The Student Room Group

I ran out of space on my exam

On the recent Statistics 3 Edexcel maths exam I ran out of space on the question paper and had to ask for additional paper. Last year, when I ran out of space on my FP1 exam (my writing isn't the neatest) they gave me some official Edexcel booklet; this year however they just gave me a plain piece of lined A4 paper and attached it to the paper with a treasury tag. Is this standard practice now, there was about 5 marks on this paper and obviously I'd like it to be marked.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Mav1
On the recent Statistics 3 Edexcel maths exam I ran out of space on the question paper and had to ask for additional paper. Last year, when I ran out of space on my FP1 exam (my writing isn't the neatest) they gave me some official Edexcel booklet; this year however they just gave me a plain piece of lined A4 paper and attached it to the paper with a treasury tag. Is this standard practice now, there was about 5 marks on this paper and obviously I'd like it to be marked.

Centres are meant to use the official Additional Answer sheets (as they have all your details at the top in case it gets lost) but as long as you put all your details on the top you should be fine. Even if you didn't then they will probably sort it out.
Original post by Compost
Centres are meant to use the official Additional Answer sheets (as they have all your details at the top in case it gets lost) but as long as you put all your details on the top you should be fine. Even if you didn't then they will probably sort it out.

Thanks for your reply!

Is there any way I can check this after results day? i.e. get my paper back, and if it turns out this hasn't been marked is there anything that could be done?
Original post by Mav1
Thanks for your reply!

Is there any way I can check this after results day? i.e. get my paper back, and if it turns out this hasn't been marked is there anything that could be done?

yup, you can get your paper back if you pay them and fill in a form at school.
I think it's around 20 quid.
Reply 4
Original post by Mav1
Thanks for your reply!

You can get your paper back (c£13) (or check to see if you got the marks you think you deserve for free on Results Plus) but the chance of them finding a loose sheet at that stage, particularly if it doesn't have your centre no., candidate number and exam code on it, is very low.

Quick Reply

Latest