The Student Room Group

Do you support gay marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99
I watched the video. Still against it

I mean, I respect the fact that you're religious and whatever but it's just so sad that two people being in-love, consensually and whatever, gets that far under your skin. It's just hilarious and deeply upsetting at the same time.
Original post by Trapz99
I watched the video. Still against it

And I respect that.
Original post by serions871
And I respect that.

That's nice, such a lad
Original post by Trapz99
That's nice, such a lad

I know right, thanks g
Original post by #JOSH45#
Yeah, they said it, not me, so I don't get why you're addressing me with it 😕😄

Again with the incorrect inferences. Nobody said gays haven't been treated poorly, what I'm saying is that for you to compare that poor treatment to what black people have gone through is incredibly silly. Read a text book, gay men have existed right throughout time, loads of Greek men slept with young boys and nothing happened to them, because it wasn't much of an issue. This has been going on around the world since the beginning and still goes on now, men have sex with men and don't call themselves gay.

Again, nobody said that you can't criticise but then it's a pretty big contradiction to dislike another person because of their opinion and then claim to be tolerant.
& for the rest of it, I don't really understand what exactly you're trying to say , typing errors, I assume.

Anyway like I said to that free loving LGBT hippy before , my mother always used to tell me "you can't argue with stupid" so bye.

Just a little something for you : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V5fVdDBxacU

Considering YOU replied to me, you should be reminding that to yourself. Lol.

To tell me to read a textbook, when I have directly read the accounts of Plato and Xenophon on the matter, and when you evidently have no idea of the history is at the very least ironic. It is very funny though. Yeah, ancient societies did indeed accept homosexuality. Update yourself on what happened when Christianity took over. Then you'll understand how wrong you are.

What are you talking about? I can barely make sense of this nonsense. So what is it you're advocating? No criticism at all? No replying at all? Are you that mental?

Indeed, bye. Not bothering with that video because it'll likely be something from someone who supports your opinion. I told you, like people think alike. No need to prove me right.
Original post by Trapz99
That's nice, such a lad

I respect it but don't understand it at all. Did you not see how fast that girl's chest was moving? She was literally so excited and scared and happy all at once; it's so clear to see they are obviously completely and truly in-love with each other. Marriage has gone beyond religion. They happened before Christianity and will happen long-after, if religion is to ever die out which it won't.
Reply 206
Original post by Trapz99
That's nice, such a lad

I know right, thanks g

LOL a cheeky bit of banter going on, eh? (It's a serious discussion tho)
Original post by Ladbants
LOL a cheeky bit of banter going on, eh? (It's a serious discussion tho)

Sorry haha I'll stop
Original post by hoping4thebest
no I don't

Why?
Original post by ivybridge
image.jpeg

I don't understand what point you're trying to make.
Original post by MiracleLeaf
Why?

because of my faith
And I respect that.

I don't.
because of my faith

So?
I don't.

ok
I don't.

Then you're just as bad.
There is nothing fanatical about defending traditional marriage.

traditional marriage no longer exists really. people no longer marry solely to have children or have sex as its possible to do that before and not be completely shunned by society and also between 1/2 and 1/3 of marriages end in divorce. most hetero couples getting married in 2016 view it as a further commitment to each other.
Original post by ivybridge
Then you're just as bad.

Just as bad as who?
I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

People argue traditional marriage is between one and and one woman because of the Bible - the Bible says otherwise.
Just as bad as who?

Those you're arguing against. Religion must be respected as well as gays, lesbians, blacks, trans people, you name it.
I support gay marriage 100%. If a man doesn't support it for whatever reason, don't marry another man! And vice versa for a woman. People have no right to decide what other people do with their lives.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending