The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3860
Original post by chemnerd4life
I have English Language CCEA tomorrow and have no clue how to revise for it. Help?

Is this GCSE? Ummmmmmm, not entirely sure but ...I'd suggest that you work your way through your class notes first, starting from the very beginning. Read through properly, then highlight key stuff, then make notes. After you have done all that maybe you could watch some youtube videos on how to answer particular types of questions. - Make notes whilst your watching. They'll possibly be a lot more helpful than your class notes actually. Not sure which are best but you'll probably find lots if you search around.- I've just tried to find a good channel + this one looks pretty helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/user/mrbruff/playlists

Then do as many past papers as you can before you go to bed. Since the exam is tomorrow, practicing what it'll be like will be very useful.

Good luck!
I've been procrastinating a lot today so now I'm going to start watching Mr Pollock biology videos

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3862
I've just finished Equilibriaa.- Now onto Group 2 metals.
Original post by TeaAndTextbooks
I've been procrastinating a lot today so now I'm going to start watching Mr Pollock biology videos

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mr Pollock is the best :yep:

Work experience today so couldn't really revise. Did one hour of chemistry in the lunch break but that's all I've done so far. Feeling so guilty :redface:
Will plough through revision after dinner. :run:
I don't want to revise GCSE stuff and it feels so boring but I need to so that I can get a good grade! I need some motivation please. I'd much rather learn something much more interesting as opposed to boring biology but it has to be done. Any advice?

Thank you!
Got 77/90 on Biology Unit 4 paper
F334 paper time :3
Reply 3866
Original post by Kryptonian
I don't want to revise GCSE stuff and it feels so boring but I need to so that I can get a good grade! I need some motivation please. I'd much rather learn something much more interesting as opposed to boring biology but it has to be done. Any advice?

Thank you!

What do you mean you don't want to revise. :fuhrer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-sfG8BV8wU

Spoiler

Also remember that it isn't going to be like this forever! You'll regret not doing this revision if you don't do it now. Start slow.- After you've read this, don't click on another thread, don't think about how you're going to start. Just start. Pick up your pen and do something simple like writing down all the definitions that you need to know. Then take a break. Then straight after your break (which should be no longer than 15 minutes) work a little harder, so let's say you complete a sub-topic in photosynthesis, then take another break. Increase your level of work as the day progresses bc it might be easier that way and most of all believe that it's fun and it'll be fun. Seriously. The more you think it's boring, the less interesting it'll be. - It's all to do with your mind, so try and condition it in a way that will advantage you not diminish your performance.

You can do this, good luck!
Original post by Anon_98
What do you mean you don't want to revise. :fuhrer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-sfG8BV8wU

Spoiler

Also remember that it isn't going to be like this forever! You'll regret not doing this revision if you don't do it now. Start slow.- After you've read this, don't click on another thread, don't think about how you're going to start. Just start. Pick up your pen and do something simple like writing down all the definitions that you need to know. Then take a break. Then straight after your break (which should be no longer than 15 minutes) work a little harder, so let's say you complete a sub-topic in photosynthesis, then take another break. Increase your level of work as the day progresses bc it might be easier that way and most of all believe that it's fun and it'll be fun. Seriously. The more you think it's boring, the less interesting it'll be. - It's all to do with your mind, so try and condition it in a way that will advantage you not diminish your performance.

You can do this, good luck!

Thanks! 😄 I'd rather revise physics, maths or chemistry but biology 2/3 are the first science exams after half term and I hate biology especially after the B1 paper but I can do this!

I will revise B3 now because it is the shortest and I will then do a past paper. I'm writing down definitions too, that's a great idea!! Thanks again and bye. I'll let you know how I got on later today. :biggrin:
Reply 3868
Thanks! 😄 I'd rather revise physics, maths or chemistry but biology 2/3 are the first science exams after half term and I hate biology especially after the B1 paper but I can do this!

I will revise B3 now because it is the shortest and I will then do a past paper. I'm writing down definitions too, that's a great idea!! Thanks again and bye. I'll let you know how I got on later today. :biggrin:

I promise that once you get into it, it'll feel a whole lot easier.- Starting is always the hardest part. :smile:

Sounds fab + yes, please do! <3
Original post by nomophobia
Finally managed to muddle through the D1 paper and I did so badly! I forgot basic things - I need to revise the content first and do some questions on linear programming before I can attempt another past paper.

Anyways, will hopefully do the Biology Specimen paper 1 now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are specimen papers for unit 4?
onto urban decline and regeneration. human geog. had a huge gap goint to the bank and posting some stuff earlier for finances.
Ugh, I feel like my concentration is completely off so I'm just gonna sleep early. Hopefully I'd wake up early tomorrow and study more. Good night x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Done nothing today.
Original post by a.morley
Are specimen papers for unit 4?

No, I'm doing AS, so I'm doing the new spec - not sure what you mean by unit 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
F334 done, got 79/90
gunna do a Biology Unit 2 paper now
(to think 24 days left then i can fix my sleep schedule and hopefully not be tired all the time :woo: )
revising for ICT exam
have it on monday
Reply 3876
I've completed my notes for Group 2 metals. It took me really long. Like, way way way longer than it should've + it's all been a bit slow today but I suppose it's better than nothing. :redface: Hopefully I'll be able to work faster + finish Chem 2 tomorrow.

I'm going to try + go to bed now bc I've been saying it for a while but I would really like to start early tomorrow.

Goodnight + for those who are still going, keep it up! <3
Reply 3877
Original post by TheOtherSide.
I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT WAKING UP EARLY, @Anon_98!

Spoiler

I'm gonna do some revision now, though! :woo:

Physics Unit 2 past paper, and then notes on History. :work:

Spoiler

:mad:

I kid, that's okay xD - don't worry, I didn't either. )))': Awh, I do think it's me that should be apologizing though since I kinda promised that I'd be here twice and I wasn't. )))':

P.S. I hope your Hiatus was successful today + you managed to get lots of work done! Haven't seen you pop up in the thread as "disqualified" yet so I'm hoping you manage to go all the way. You can do this. :woo:
Hi @Anon_98 made notes on alcohols because it is an interesting topic as lots of people drink alcohol and vinegar! Thanks for the motivation.

image.pngThat's only page 1. :biggrin:
Hi @Anon_98 made notes on alcohols because it is an interesting topic as lots of people drink alcohol and vinegar! Thanks for the motivation.

image.pngThat's only page 1. :biggrin:

What about their weak acidity?

Latest

Trending

Trending