Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Mr.bob
Why 12.5 and not 25?

because it was when the titration was half way through
Reply 41
Original post by CERC
because it was when the titration was half way through

Did it not say in the question that though at the Equivalence point the concentration of the salt was equal to the concentration of acid
No it said when the [salt] is the same as the [acid] then the titration is half complete, it was a 1:1 ratio so when 12.5 cm3 has been added half of the acid was used up and half of the salt had formed. Also I googled the acid in question and it's pKa is 2.5
Reply 43
Original post by Nathanbh321
No it said when the [salt] is the same as the [acid] then the titration is half complete, it was a 1:1 ratio so when 12.5 cm3 has been added half of the acid was used up and half of the salt had formed. Also I googled the acid in question and it's pKa is 2.5

I am such a fool how did i misrewd the question like that. The worst thing is i knew about how at half neutralisation(i.e. the tutration is half done) the conc of salt = conc of acid but i put my belief in how i read the question :frown:
I wouldn't worry about it it was only 2 marks and you'd most likely get a method mark for 10^(-pKa)
Reply 45
Got 264.4mg or something for the saponification question
So did I and most others in the class, fairly confident that's right.
Reply 47
So did I and most others in the class, fairly confident that's right.

Yeah some people in my school either got it or forgot to divide by 9 so I am sure this is right
Reply 48
how much revision has everyone done for the next one? ive just done amines and trying to learn arenes at the minute. :colondollar:

was everyone able to do the polymer question? i completely forgot how to do it so left it out?
also, for the question where you had to draw the possible structures for the fat worth three marks, did people say it had or hadnt an asymetric centre? I said it didn't!
Reply 49
Original post by CERC
how much revision has everyone done for the next one? ive just done amines and trying to learn arenes at the minute. :colondollar:

was everyone able to do the polymer question? i completely forgot how to do it so left it out?
also, for the question where you had to draw the possible structures for the fat worth three marks, did people say it had or hadnt an asymetric centre? I said it didn't!

I drew two possible structures and labelled them as either optically active or optically inactive. However I said it was optically active in the question below
For the polymer it was addition polymerisation, the c=c bond opened out. Yeah one isomer was and one wasnt, the one with two adjacent oleic acid molecules was, you did have to remove the Carbon and hydrogens from the formula when doing the residual groups though
Reply 51
hey! can someone explain to me how you get an A* at chemistry.I have a high A from AS and I think I did ok in the practical this year. Im pretty sure that ive messed up A2 unit 1 but if I did exceptionally well in the next test could I still get an A*?
Reply 52
In order to get an A*, you need to have 90% overall at A2. I am thinking the A* boundary for unit 1 will definitely be below 90/120, the scaling will help us all
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by Binajd
In order to get an A*, you need to have 90% overall at A2. I am thinking the A* boundary for unit 1 will definitely be below 90/120, the scaling will help us all

yes, but if you do really badly in one exam but say brilliantly in the rest, then what then???

sorry, its just i really had my heart set on an A* in chemistry and want to know if there is still a chance :colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by CERC
yes, but if you do really badly in one exam but say brilliantly in the rest, then what then???

If you do really badly as in it would prevent you in getting 270/300 at A2, you won't get an A*. However, if you got a low B but really good A* scores in others to get it above 270/300, you will get an A*
Reply 55
Original post by Binajd
If you do really badly as in it would prevent you in getting 270/300 at A2, you won't get an A*. However, if you got a low B but really good A* scores in others to get it above 270/300, you will get an A*

thank you
Original post by Binajd

No way it'll be that low, far easier than last years. But still difficult so I'd say 98-102 for an A*
Reply 57
No way it'll be that low, far easier than last years. But still difficult so I'd say 98-102 for an A*

last year's A2 or AS?
Original post by CERC
last year's A2 or AS?

A2 1 which was 91 for an A* and thee lowest it's been. It's normally between 102-108 for an A*.
Reply 59
I honestly think this years paper was more difficult than last years, by a good bit.
I didn't get either of the equations for the potassium chloroethanoate that question was horrible!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending