The Student Room Group

Less attention when dressed well...?

So I am male, I also workout. If I walk around the town centre with a tight shirt to emphasise my physiqe barely any girls seem to notice or check me out ...but if I am wearing a jacket or something to cover it up I have noticed girls seem more likely to check me out. I cannot understand this logic as I look worse covered up, and as a man ...if I see a lady showing flesh or she is in something tight I am more likely to look at them.

Is there something off-putting about a guy with a decent physiqe walking around in the day with a tight shirt?
Showing off can mean you are being high maintenance, high priced. It raises the bar and not everyone likes that as it leads to endless one-up-manship. You might also come off as a douche. Traditionally men are not favored for vanity or showing off their bodies in the same way women are, it's seen as a bit camp. Also they may very well know what you are trying to do and could be rejecting it. The more you try to get attention the more obvious it is you are trying to get attention. It's not considered cool either among girls to check out a man's physique, many would not find it very becoming. It also becomes dangerous because they don't want to send the wrong message.
(edited 7 years ago)
You have it backwards. You get more attention when you are dressed well.

It's called modesty, unless you're dating 12 year olds it's considered a good trait.
we girls dont like male showing off :talkhand: we like everything natural :u:
Original post by fatima1998

Depends what he wants.
If he just wants sex and he goes to the right place girls don't care about being discrete.
Reply 5
Original post by George VI

It's called modesty, unless you're dating 12 year olds it's considered a good trait.

In a nightclub or bar dressing well gets more attention than not dressing well, but if I'm in a shopping centre it seems like girls find me wearing something like a tight shirt not appealing. And I find this strange.
Reply 6
Original post by George VI

:laugh:
Original post by fatima1998

It's quite natural for males to show off what they are proud of, makes them feel good. As long as it's not in a disrespectful or douchey way I don't see anything wrong with it.
Original post by ANM775
In a nightclub or bar dressing well gets more attention than not dressing well, but if I'm in a shopping centre it seems like girls find me wearing something like a tight shirt not appealing. And I find this strange.

I've briefly touched on it above, a woman in a bar or nightclub is more likely to have an interest in showing her intentions, by all accounts a woman walking around shopping might otherwise be too engaged in shoes or looking for someone more sensible.

The type of women you meet will vary.
Original post by TreeFellOnMe
It's quite natural for males to show off what they are proud of, makes them feel good. As long as it's not in a disrespectful or douchey way I don't see anything wrong with it.

but the OP is referring to girls... no harm in showing your hard work :h:
Reply 10
Original post by MrControversial
Showing off can mean you are being high maintenance, high priced. It raises the bar and not everyone likes that as it leads to endless one-up-manship. You might also come off as a douche. Traditionally men are not favored for vanity or showing off their bodies in the same way women are, it's seen as a bit camp. Also they may very well know what you are trying to do and could be rejecting it. The more you try to get attention the more obvious it is you are trying to get attention. It's not considered cool either among girls to check out a man's physique, many would not find it very becoming. It also becomes dangerous because they don't want to send the wrong message.

I have wondered this too at times, and wonder if walking around the day in a tight shirt is seen as attention seeking. When I see men in cold weather walking around like this I definitely class it as attention seeking. Or wonder if maybe women think that men walking around dressed like that in the day are players or something.. because if I see a girl walking around during the day in a short skirt and heels and makeup etc I tend to wonder if she's a slut ..but if she's wearing that on Fri/sat night I just think it's a normal girl trying to look pretty on a night out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending