The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Lit the exam

Hey, who else took the exam? How did you do?
Reply 1
I'm not too sure. I completed question on Of Mice And Men and A view from a bridge.
Reply 2
Original post by Paris.s
I'm not too sure. I completed question on Of Mice And Men and A view from a bridge.

What did you do for the second paper? Can i ask what you wrote for the unseen as I was the only one who took the exam? Cheers
Reply 3
Original post by Milena1810
What did you do for the second paper? Can i ask what you wrote for the unseen as I was the only one who took the exam? Cheers

I wrote about Billy and Kes,as I only had 30 minutes left and it was the easiest to analysis .It had lots of language and descriptive imagery that I could easily write about. Most people had 30 minutes to finish and chose Billy and Kes aswell, although those that had more time chose the first one.

Which one did you choose for the the section c of the anthology?
Reply 4
Original post by Paris.s
I wrote about Billy and Kes,as I only had 30 minutes left and it was the easiest to analysis .It had lots of language and descriptive imagery that I could easily write about. Most people had 30 minutes to finish and chose Billy and Kes aswell, although those that had more time chose the first one.

Which one did you choose for the the section c of the anthology?

I did the sonnet 116 Q. However I compared it with My last dutchess which was probably the wrong idea. Surely I will get some marks tho as I did a lot for the sonnet. What about you?
Reply 5
I did that Q, but I compared it to a mother in a camp. Some of my friends did my last duchess. You get more marks for comparison, which I did in my introduction and conclusion. What did you say about sonnet 116 as I am unsure about my interpretation.
Reply 6
Original post by Paris.s
I did that Q, but I compared it to a mother in a camp. Some of my friends did my last duchess. You get more marks for comparison, which I did in my introduction and conclusion. What did you say about sonnet 116 as I am unsure about my interpretation.

-I did about the 'admit impediments' meaning to admit the truth
-the 'star' being something eternal and unchanging which is how love is
- 'worth's unknown' means that love is invaluable
-'loves not times fool' means that love isn't dependent on time
-'remover to remove' suggests how love cannot change the way that apprearance does

And that's it tbh.

So your friends did my last dutchess, what a relief! Aha
When's your next exam?
Reply 7
Original post by Milena1810
-I did about the 'admit impediments' meaning to admit the truth
-the 'star' being something eternal and unchanging which is how love is
- 'worth's unknown' means that love is invaluable
-'loves not times fool' means that love isn't dependent on time
-'remover to remove' suggests how love cannot change the way that apprearance does

And that's it tbh.

So your friends did my last dutchess, what a relief! Aha
When's your next exam?

On Monday - history. What is your next exam?
Reply 8
On Monday I have economics! :frown: Do you do only IGCSE's?
Reply 9
English is my only igcse.
Reply 10
Original post by Paris.s
English is my only igcse.

Ooh cool. I do IGCSE's for every subject! Good luck in your exam!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending