The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Geography 2016 Contested Planet/Geographical Research

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
How is everyone doing for timing? I am okay with section A but am always short for time for section B.

Its the same thing for unit 4, I am very worried about timing. Every practice paper i've done i've run out of time :eek:. What is your timing strategy?
Has anyone got any loose predictions for unit 3 questions?
I'm thinking MDGs for Development
Im planning to do biodiversity and tech fix?
Any suggestions or predictions for this year?
Im not that confident for section b tho, its worrying😕
Could I send you my email address too? I'm really stressing over it
Original post by willmotg
I was doing great - I'd decided my topics and gone over everything in the textbooks, found my own examples...felt really ready. Then I went and got tonsillitis last week after C2 Maths! So now just praying it goes away soon because I can't focus on anything atm :frown: teachers told me I burned out and so I've been ordered to do nothing, with little more than a week to go it's killing me haha.

How about yours? Hope everyone's is going well :smile:

Oh man that sucks! I'm sure it'll turn out fine for you. I have about 1/3 left to learn for water conflicts and one part for energy (hate key players!) and still need to do some more work for pre release as ive ignored it a bit recently...whooooops! Getting the hang of the essays but like everyone else, timing is an issue!
Original post by 90780
How is everyone doing for timing? I am okay with section A but am always short for time for section B. Its the same thing for unit 4, I am very worried about timing. Every practice paper i've done i've run out of time :eek:. What is your timing strategy?
These are the timing suggested by my teacher and I just stick to them, no matter what, if I don't finish I just move on to next question
Section A:
10 marker - 16 minutes
15 marker - 24 minutes
Section B:12 marker - 21 minutes
16 marker -28 minutes
Unit 4:
Plan - 7 minutes
Introduction - 18 minutes
Methods Table - 5 minutes
Analysis and sub-conclusion - 45 minutes
Conclusion - 10 minutes
Hope that helps
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 99joey
These are the timing suggested by my teacher and I just stick to them, no matter what, if I don't finish I just move on to next question
Section A:
10 marker - 16 minutes
15 marker - 24 minutes
Section B:12 marker - 21 minutes
16 marker -28 minutes
Unit 4:
Plan - 7 minutes
Introduction - 18 minutes
Methods Table - 5 minutes
Analysis and sub-conclusion - 45 minutes
Conclusion - 10 minutes
Hope that helps

Why so long on the intro?
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
Why so long on the intro?
What do you mean, the introduction is a large part, you have to do all necessary definitions, provide the focus of the report and give the framework and justification of the case studies you will be using, its a big section, I'm do about 2 pages roughly for the introduction which is like a 15 marker in effect and so far I'm only getting 8/10 so even then I'm not doing enoug
(edited 7 years ago)
Someone please help with a case study for coasts ( Cancun- coastal management ) - the sea wall diverted waves the downwards - what does this mean and how does this sea wall make it unsuccessful
Are batholiths associated with plate boundaries as I can't seem to find a definitive answer
Reply 290
Original post by Tom5pence
(Other than pre release) is anyone just revising very in depth for 2 unit 3 topics? I am doing water and energy

Doing exactly the same as you, gonna try and learn these two in detail as there seems to be a fair amount of similarities between them so hopefully can get both up to a good standard :biggrin: hows your revision going for these two??
Reply 291
Original post by beachelsea
Unfortunately it won't let me upload because the file is too big! Email me at [email protected] and I will send you a copy.

Hi, any chance that you could email this to me too? Thanks!
Original post by J0sh1
Doing exactly the same as you, gonna try and learn these two in detail as there seems to be a fair amount of similarities between them so hopefully can get both up to a good standard :biggrin: hows your revision going for these two??

Gone over them numerous times.. Just need too start doing more past papers and revising for unit 4!
Is there anything in particular I should go over for the superpowers section, I was ill and missed most of the superpower lessons so I'm not sure if it is worth trying to learn everything especially as the synoptic has been given.
Reply 294
Any water conflicts or development gap question predictions? Also what to expect for section B superpowers? Not got a clue :frown:

need a B!!!
Reply 295
For unit 4, do you need a separate bibliography section at the end or can you just credit your sources throughout?
I think that section b may be along the lines of:

1) Assess the extent to which China and India have the potential to become global superpowers
2) I'm not sure, something relating to development and political systems
3) Discuss the economic and environmental impacts of the rise of China and India as emerging superpowers
I've barely done any revision but am focusing on tech fix and development gap for section A, can anyone give any tips? and is anyone doing tectonics for unit 4? I've not been taught unit 4 so am so confused

Any help is greatly appreciated
I think the third question will focus on the futures of the superpower world (Which country, out of China and India, has the most potential to become a superpower).

The questions usually follow the order of the figures.

I think there could definitely be a question on the environmental impacts of the rise of China and India.

I doubt there will be a sole question on the economic impacts.
We've been told to do a methodology table after the intro as well as credit throughout

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending