The Student Room Group

Do you support gay marriage?

Scroll to see replies

I'm against.
Reply 141
Original post by ivybridge
No.

Then your argument of equal rights has no substance.
Original post by ATW1
Then your argument of equal rights has no substance.

Gay rights you mean? Yes, it does lmfao. Doesn't mean I believe in complete equality in all aspects - I'm not communist.
Fully support gay marriage, never seen a good arguement against it.
Reply 144
Gay rights you mean? Yes, it does lmfao. Doesn't mean I believe in complete equality in all aspects - I'm not communist.

So you believe in equality, but only if it suits you?
Original post by ATW1
So you believe in equality, but only if it suits you?

Not at all. Do you believe in your rights as a human being and that that should be equal to the rights women and men of other races should have? Yes? Well, you're doing the same thing aren't you. Saying okay to some and nay to others.
Definitely support it - in the same way as I don't believe anyone should be discriminated against on the grounds of race or gender, I don't believe sexuality should play a part in deciding whether a couple is allowed to be married.

I have yet to understand what is wrong with polygamy.

And no, I don't believe in animal-human marriage unless there is full consent from both animal and human.
Reply 147
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Yes!

I challenge anyone against gay marriage to watch the video of their wedding -

How could anyone be against that? Why would you want to deny them of happiness when it doesn't affect you in the slightest, no-one's forcing you to get married to someone of the same sex or go to a same sex marriage.
Reply 148
Not at all. Do you believe in your rights as a human being and that that should be equal to the rights women and men of other races should have? Yes? Well, you're doing the same thing aren't you. Saying okay to some and nay to others.
Inequality is a fact of life. I am not against it, I just accept it as it is. We aren't all equal and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Original post by ATW1
Inequality is a fact of life. I am not against it, I just accept it as it is. We aren't all equal and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I accept that too, but on levels. Saying gay men and women should be treated unequally because they love the same sex is completely unfounded and nonsensical.
Original post by ATW1

We arent equal because of where we are born. That's it. It's impractical and starkly anarchist to think we can do anything about the location of our birth. Everything else, such as race and sexuality and the privileges associated can be combatted.
Original post by squirrel97
Definitely support it - in the same way as I don't believe anyone should be discriminated against on the grounds of race or gender, I don't believe sexuality should play a part in deciding whether a couple is allowed to be married.

I have yet to understand what is wrong with polygamy.

And no, I don't believe in animal-human marriage unless there is full consent from both animal and human.

Why do people insist on comparing race to sexuality ?
Go back a few pages and you'll see why that logic is flawed.
Original post by #JOSH45#
Why do people insist on comparing race to sexuality ?
Go back a few pages and you'll see why that logic is flawed.

Because they are similar. Very similar.
Because they are similar. Very similar.

The history of suffering isn't and gays can refrain from gay activity, blacks can't refrain from being black.

Anyway not gonna engage with you. My mother taught me from a very young age "you can't argue with stupid". Bye.
No.

Well, for a start, it's perfectly normal and natural. Furthermore, grow up - you probably don't give a toss about tradition.

Oh, and you know all too well about that don't you? Before you comment on whether someone gives a toss about tradition or not - take some time to actually understand that person!
The history of suffering isn't and gays can refrain from gay activity, blacks can't refrain from being black.

Anyway not gonna engage with you. My mother taught me from a very young age "you can't argue with stupid". Bye.

Yeah, okay, I'm clearly stupid... says the one who thinks you can stop being gay, lmfao.

So you think gay people should all be chaste to avoid discrimination?
Original post by samklipas0
Oh, and you know all too well about that don't you? Before you comment on whether someone gives a toss about tradition or not - take some time to actually understand that person!

I just don't buy that any teens or young adults of this century acthally care. It's just an accessible argument. Oh what, you mean like you get to know those you would forbid from being happy and inlove? Lmfao.
I just don't buy that any teens or young adults of this century acthally care. It's just an accessible argument.

'Appeal to tradition' is actually known as a logical fallacy, interestingly enough.
Original post by Mactotaur
So you think gay people should all be chaste to avoid discrimination?

That's absolutely not what I said. I simply stated that they have the ability to not engage in sexual activities if they were to be facing criminal charges whereas people of colour don't have the same ability.

Edit :: You're clearly also quite an unintelligent person seeing as to how you managed to infer that I was saying gay people shouldn't have sex when I clearly stated "they can refrain" & either way in the older days heterosexual men and women had to remain chaste in order to avoid discrimination and celibacy was something that was expected so don't make it sound as if it would be impossible for gays to be chase.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending