The Student Room Group

As grades and medicine

Hi guys.
Does anyone know how important AS grades are this year and if there is still UMS with the new system as lots of people are not taking them? Also could I get into a decent medical school with AABB for AS level if my GCSE's are 10A*?
Reply 1
Original post by Shk
Hi guys.
Does anyone know how important AS grades are this year and if there is still UMS with the new system as lots of people are not taking them? Also could I get into a decent medical school with AABB for AS level if my GCSE's are 10A*?

All UK med schools are "decent." If you can get predicted AAA or better, then you're in with a good chance. Unis have info on their websites about their take on the new A-level system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Shk
OP
Original post by Helenia
All UK med schools are "decent." If you can get predicted AAA or better, then you're in with a good chance. Unis have info on their websites about their take on the new A-level system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thank you
Original post by Shk
Hi guys.

Hello,

We spoke to every UK Medical School and asked them what their stance was on AS levels. You can see the results here!

If you're unsure about your AS levels, why not phone up the universities admissions offices that you are planning on applying to? They will be able to answer your specific query more clearly.

We hope this helps,

The Medic Portal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending