The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coreHelp
guys its done, go n revise for paper 2, wait until 24th august for the grade boundaries and til next year for the official mark scheme ffs

August 25th for me
Original post by katodizzle
My teacher gave us a potential list:
simultaneous equations - linear and quadratic
trial and improvement
stem and leaf
solving equations
trigonometry
sine + cosine rules
scatter graphs
factors, multiples, primes
length, area and volume formulas
number sequences
solving quadratics
frequency polygons
histograms
area + circumference of circles, sectors
volume, surface area of 3D shapes
box plots
bearings
upper and lower bounds
angles - parallel lines, polygons
stratified samples
percentage increase, decrease or % backwards
HCF and LCM
mean from a frequency table
ratio
recurring decimals to fractions
compound interest
rearranging formula
pie charts
pythag theorem
moving averages
cumulative frequency
sine and cosine graphs
algebraic fractions
x^2 + y^2= 25 circle equation
completing the square
number proof
transformation of curves

i thought they dont do moving averages anymore
Original post by Debruyne

IIRC AQA and OCR still have it, but Edexcel doesn't.
What do u think the grade coundries to get a C would be
Original post by PCB
I think a C will be 62 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe it will be more because last year was 65
Original post by shakif
August 25th for me

25th is results day, 24th grade boundary release hny
I got 47 marks on this paper how much will i need to get A overall on the next paper?
Original post by Eduard-Student
I got 47 marks on this paper how much will i need to get A overall on the next paper?

An 'A' is predicted to be around 135 marks ish (predicted by my mum whom is a head of maths at Manchester grammar) so 88ish marks but to be sure aim higher.
Couple of questions, if someone can help:-

1. For the square inside the circle, I thought they were asking for the area of one shaded bit, rather than 4.

I wrote 100 - 25pi, then in the next line, (100-25pi)/4 What do I score for this?

2. For the construction questions, I only put in my construction lines for the intersection, not the preliminary ones. Do I score any marks at all?

3. For the mid-point question, I misread the question as trying to find the mid=point of the two co-ordinates given, instead of reading it as the mid point. I calculate correctly to find the mid=point though. I assume I score 0/2?

Many thanks
Reply 2309
For Q10 (mid-point), I found the mid-point by using the same method when finding the median in a small set of numerical data... I didn't know how to calculate it using algebra but check the attachment for an example of how I found one of the variables.

Would I get full marks (2/2) for this? My answer was (-3, -2).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zxr
For Q10 (mid-point), I found the mid-point by using the same method when finding the median in a small set of numerical data... I didn't know how to calculate it using algebra but check the attachment for an example of how I found one of the variables.

Would I get full marks (2/2) for this? My answer was (-3, -2).

Or you could just solve it like an equation...

Eniu3ay.jpg
Original post by DaveMoishe
Couple of questions, if someone can help:-

1. For the square inside the circle, I thought they were asking for the area of one shaded bit, rather than 4.

I wrote 100 - 25pi, then in the next line, (100-25pi)/4 What do I score for this?

2. For the construction questions, I only put in my construction lines for the intersection, not the preliminary ones. Do I score any marks at all?

3. For the mid-point question, I misread the question as trying to find the mid=point of the two co-ordinates given, instead of reading it as the mid point. I calculate correctly to find the mid=point though. I assume I score 0/2?

Many thanks

You'd probably lose a mark for each of the first two questions you said, for not giving the correct final answer. Also, I doubt that you'd get any marks for number 3, as that was completely different from what they asked you to do. And I just realised that I've made the same mistake as you there - why I didn't I read the question properly? >.<
Original post by Debruyne

Idk, that was just on the list tbh
1. will there be a range of answers for Q19?
i got -1.6 and 4.6

2. also for the standard form question i got 0.7x10^9
how many marks will i get for this

3. for the reflection question i drew the right line but the actual shape in the wrong place
how many marks is this

4. for the probability question i wrote it as a fraction is this okay
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jess987
i got -1.6 and 4.6

2. also for the surds question i got 0.7x10^9

3. for the reflection question i drew the right line but the actual shape in the wrong place
how many marks is this

How did you get a large standard form answer on a ****ing surds question on a non calc paper. Im not mathematician but... I think you mean Question 16, which wasn't a surds question, but the answer was 7x10^8, so you'll probably get 1/2 marks.
Original post by jess987
i got -1.6 and 4.6

2. also for the standard form question i got 0.7x10^9

how many marks is this

4. for the probability question i wrote it as a fraction is this okay

1. There's definitely a range. Your answer should be fine.

2. You would lose one mark for this, as standard form is in between 1 and 10
3. You may get one mark, not sure...
4. Definitely ok as a fraction or decimal, as both are equally as mathematically accurate!
thanks!

what do you think grade boundaries would be like
Original post by DaveMoishe
1. There's definitely a range. Your answer should be fine.

2. You would lose one mark for this, as standard form is in between 1 and 10
3. You may get one mark, not sure...
4. Definitely ok as a fraction or decimal, as both are equally as mathematically accurate!

thanks what do you think grade boundaries would be like
For help on what to revise for the calculator paper, go onto mathswatch. On thehomepage, depending on what examboard you are, it gives a list of what you DEFFO need to revise and what you can quickly go over
bisecter link invalid?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending