The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anybody else having a breakdown over PSYA3??? I just cannot do it 😭 There's so much to learn and so much to remember.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Im130
Wait, so how many studies do you lot do?

I was taught to do a minimum of 3, 4 recommended. Each study being concisely detailed, but thoroughly analysed and linked to the original theory.

But, I'm starting to wonder if examiners look for around 7-8 studies, which are just brief references and comments.

So yeah, how many studies, and in what level of depth, do you guys do?

I normally have around 4 studies of a01/a02, but then sometimes in the eval ill throw a few names in to enhance my eval points, all in all around 8-9 points of studies and eval, but i do normally eval each study so i tend to have 4 eval points at the end and then others throughout the essay
Original post by MegFreemantle
Does anyone know what to include in an essay for endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers? I didn't realise it could be asked as a 24 marker till now

endogenous has been asked as a full essay back in 2011, so i would definitely recommend revising it since its been a while.
For this i talk about the SCN talk about studies such as siffre cave campbell shining light on the knee and some other studies, there isnt really much to eval at the end besides the free will determinism reductionism and nurture points. Besides those other eval points will come from your stuides, e.g siffre was only one person so isnt representative of wider population etc.

Exogenous never been asked as a question so dont know whether its because of lack of info or just because it isnt really a good essay to write about, i think they could link both together here talk about light social cues temp studies you could use siffre campbell again if you wanted and then add some others and eval points would be more or less the same just swapped around.

Hope that helps.
Original post by aimsnaywux
Anybody else having a breakdown over PSYA3??? I just cannot do it 😭 There's so much to learn and so much to remember.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep ive only learnt around 4 essays for relationships and dont know if i want to learn the other 2 ive learnt 2-3 for sleep and then one for aggression, but hopefully i can finish by this weekend.
Original post by SunDun111
ngl lies, i dont know why but my brain dosent take in information till like 3 days b4 the exam when i go in meltdown mode? Its honestly the way it works, like a few years back for my GCSE science exam, revised 30 days B4 and only got a C, revised 2 days before Unit 2 psychology, all day just constantly and got 90 ums. Shall i leave it this late for this exam? kinda thinking they might be to much but nothings going in!

I think unless you have a really reallly good memory where whatever you read goes in a few days wont be enough, especailly because youll get distracted and its unlikely you can sit for 10h to revise, you still have 8 days left which is enough time to still do it.

Plus dont reference GCSE since any average student did the same where a day or two revision was enough, how did you do it for AS? Did you revise a day or two before? What grade did you get last year and then if you think it was a good grade just do what you did last year.
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Yep ive only learnt around 4 essays for relationships and dont know if i want to learn the other 2 ive learnt 2-3 for sleep and then one for aggression, but hopefully i can finish by this weekend.

You see my teacher has gave us bullet point notes on each topic and each essay but there's just sooooo much to learn. Send my mum out for highlighter pens cause I can't focus on a load of comic sans bullet points that I have no clue about. I'm honestly DREADING PSYA3, I love psychology and it breaks my heart cause I know I won't do as good as I wish. Oh lord. 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody use GRENADES for their AO2/3 points, like IDAS? What point could you make for the majority of studies/approaches?

For example you can't use animal ethics for everything but could you always reference to generalisation?

Does this make sense what I'm asking? Oh lord please help me ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
You see my teacher has gave us bullet point notes on each topic and each essay but there's just sooooo much to learn. Send my mum out for highlighter pens cause I can't focus on a load of comic sans bullet points that I have no clue about. I'm honestly DREADING PSYA3, I love psychology and it breaks my heart cause I know I won't do as good as I wish. Oh lord. 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the problem is many people have a negative thinking towards the exam such as its too much, but breaking it down, theres 6 essays for relationships, 4 of which are highly likely to come up, for sleep there is around 12 aggression 6, thats around 24 essays. if you spent around 8h total revising a day you should be able to memorize around 6.

I revised relationships first since its small and then im going to do aggression that way as a thinking mechanism you can say youve finished two sections and only have one left.
I think the problem is many people have a negative thinking towards the exam such as its too much, but breaking it down, theres 6 essays for relationships, 4 of which are highly likely to come up, for sleep there is around 12 aggression 6, thats around 24 essays. if you spent around 8h total revising a day you should be able to memorize around 6.

I revised relationships first since its small and then im going to do aggression that way as a thinking mechanism you can say youve finished two sections and only have one left.

I do eating behaviours, aggression and relationships. I'm finding relationships hard as my teacher literally flew through it and over it. Eating behaviours I'm feeling alright, aggression I guess (groups display etc I like them) but relationships is the hardest as I'm basically teaching myself it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody use GRENADES for their AO2/3 points, like IDAS? What point could you make for the majority of studies/approaches?

For example you can't use animal ethics for everything but could you always reference to generalisation?

Does this make sense what I'm asking? Oh lord please help me ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

generalization isnt an a03 point, and you cant just use one for all it has to specific when thinking about it, e.g just because you say its biological approach so nurture therefore reductionism this wouldnt get any marks since its a vague general point, you have to say why e.g for sleep its nurture and biological because only considers endogenous pacemakers and doesnt factor in external cues which we know influence our sleep wake cycle etc.
Its all about relating it to the question.
I do eating behaviours, aggression and relationships. I'm finding relationships hard as my teacher literally flew through it and over it. Eating behaviours I'm feeling alright, aggression I guess (groups display etc I like them) but relationships is the hardest as I'm basically teaching myself it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont know whether or not anyone actually uses teachers stuff, besides for studies i certainly cant remember most of the stuff we did in class since its studies and you wont really remember them unless they are meanigful or youve practiced them.

I feel relationships is the easiest because everyone experiences them and it makes cognitive sense,thats very relatable.
I dont know whether or not anyone actually uses teachers stuff, besides for studies i certainly cant remember most of the stuff we did in class since its studies and you wont really remember them unless they are meanigful or youve practiced them.

I feel relationships is the easiest because everyone experiences them and it makes cognitive sense,thats very relatable.

I guess it's just different for different people. Some find it easy some don't. Everybody's different that's all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think unless you have a really reallly good memory where whatever you read goes in a few days wont be enough, especailly because youll get distracted and its unlikely you can sit for 10h to revise, you still have 8 days left which is enough time to still do it.

Plus dont reference GCSE since any average student did the same where a day or two revision was enough, how did you do it for AS? Did you revise a day or two before? What grade did you get last year and then if you think it was a good grade just do what you did last year.

last year i revised a day or two b4 for unit 2 in psychology and got an A, but i reckon i got pretty lucky..
last year i revised a day or two b4 for unit 2 in psychology and got an A, but i reckon i got pretty lucky..

Give me your abilities or your luck whatever it is ahaha 😭😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

what did you get overall?
Reply 1035
What's GRENADES?
what did you get overall?

An A overall,
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1464690960.796201.jpg
Original post by yasx_
What's GRENADES?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Sorry if this has already been asked - don't have time to read the whole thread)

For PSYA3 Sleep, Loopa predicted biological rhythms (circadian/infradian/ultradian). Would it be risky to just learn circadian (as a 24m) and ultradian (as a 12m)...

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're struggling with learning the relationships side just do 3-4 essays which you feel will most likely come up in the exam. Highlight the book, use online essays for any extra evaluation points the book fails to include and do some active revising. This includes mind maps, sticky notes and index cards which you can use to help you remember the studies.

Breakdown and formation are the easiest to remember. Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending