*tumble weed*

I have that effect on people :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does Naruto ultimate storm 4 count as a game? Cuz I'm a boss at it!:colonhash:
Original post by themightysandu
I have that effect on people :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha aw :biggrin:
To be honest if you mean to argue that (at the absolute highest level) females are better than males at video games then ALL the facts prove you wrong and you may as well stop right there.

Also, if you took the median skill level of all women and the median skill level of all males, I'm pretty sure the male skill level would also be higher due to the fact that so many females are not interested in video games. That isn't an opinion, take a sample and go figure it out.

Also, no one said that women CAN'T be better (most people don't say that anyway). They're simply stating your average woman is not better. Also, I do think that there is a problem with a lot of women being sexually harassed in video games and in some cases insulted purely on their gender, but in either case, the "bullies" are not of the opinion that the woman CANNOT be better than them.

I'm assuming you incorrectly phrased your argument and meant that the problem lies within how they are ridiculed in video games (which really does vary on the each video game's community) as opposed to the notion that women cannot be better than males at video games.

TL;DR I completely agree with OP let's save the women! xD
Reply 164
Girls only experience issues like this when they make it apparent that they're a girl, and refuse to block/mute people that say bad things. I'm a guy, and I don't make it apparent that I'm a guy when I play games, but when I have to (in a game with strategic voice comms), if someone says something abusive, I just mute them so I don't get annoyed/tilted.

Fair enough, they never use the insult or stereotypes involving "guy gamer", but why does that matter? The point is that someone is saying something that offends you/that you don't like, and every online game has mute/block/ignore facilities in place for you to counteract it.

You don't need to 'come off the game' in order to stop experiencing it, the solution is very simple.

People only complain about issues like these when they want the attention of being a girl but also have to deal with a few shitty comments; if they didn't like the attention so much, they would just hit the aforementioned mute/block/ignore and the issue would disappear.

TL;DR: It's really not an issue, and I genuinely think it's just petty girls trying to cry out as if they're victims of some sort of severe discrimination, when in actuality, it may just be the first thing that comes into someone's head when they're trying to make a comment or an insult, due to stereotypes caused by girls that pose as girl gamers when they can't aim for **** and mess around whenever they play.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ok to end this argument: gamers are guys and girls, meaning there are gamers who are girls and gamers who are guys, that doesn't change anything or separate them from anything, you can still get noobs, decent (me) or pros. The only guys who are creeps in the chat on games are the actual creeps, who have no gf and are thirsty, it's easy to ignore them, just play online with friends or mute them if they bother you. Or if your friends don't play, Make a group of nice people online and have them as a group of people you can play games with, then you don't have all the creeps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why does it even matter, it's just gaming, who gives a **** :lol:
i dont play those games, i do pay runescape though! @XxKingSniprxX
They're games. Games aren't really gender exclusive, just more men play than women so it's assumed men will naturally be better because they've played more, that's not to say women can't be better, it's just they're less likely to be, there are plenty of girl gamers who are better than most men, but it's not really about whether someone is good, unless you're playing professionally, games are meant to enterain! If I play a game I don't mind who I play with, I don't really mind if they're good, if we laugh and have fun, to be honest that's all that I care about.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't really understand why we as 'girl gamers' need to be categorised as such, why am I not just a gamer?

To be honest, I only ever notice people acting oddly if they're under the age of 15, still haven't hit puberty and therefore have an incessant fear of the female sex. Which just makes me laugh to be honest, especially if they start trying to talk dirty :lol:

Oh and Borderlands 2 is best game evr :woo: @Alexion
Original post by Calzs34
They're games. Games aren't really gender exclusive, just more men play than women so it's assumed men will naturally be better because they've played more, that's not to say women can't be better than most men, which they are in quite a few games.

Right and quite precisely. You have spoken true words. I thanked you for that. The more people of you the sooner this prejudice is gone.
Original post by Asuna Yuuki
Oh and Borderlands 2 is best game evr :woo: @Alexion

Yassss :five:

Which character is the best tho? Answer incorrectly and we're through :wink:
Original post by Alexion
Yassss :five:

Which character is the best tho? Answer incorrectly and we're through :wink:

Well, it's difficult to tell, but I feel that Gaige may be the answer you're looking for :tongue:

tbh it's hard to choose between her and Tina tho :love:
Original post by Asuna Yuuki
Well, it's difficult to tell, but I feel that Gaige may be the answer you're looking for :tongue:

tbh it's hard to choose between her and Tina tho :love:

THAT'S RIGHT B*TCHES, my big brudder's about to teach you some MANNERS!

best NPC of the century :love:
Original post by Alexion
THAT'S RIGHT B*TCHES, my big brudder's about to teach you some MANNERS!

best NPC of the century :love:

:lol: prsom :hugs:
Original post by govtandpolitics
Its often thought that girls aren't as good on COD or other video games as boys are. I disagree with this and it annoys me when boys believe that girls cant be better than them and it also annoys me that girls are sometimes criticized over the fact they may play video games as it is seen as a boy thing?

Never seen this happen apart from those annoying gaming troll videos.
Original post by Vikingninja
Never seen this happen apart from those annoying gaming troll videos.

I don't think everyone experiences it, as it is not going to happen to everyone :smile:
Original post by govtandpolitics
I don't think everyone experiences it, as it is not going to happen to everyone :smile:

Played a large variety of games for 5 years several hours every day and I've seen absolutely nothing. Though I don't generally play games where a lot of **** talking happens (except CSGO, though haven't seen it on that).

Does this more happen in specific games like COD?
The average guy gamer is better than the average girl gamer. Albeit I see no reason ever to bring up their gender. We're all just playing a god damn game. Couldn't give a **** if you were a dog, fish or alien. Just play the thing right.
Original post by Vikingninja
Played a large variety of games for 5 years several hours every day and I've seen absolutely nothing. Though I don't generally play games where a lot of **** talking happens (except CSGO, though haven't seen it on that).

Does this more happen in specific games like COD?

Yeah I think it happens in more games like COD, as I think COD is a much more male dominated game :/

Quick Reply

Latest