The Student Room Group

Year 10's whats your first mock exam?

Mine is English Language and we haven't done anything to do with the language. We studied Literature this year.:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *Alisha*
Mine is English Language and we haven't done anything to do with the language. We studied Literature this year.:frown:

Are you doing the PIXL mock at the end of June? Mine was RE (23rd May) which was probably the worst one to start with. Next is Physics....
Original post by danielwinstanley
Are you doing the PIXL mock at the end of June? Mine was RE (23rd May) which was probably the worst one to start with. Next is Physics....

PIXL Mock? Are you referring to the maths app which I've got. I have RE second and Physics last. RE the easiest GCSE you'll do fine.
PIXL Mock? Are you referring to the maths app which I've got. I have RE second and Physics last. RE the easiest GCSE you'll do fine.

Ahh. PIXL is a company which are helping schools to work out rough grade boundaries so a lot of schools are doing like a paper which will be moderated by PIXL in order to make some rough grade boundaries.
Ahh. PIXL is a company which are helping schools to work out rough grade boundaries so a lot of schools are doing like a paper which will be moderated by PIXL in order to make some rough grade boundaries.

Ohhh I thought we would do the papers that the current year 11's are doing. What day is your RE exam just out of interest?
[QUOTE=*Alisha*;65336705]Ohhh I thought we would do the papers that the current year 11's are doing. What day is your RE exam just out of interest?

My first mock exam was RE on the 23rd May, a couple of weeks back :smile:
My first mock exam was RE on the 23rd May, a couple of weeks back :smile:

Oh my first mock is on the 20th of June (English Language) Goodluck on the rest of your mocks:smile:

Same! 21st June though. We've covered section 2 of paper 2 and that's it for lang this year.
We are doing some real ones early though and we still have those exams up to 27th June!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lemur14
Same! 21st June though. We've covered section 2 of paper 2 and that's it for lang this year.
We are doing some real ones early though and we still have those exams up to 27th June!

Is that science? and on the 21st I've got RE
Is that science? and on the 21st I've got RE

No, we have lang/maths mocks the WB 20th June and our actual Statistics exam plus sciences WB 27th June
We took RE this year so our final exam was 23rd May

They don't normally do mocks in year 10 so this is the first time just because of the PIXL papers which is why we're only doing core subjects
Original post by Lemur14
No, we have lang/maths mocks the WB 20th June and our actual Statistics exam plus sciences WB 27th June
We took RE this year so our final exam was 23rd May

They don't normally do mocks in year 10 so this is the first time just because of the PIXL papers which is why we're only doing core subjects

I've got Maths on the 23rd of June and I'm doing an RE mock. Good luck in your real exams. What exam board were you doing for RE?
I've got Maths on the 23rd of June and I'm doing an RE mock. Good luck in your real exams. What exam board were you doing for RE?

We haven't been given the dates for maths yet (we only got told we had mocks at all on Friday so haven't seen the maths teacher since)
It was AQA B for RE.
Original post by Lemur14
We haven't been given the dates for maths yet (we only got told we had mocks at all on Friday so haven't seen the maths teacher since)
It was AQA B for RE.

For RE I'm doing Edexcel which is pretty easy.
For RE I'm doing Edexcel which is pretty easy.

:smile: I think Edexcel and AQA B are pretty similar but we only did a half course so we only had one unit which was good
Original post by Lemur14
:smile: I think Edexcel and AQA B are pretty similar but we only did a half course so we only had one unit which was good

Yeah same, where doing half a course too.
Reply 15
our school already did our mocks, and i did great in them, i had geography A first
We sat our mocks a few weeks ago. My first was English Language, too!
Tbh they're not too different to English lit - the creative writing section the paper is the easiest to get lots of marks on.
Reply 17
who done the science mock exam paper for biology
what was the first question. It would be very helpful if u could tell me
Reply 18
Yeah same, where doing half a course too.

hve u done the science mock exam paper for biologywhat was the first question. It would be very helpful if u could tell me

What exam board are you doing for English language?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest