The Student Room Group

Changing outfits every day at sixth form/college?

Hiya
So I'm really used to wearing the same outfit for a week-uniform.
Next year I'll be starting a levels and there will be no dress code.
So I'm wondering, would it look weird if I changed my outfit like every two days?
I love dressing up and what I tend to do is wear a pair of trousers or skirt, and if I wear trousers I like wearing long tops like shirt dresses or tunics and a cardigan. I like to match stuff so like blue jeans with blue cardigan and red top with red shoes (just an example!). Obviously if I'm sweating I'll change my t-shirt/light top/vest I'd be wearing under my main top so nobody would notice. I'm like those people like if I love an outfit so much I'd wear it again one more day lol cos changing a whole outfit takes effort.
So what is the norm?
Reply 1
Oh yeah I obvii change the underwear socks etc frequently (everyday).
Reply 2
The norm I generally see is, wearing pants/jeans etc multiple days is fine, but wearing shirts/jumpers/Tshirts multiple days isn't really seen
Reply 3
Lol everyone makes an effort to look great for like the first week and then can't be bothered after that. I do wear different tops every day though
Original post by Anonymous
Hiya
So I'm really used to wearing the same outfit for a week-uniform.
Next year I'll be starting a levels and there will be no dress code.
So I'm wondering, would it look weird if I changed my outfit like every two days?
I love dressing up and what I tend to do is wear a pair of trousers or skirt, and if I wear trousers I like wearing long tops like shirt dresses or tunics and a cardigan. I like to match stuff so like blue jeans with blue cardigan and red top with red shoes (just an example!). Obviously if I'm sweating I'll change my t-shirt/light top/vest I'd be wearing under my main top so nobody would notice. I'm like those people like if I love an outfit so much I'd wear it again one more day lol cos changing a whole outfit takes effort.
So what is the norm?

Honestly, this is what I wore whole of sixth form year:
Black shirt long sleeves
Red blouse
Dark blue jeans
Black jeans,
dont think anyone cared enough to mention, haha,outfit isnt important enough in 6form
Honestly, no one really cares after a few weeks into sixth form. Everyone makes such an effort in especially the first few days but people don't notice that much. Re wear your clothes. If I wear the same outfit, it's usually once a week.
Reply 6
I go a grammar school meaning I still have to wear school uniform in Y12 and 13.
No one cares about what people wear to college/sixth form.
Do what you want, no one pays attention to small details like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending