The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hollyy_16xxx

Are you AS or A2? AS

What subjects are you taking? AQA Psychology, AQA Sociology, Edexcel Health and Social Double award, AQA EPQ (This didn't have an exam but it is compulsory for year 12)

How are exams going? I've already finished my exams,the majority of them went not too bad, the worst exam I have took was the health and social single exam, also AQA have been absolute stars with their exams for the new spec in psychology/sociology.

To which university are you hoping to go? I'm really undecided but luckily enough, I have time to decide, I'm attending many open days later on in the year.

To study which subject? Its either between Health and Social, Social work or Early childhood studies,

How are you feeling about results day? Not too bad at the moment but when it gets closer to the day I will get nervous, as it is a new college and we are setting the boundaries for the next year 12.

Your subjects are my dream. I have no idea why I was retarded enough to take sciences maths and geography.
Original post by alevez2ez
Your subjects are my dream. I have no idea why I was retarded enough to take sciences maths and geography.

Aha, Why thank you, I wasn't smart enough to take sciences and maths, I love my subjects, the best combination! :smile:
Original post by hollyy_16xxx
Aha, Why thank you, I wasn't smart enough to take sciences and maths, I love my subjects, the best combination! :smile:

Of course you are smart enough. Those subjects just do not appeal to everyone and are quite tough!

They truly are! Good luck with your results and enjoy your summer! :smile:
Original post by alevez2ez
Of course you are smart enough. Those subjects just do not appeal to everyone and are quite tough!

They truly are! Good luck with your results and enjoy your summer! :smile:

Thank you for making this point! Subjects like science and maths tend to incorporate more of my personal weaknesses than strengths, and I knew I wouldn't really enjoy them. But then again, everyone is different! If we were all the same, the world would be boring :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
Thank you for making this point! Subjects like science and maths tend to incorporate more of my personal weaknesses than strengths, and I knew I wouldn't really enjoy them. But then again, everyone is different! If we were all the same, the world would be boring :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true. I am just guessing that there is a general census that sciences are pretty tough.

The world is boring :frown: . Or perhaps I am!
Original post by Sacred Ground
I do geography and biology AQA :smile: (Chem AQA too) which modules for geography? I do tectonics, ecosystems and world cities.

I do the same modules as you for geography :biggrin:!

I'm worrying like mad about the 40 marker, as I don't know if I'll be doing the tectonics or ecosystems one. GEO4B is going to be a nightmare too.
Original post by Cari98
1. I'm AS, and I'm amazed by how the year has flown:biggrin:
2. I took English (lit&lang combined), RS, Art & French
3. Exams are going a lot better than I thought, I won't lie. However my Literature exam last thursday was pretty brutal, I must say:s-smilie:
4. I hope to go to Cardiff University, I went to the open day and fell in love with the uni, it's so beautiful
5. I want to study Journalism, Media & Cultural Studies with the hopes of becoming an investigative journalist, think Louis Theroux and that's basically my life goal right there:smile:
6. I'm petrified. This is my first results day in my new college, and as this year hasn't been so great I'm kinda worried...
7. I hate french and i'm dropping that on results day no matter what result I get, completely regret taking it:biggrin::biggrin:

Another Cardiff hopeful!! I'm hoping to study Journalism, Media & Sociology... so close! :biggrin: I'm A2 though.
Original post by Peppercrunch
I do the same modules as you for geography :biggrin:!

I'm worrying like mad about the 40 marker, as I don't know if I'll be doing the tectonics or ecosystems one. GEO4B is going to be a nightmare too.

I'm definitely doing the tectonics 40 marker haha, I've decided before I even get in the exam! I haven't started revision for geog 4B yet but it should be straight forward. What UMS did you get in AS geog?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh God I am so so nervous especially since I had a nightmare I did badly the other day..
Reply 49
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Oh God I am so so nervous especially since I had a nightmare I did badly the other day..

Are you AS or A2?
Original post by SH0405
Are you AS or A2?

Doing AS and A2 subjects.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

:hugs: nightmares are the worst. And they can make you doubt yourself but.. they are misleading and not representative of what might actually happen :tongue:
I was quite scared but I'm not that fussed now - my university choice doesn't care :smile:
Original post by ivybridge
I was quite scared but I'm not that fussed now - my university choice doesn't care :smile:

That's good :smile: I've heard religious studies is really difficult, so at least your university isn't bothered if you fail it! You can breathe a bit.
Reply 54
Original post by emiloujess
Another Cardiff hopeful!! I'm hoping to study Journalism, Media & Sociology... so close! :biggrin: I'm A2 though.

I live about 2 hours away from Cardiff, so it's really useful that my perfect uni happens to be so close! It's so gorgeous, I've driven past the halls loads of times but never actually visited the main buildings, so glad I did!

I want to do Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies, I met the course leader and went to a talk and it all sounds awesome...really hope I get in!!:biggrin:
Original post by Sacred Ground
That's good :smile: I've heard religious studies is really difficult, so at least your university isn't bothered if you fail it! You can breathe a bit.

You know, you should try things before you knock them. Philosophy is not an easy discipline; its use is debatable but whatever. In fact, none of the humanities are. For a start, their sheer subjectivity is big feature in what makes them hard to do well in.
Original post by Cari98
I live about 2 hours away from Cardiff, so it's really useful that my perfect uni happens to be so close! It's so gorgeous, I've driven past the halls loads of times but never actually visited the main buildings, so glad I did!

I want to do Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies, I met the course leader and went to a talk and it all sounds awesome...really hope I get in!!:biggrin:

I live in Warwickshire :smile: It looks amazing I agree, I completely fall in love with old pretty buildings like that - maybe I should have been doing architecture :colondollar:

I originally applied for a different subject but changed as soon as I read through the J,M&S course because I immediately fell in love :love: I wasn't sure at first about Cardiff because generally I don't like cities but Cardiff's definitely the exception! I don't want to get too excited about it though because I'm fairly certain I won't get in.
Reply 57
AS English Lang/Lit, Geography, History of Art and World Development
All of them went okay/good other than both Geography exams went terrible
I don't know yet, but I'd ideally like to study English
I'm fairly worried about results day but I know i've tried my best and done everything I could have done this year :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by emiloujess
I live in Warwickshire :smile: It looks amazing I agree, I completely fall in love with old pretty buildings like that - maybe I should have been doing architecture :colondollar:

I originally applied for a different subject but changed as soon as I read through the J,M&S course because I immediately fell in love :love: I wasn't sure at first about Cardiff because generally I don't like cities but Cardiff's definitely the exception! I don't want to get too excited about it though because I'm fairly certain I won't get in.

You will absolutely love Cardiff if you're not a city lover! I went to London a few months back and hated every second, but Cardiff is a very chilled out city, it's kinda small so it's not too overwhelming...and I suppose it's quite familiar to me:smile:

Don't think like that! Keep your head down and keep working, you'll definitely get in! Good luck!:biggrin:
Original post by Cari98
You will absolutely love Cardiff if you're not a city lover! I went to London a few months back and hated every second, but Cardiff is a very chilled out city, it's kinda small so it's not too overwhelming...and I suppose it's quite familiar to me:smile:

Don't think like that! Keep your head down and keep working, you'll definitely get in! Good luck!:biggrin:

Yeah I was quite surprised when I visited and liked it as much as I did. :smile: I hope so, but I've started revision later compared to last year so I'm panicking a little. I hope that on Results Day I will be sitting here laughing at how panicked I am right now :colondollar:

Thanks, best of luck to you too! Tag me to let me know how you did if I don't speak to you before the dreaded day! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest