ye

Dont call peeps gods in the OP. dont wna risk shirk, even if joke :naughty:

whats your youtube channel goals?
Original post by eden3
What's so funny? :tongue:

Idk mate to say 3aadi after you threaten to violate me. It was funny still.
Where are you from ?
Original post by BIeaseNoBebsi
Dont call peeps gods in the OP. dont wna risk shirk, even if joke :naughty:

whats your youtube channel goals?

I used the term God as an adjective to describe someone who is really good at something. Much like using the word Guru. My intentions are pure :3

To have 100k subs by 2k17 summer
typing speed.png

Just for you khoti.

LOOOL about khoti, you 3il. :mob:

Spoiler

My pet cat's faster btw.

Reply 26
Idk mate to say 3aadi after you threaten to violate me. It was funny still.
Where are you from ?

Lol, glad I can make you laugh :laugh:

I'm from London bes ana a9li kurdi... laakin adrii 3rabi shwey :smile:
I used the term God as an adjective to describe someone who is really good at something. Much like using the word Guru. My intentions are pure :3

To have 100k subs by 2k17 summer

better to use guru than god then :dontknow: no risks innit. people can unknowingly do harm with good intentions etc :tongue:

cool
Original post by undercxver
LOOOL about khoti, you 3il. :mob:

Spoiler

My pet cat's faster btw.

What you on about khoti means sister. :facepalm:
Reply 29
Original post by Milzime
don't you mean, great guy?

Why do you have to mention the name of the devil? :unimpressed:
What you on about khoti means sister. :facepalm:

I thought you called me a donkey in Urdu/Punjabi. LMFAO. :toofunny:

Keep it simple. Ukhti. :colondollar:
Original post by undercxver
I thought you called me a donkey in Urdu/Punjabi. LMFAO. :toofunny:

Keep it simple. Ukhti. :colondollar:

lmfao sorry about dat.

there are many ways to say sister and brother in arabic thats the prob xD
You sir, are a genius :lol:
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
You sir, are a genius :lol:

Thank you good man.
(edited 7 years ago)

Spoiler

Original post by Anon_98

Spoiler

Added mate. Easy.
Hey guys welcome to the ultimate TSR starter guide, for all your daily use on the greatness that is TSR.

1.) Pick a suitable username. Never ever use your name unless you want to be the top most searched thing on Facebook when you sign up. If you have already used your real name, apply lube sparingly.

2.) Make sure you find an avatar that keeps all those thirsty guys and girls guessing. You can't ever think of uploading a real picture of yourself unless you want your PMs to constantly be full. Alternatively you could disable PMs altogether, but who does that?

3.) Pick a gender. Now, think about this wisely. You are more likely to be PMed by guys if you select the female gender tag. So if you are not ready to disable your inbox, it's better to leave your gender undeclared or select male. (girls tend not to be as thirsty)

Now you are ready to explore the wonderful world that is TSR.

4.) Sarcasm Gurus. Should you dare post a thread asking a question, consider all ways in which your question can be interpreted to be made fun out of. There will always be that one guy who is browsing TSR waiting for new threads to be posted so he/she can comment roasting you instead of constructively answering the question. Good guy.

5.) Rep Gems. Gems are truly truly outrageous. (anyone who gets the reference is based). There will be people celebrating their nth gem like it's their graduation. Just don't mind them, it has become the norm.

6.) Know your memes. There's plenty of memers around. They've got shed loads of memes saved in a folder in their desktop called "meme bank 101" ready to unload on to threads at the first chance they get. Apparently kids these days are seeing their first dorito through a computer screen rather than in a crisp packet.

7.) The Chat forum. We all know that it's the only sub forum that people actually use. Everything else is pretty dead. You have a better chance of getting an answer to an academic related question in the chat forum than in the actual appropriate sub forum. Just have your fingers crossed that the mods don't move it before you get an answer though.

8.) AMA's. Every few hours you'll see someone post a new AMA thread. They will usually add some arbitrary information to the title to get more people engaged like "Half Australian, half American, half dog, half plant guy living in a cave AMA! (GONE SEXUAL)". The saddest part is it's usually the same people posting AMA's every week saying "Aint done one of these in ages!!". Madness.

9.) Anti-religion police. When these guys are online they will literally bring up religion in every single post a person who follows a religion makes and sit there at their PC frantically waiting to kick start a debate. I posted a thread once which has nothing to do with religion, and some guy replies violating my faith.

10.) Relationship sub forum. The place where everyone is anonymous. Go here if you want to read about girls saying how every guy is the same and guys saying how they can't pull any chicks at the club. Oh, and ocassionaly a 12 year old girl/guy will post asking "she looked at me twice in class, does she like me?". Ye 100% m8 go for it. Kappa123.

11) The back-trackers - These are the people that have realised they're spending way too much time on a student forum and spontaneously decide that they're going to turn over a new leaf and take part in a desperate attempt to remove themselves off the forum. Within 30 seconds, their VMs are blocked, Avatars removed and have signs lyk "PMs closed FOREVER". - Only to realise they are unable to last and so proceed to return everything back to normal the following day.

12) The mosquitoes. - These are those users that leech off your great posts bc they are too inadequate to make their own. Just when you've spent over 15 mins perfecting your sentence, the mosquito will quote what you've written with a word like, "savage" or "THIS" and proceed to receive all the reps which should've been yours. I mean, obviously no one really cares about reps but pfftt..it'd be nice if you were the recipient, you know?

13) Popcorn guy. - This user will take any opportunity to fuel TSR Drama. Whether two users are simply discussing a trivial matter such as if it's better to sleep with/out socks, or perhaps more serious problems like which TSR-ian should be banned- the popcorn guy will usually post a gif that constitutes of a mid-twenty year old man eating popcorn in an animalistic manner before the drama has even begun. For whatever reason, the popcorn guy also likes to state how great the entertainment is as if nobody else is watching the thread, they'll post several times reiterating what's going on bc they feel their commentating is apparently necessary.

14) The alter ego. - These are those strange individuals that decide they're going to take up a new persona whilst on TSR. Upon creation of their account, this user believes that being themselves is clearly way too complex so they resort to something else. The funniest thing about this user is that they don't even take up a human character, rather an object or fictional species. Whether it's behaving like a lemon on every thread, or responding to each OP as though they are molvi ji himself, this user will keep it up until their virtual death has arrived.

EDIT: Thanks @Anon_98 for 11 12 13 14

THIS
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
THIS

THIS
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
THIS

Had to happen lmao.
Had to happen lmao.

Hehe 😂

Quick Reply