The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mac117
Additional maths today. Kinda scared, really want an A.

Good luck man. What grades are you aiming for overall ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATES FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS
Apologies, apologies, apologies!!! I've had a very hectic few days with early mornings and late finishes so I haven't had time to do much and therefore it wasn't worth updating (and I didn't have time to), but here is what I managed to fit in:

Chemistry tectonics

Biology past paper

Population revision

Development revision

And as I can't remember when I last updated, I think I had better mention which exams I have completed now:

ALL English Lit (yay)

Maths non-calc

Biology 1-3

ICT

Geography Physical

Yay you're back :biggrin:
Well done - can't believe you still manage to get stuff done while having such a busy schedule!
And well done for the exams you've sat, how do you feel they've gone so far?
Original post by nisha.sri
Well done !! :biggrin: Even though you've had a busy week you still manage to get things done. Impressive :biggrin:

Thank you! :smile:

Original post by Mac117
Additional maths today. Kinda scared, really want an A.

Sorry bit late - good luck I hope they went/are going well :smile:

Original post by NiamhM1801
Yay you're back :biggrin:
Well done - can't believe you still manage to get stuff done while having such a busy schedule!
And well done for the exams you've sat, how do you feel they've gone so far?

Yup I'm back (there's no keeping me away :biggrin:)
Thank you for your kind words and I think they have gone well, but the ones I am most concerned about are Biology and English Lit, which were my weaker subjects to begin with, but I still have time to turn around the Biology on the second paper :biggrin:

How have you been finding exams? :smile:
Thank you! :smile:

Sorry bit late - good luck I hope they went/are going well :smile:

Yup I'm back (there's no keeping me away :biggrin:)
Thank you for your kind words and I think they have gone well, but the ones I am most concerned about are Biology and English Lit, which were my weaker subjects to begin with, but I still have time to turn around the Biology on the second paper :biggrin:

How have you been finding exams? :smile:

Gooood, you're the glue keeping this thread together after all! :biggrin:
You're welcome and that's good to hear :smile: you've probably done better than you think too
Mine have been good so far! The only one I was concerned about is geography but that was simply due to a severe lack of preparation - but like you I've got paper 2 to turn it around :smile:
Gooood, you're the glue keeping this thread together after all! :biggrin:
You're welcome and that's good to hear :smile: you've probably done better than you think too
Mine have been good so far! The only one I was concerned about is geography but that was simply due to a severe lack of preparation - but like you I've got paper 2 to turn it around :smile:

I hope so :smile:
That's good, do you do AQA Geography? (Sorry if I've asked that before) Which topics are you doing for the human paper? :smile:
I hope so :smile:
That's good, do you do AQA Geography? (Sorry if I've asked that before) Which topics are you doing for the human paper? :smile:

Yeah and I'm doing Population Change, Changing Urban Environments and Tourism. I find human geography much easier anyway so hopefully I'll manage to pull it back :smile: which are you doing?
Yeah and I'm doing Population Change, Changing Urban Environments and Tourism. I find human geography much easier anyway so hopefully I'll manage to pull it back :smile: which are you doing?

Ah I do Tourism and Population Change, but also Development instead of Changing Urban Environments. I prefer the physical side if I'm honest, but I think that is because there are more scientific aspects to it. :smile:
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Good luck man. What grades are you aiming for overall ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I almost definitely got an A on that paper - it was so nice!

I was predicted 8 A*s and 2As but realistically I think it's 5-6A*s 2-3As and 1-2Bs.

Messed up quite a bit because of my situation, so I will quite surely disappoint my teachers.
Original post by Mac117
I almost definitely got an A on that paper - it was so nice!

I was predicted 8 A*s and 2As but realistically I think it's 5-6A*s 2-3As and 1-2Bs.

Messed up quite a bit because of my situation, so I will quite surely disappoint my teachers.

Firstly, well done for the paper! And those grades look fantastic :smile:

Secondly, no good teacher should ever be disappointed in their students. You did your best and that's all they can ask of you - you're not sitting the exams for them, you're doing them for yourself. As long as you're proud of yourself that's all that matters :smile:
Ah I do Tourism and Population Change, but also Development instead of Changing Urban Environments. I prefer the physical side if I'm honest, but I think that is because there are more scientific aspects to it. :smile:

I mean I don't like either of them but for me the human side is more bearable - I'd rather learn about people than meander bends haha
I mean I don't like either of them but for me the human side is more bearable - I'd rather learn about people than meander bends haha

Haha yeah I get what you mean and I can understand what you mean. Also, most of the human paper is sort of theory and you can kinda make up. Like there is only one way a meander forms but there are tons of reasons why people go on holiday or why the population increases :smile:
Firstly, well done for the paper! And those grades look fantastic :smile:

Secondly, no good teacher should ever be disappointed in their students. You did your best and that's all they can ask of you - you're not sitting the exams for them, you're doing them for yourself. As long as you're proud of yourself that's all that matters :smile:

I WILL disappoint them though. I know that. They had high hopes and I ruined it all because of personal reasons. And whether I'm proud of myself or not, I shall see when I get my results... Kinda bummed overall, sadly.
Original post by Mac117
I WILL disappoint them though. I know that. They had high hopes and I ruined it all because of personal reasons. And whether I'm proud of myself or not, I shall see when I get my results... Kinda bummed overall, sadly.

Well the only thing I can say is their opinions won't matter for long - as soon as you leave you don't have to worry about them anymore. Also GCSEs mean nothing in the long run. Once you get A Levels, it's unlikely youll even be asked about your GCSE results so even if they're not what you hoped (although I'm sure you'll be pleased) they won't make a huge difference to your life.
Haha yeah I get what you mean and I can understand what you mean. Also, most of the human paper is sort of theory and you can kinda make up. Like there is only one way a meander forms but there are tons of reasons why people go on holiday or why the population increases :smile:

Yeah exactly - there are so many less facts to remember as most you can just make up as you go! :smile:
I'm not even bothered about geography (I hate it so much haha) I just want to do well for the sake of my results sheet if you get what I mean
Well the only thing I can say is their opinions won't matter for long - as soon as you leave you don't have to worry about them anymore. Also GCSEs mean nothing in the long run. Once you get A Levels, it's unlikely youll even be asked about your GCSE results so even if they're not what you hoped (although I'm sure you'll be pleased) they won't make a huge difference to your life.

Well sadly Oxbridge does care about IGCSEs. And I want to study medicine, which so arguably the most competitive course out there.
Well I will go on and do IB instead of A-levels, so I hope for 40+ points. If I don't get what I want I might retake them.. *sigh*
Original post by Mac117
Well sadly Oxbridge does care about IGCSEs. And I want to study medicine, which so arguably the most competitive course out there.
Well I will go on and do IB instead of A-levels, so I hope for 40+ points. If I don't get what I want I might retake them.. *sigh*

Ah...well try not to think about resits until you've actually got your results! Like I said you've probably done better than you think :smile:
Ah...well try not to think about resits until you've actually got your results! Like I said you've probably done better than you think :smile:

What kind of grades are you aiming for ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mac117

Oxbridge only uses IGCSE's or GCSE's as a baseline for giving places. As long as your A levels, entrance exams and interview goes well, you will be fine. The fact there's so much left gives you more scope to go for your dreams. GCSE's are not the be all and end all, you have plenty more of opportunities ahead of you! Good luck :smile:
what is 'alineas'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
what is 'alineas'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idk. What is it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest