The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's very understandable why many ex-muslims have left their religion because to be fair, not all muslims have a true grasp on what Islam is and some uneducated muslim parents decide to preach it incorrectly by teaching hate towards those who aren't a mirror image of them. As well as this, there are many aspects of the quran which are being taught to muslims as though they're word for word rules to abide by when really - just like any other piece of literature - the quran uses all sorts of literary devices.
Original post by Lord Gaben
Are you an ex-muslim?

No, but you sound like your trying real hard to rep farm with a overused tactic, this gaben stuff is old.
Reply 22
Original post by Cobalt_
Believing in something without evidence seems pretty idiotic to me.

Evidence is from the shaytaan! 'Authoobillah
Original post by theBranicAc
are you an idiot?

Probably not. Why do you (if you do) believe in something which there is entirely no evidence for?
Original post by Kraixo
You don't make sense, aren't scholars humans??? So how is it beyond comprehension for humans?? It's the nature for human beings to learn stuff, and quran is a book which has to be learnt and digested the proper way.

Your acting like its super hard to go to find a accepted scholar to explain the quran or a certain verse which you have doubts abouto.o. The quran was revealed in Arabic which was spoken 1400 years ago obviously most people will have to read a tafseer to understand it.

What's the proper way?
And yes, scholars are humans so I don't see why the views of some hold more value than others. What makes a Sunni scholar more right than a Shia (vice versa)?

Even if I did find one, you might disagree with my findings. That is human nature, we pick and choose what we feel comfortable with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redleader1
But did you speak to any Imams regarding topics you disagreed with ? Or was it more independant learning.

Spoke to many Imams and scholars.
An Imam still comes to my house on a weekly basis and we have great conversations.

No disrespect but
What I have found from most Muslims is that they literally have to find any reason to justify an ex Muslim leaving. "Oh he misinterpreted", "He didnt listen to the right scholar", "He wasn't religious enough", "He was too religious","He wasn't close to the Deen" etc etc.

List goes on and on and on. I have literally heard them all.

Fact at the matter is I didnt agree with Islam on a morality stand point, found all the scientific errors in both the Quran and Hadith laughable and can explain the natural world around me using Science and reasoning with confidence knowing I have empirical evidence on my side.
2 posts in and someone is telling someone else that the decision they made is wrong. Inevitable argument follows. Ad homs before the second page has even started.

Definitely didn't see that coming...
Original post by Mjcal1
Evidence is from the shaytaan! 'Authoobillah

Astaghfirullah Brother.
The Shaytaan is whispering in your ear brother Mjcal1, He is guiding you on the wrong path.

Stay strong, Inshallah

Spoiler

Original post by Kraixo
No, but you sound like your trying real hard to rep farm with a overused tactic, this gaben stuff is old.

I don't care about reps. I just want people to join the Church of Gaben
Original post by CorpusLuteum
It's very understandable why many ex-muslims have left their religion because to be fair, not all muslims have a true grasp on what Islam is and some uneducated muslim parents decide to preach it incorrectly by teaching hate towards those who aren't a mirror image of them. .

Evidence ?
Original post by Lord Gaben
I don't care about reps. I just want people to join the Church of Gaben

Sign me up.
Original post by Cobalt_

No disrespect but
What I have found from most Muslims is that they literally have to find any reason to justify an ex Muslim leaving. "Oh he misinterpreted", "He didnt listen to the right scholar", "He wasn't religious enough", "He was too religious","He wasn't close to the Deen" etc etc.

Whose justifying bruv ? Does your family know about this and what your background ?
It's very understandable why many ex-muslims have left their religion because to be fair, not all muslims have a true grasp on what Islam is and some uneducated muslim parents decide to preach it incorrectly by teaching hate towards those who aren't a mirror image of them. As well as this, there are many aspects of the quran which are being taught to muslims as though they're word for word rules to abide by when really - just like any other piece of literature - the quran uses all sorts of literary devices.

It's not always that deep to be honest. The mere existence a conscious God who cares about which foot is used to step into the toilet first was enough to send my mind spinning. Coupled with other rather petty rulings I decided Islam and religion in general wasn't for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cobalt_
Spoke to many Imams and scholars.
An Imam still comes to my house on a weekly basis and we have great conversations.

No disrespect but

Fact at the matter is I didnt agree with Islam on a morality stand point, found all the scientific errors in both the Quran and Hadith laughable and can explain the natural world around me using Science and reasoning with confidence knowing I have empirical evidence on my side.

Everyone has their own fate:

If Allah wanted, He could have made all of them a single nation; but He admits to His mercy whom He pleases

Who cares if you believe in something else. That just makes the world more exciting.
Original post by macsalaama
What's the proper way?
And yes, scholars are humans so I don't see why the views of some hold more value than others. What makes a Sunni scholar more right than a Shia (vice versa)?

Even if I did find one, you might disagree with my findings. That is human nature, we pick and choose what we feel comfortable with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I already explained why their views are more valid, not sure why it is so hard to understand, shows your sincerity as your denial of them being more knowlegable, wheras you accept that the opinion of a docktor on medical stuff is more valid then a average humans regardless of them being able to make mistakes.

A sunni scholar will provide evidences using the Quran and authenticated sunnah/hadith which is the correct way.

Yes humans do tend to go with what they feel more comfortable with. But a true muslim, (the whole point of being muslim is to submit to god) will go against his desires and follow the instructions based on the Quran and sunnah. Eg. the quran tells muslims to not engage in sex before marriage, if muslims really interpereted based on their whims and desires they would have never interpereted the quran to be saying dont have sex before marriage, a simple example.
Whose justifying bruv ? Does your family know about this and what your background ?

My background? Jesus didnt know I was handing you my CV for a job.

Parents dont know. Islam is a lot of things but being respectful if you leave isnt one. (Partly culture, mainly religion <- before someone starts that argument)
Also, the Church of Gaben is a very peaceful religion. We offer free Beers and Pizza during congregational prayer. But, unlike Islam our congregational prayer isn't mandatory. So, for Gabites that can't attend we deliver free pizza and beer to their door.
Original post by macsalaama
It's not always that deep to be honest. The mere existence a conscious God who cares about which foot is used to step into the toilet first was enough to send my mind spinning. Coupled with other rather petty rulings I decided Islam and religion in general wasn't for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, exactly what I mean:

'who cares about which foot is used to step into the toilet'

Where do some of these 'scholars' come up with these guidelines. They all sound particularly silly.
Everyone has their own fate:

If Allah wanted, He could have made all of them a single nation; but He admits to His mercy whom He pleases

Who cares if you believe in something else. That just makes the world more exciting.

I agree, the many different faiths and lack of faith makes this world very interesting. Now if only we could all get along and sip tea on a warm summers day.
Evidence ?

Uh... My school peers and the some of the sunni mosques in east london lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending