The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Do you guys recommend putting ALL of AO1 first, then just do the rest. Or to mix it up?

Also for Duck and Lee's model, the book I'm using has 0 research for it, just loads of evaluation points. So should I try and find some research and apply it to their models, or to just go with the eval points?
Reply 1101
Guys im not going to revise the essays that came up last year like at all... AQA havent ever repeated an essay the year after so im not taking a risk am i?
Reply 1102
Original post by PhoenixBlaze123
Do you guys recommend putting ALL of AO1 first, then just do the rest. Or to mix it up?

Also for Duck and Lee's model, the book I'm using has 0 research for it, just loads of evaluation points. So should I try and find some research and apply it to their models, or to just go with the eval points?

No i wouldnt do that, i'd do A01 for Duck first then evaluate then separately A01 for Lee and evaluate it will look more organised like that
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Dont know how your teacher could call someone numpty, when hes probably helped thousands of students achieve As in psych, besides hes already said they are merely predictions and always advises never to just revise those, but his track record is pretty good, he predicted the psay2 paper correctly.

I'm sure he has, but it's probably best not to rely completely one this person who got an A*, he's not a teacher, he did well in his A Level. He can question spot, and sometimes he's right. But basing predictions merely on patterns isn't always going to work.
Original post by TMC113
I'm sure he has, but it's probably best not to rely completely one this person who got an A*, he's not a teacher, he did well in his A Level. He can question spot, and sometimes he's right. But basing predictions merely on patterns isn't always going to work.

Lol when has he said it does work? Hes said its a prediction, its not like hes saying its definitely these questions.
Original post by PhoenixBlaze123

Original post by Anam
No i wouldnt do that, i'd do A01 for Duck first then evaluate then separately A01 for Lee and evaluate it will look more organised like that

I wouldnt evaluate them seperately otherwise youre not going to have enough since both models are very similar and will make for a harder essay for yourself. I would do the A01 for both and describe and then i did 4 studies 2 of which supported duck and the other 2 were eval whilst one supported lees.
I eval the studies and then i eval as a whole at the end.
how does everyone stay motivated? Like i take breaks regularly and stuff but i literally just can't get much done each day. Like all i've done today is learnt one essay and my goal was to learn three, i'm going out this evening so can't do it then... but i've just been sat here so unmotivated and looking at the essays just gets me down and tired!

any advice to stay motivated/awake enough to revise more than one essay a day? given i have every other essay to learn in a week..
Original post by Anam
Guys im not going to revise the essays that came up last year like at all... AQA havent ever repeated an essay the year after so im not taking a risk am i?

Of course missing anything out is a risk, however given the previous papers and how they havent used the same q i would say it SHOULDNT come up, but who knows. I probably will do the same
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfhuXXDSPAk

This video is a application question from the Media section (Hovland yale model of media persaution) this was requested as people find it hard so please to watch and let me know how it is!
I never really do it on comp so i cant tell how many pages it would be, i normally do 5-6 written pages for each essay that ive memorized

5-6 written pages??!! Is your handwriting larger than average? Mine are normally just under 3 😩
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
5-6 written pages??!! Is your handwriting larger than average? Mine are normally just under 3 😩

I dont want to sound like a d... but surely 3 pages hand written seems less? Especially because writing upto 4 studies alone with eval can easily take upto 2 sides or more add in a01 points and a03 points it would be more?

Ive put a pic of my timed essays ill send one now so you can tell me if its small or large writing.

they are double sided so 5-6 sides for an essay.
Original post by evekay
how does everyone stay motivated? Like i take breaks regularly and stuff but i literally just can't get much done each day. Like all i've done today is learnt one essay and my goal was to learn three, i'm going out this evening so can't do it then... but i've just been sat here so unmotivated and looking at the essays just gets me down and tired!

any advice to stay motivated/awake enough to revise more than one essay a day? given i have every other essay to learn in a week..

Im in the same boat i said to myself im going to do atleast 3 today but only done 1... Im just going to try and do another one now and hopefully finish relationships today and to keep motivated just think about uni, the chance of studying something you want freedom fun enjoyment, much better than boring college life.
I dont want to sound like a d... but surely 3 pages hand written seems less? Especially because writing upto 4 studies alone with eval can easily take upto 2 sides or more add in a01 points and a03 points it would be more?

Ive put a pic of my timed essays ill send one now so you can tell me if its small or large writing.

Mine are normally around this length too, my writing is slightly smaller so around 4/5 pages average :h:
Original post by A-LJLB
Mine are normally around this length too, my writing is slightly smaller so around 4/5 pages average :h:

Yeh i dont know how i could fit everything to a good detail in less than 3 pages? Seems like i would miss alot of stuff out.
Im in the same boat i said to myself im going to do atleast 3 today but only done 1... Im just going to try and do another one now and hopefully finish relationships today and to keep motivated just think about uni, the chance of studying something you want freedom fun enjoyment, much better than boring college life.

i'm not going to uni aha! And i do distance learning so i don't go to school/college/sixth form.. but literally the essay i learnt today is the only one i've learnt altogther..

Content wise I would say we cover about the same, I think your handwriting is considerably larger than mine as my average words per line is about 15/16 and yours is a lot less so in hoping that's the reason because after marking my essays my teacher has said that my 3 side essays are all about 19/20 marks wise out of 24 but honestly I don't think I'll really know until results day😩
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Content wise I would say we cover about the same, I think your handwriting is considerably larger than mine as my average words per line is about 15/16 and yours is a lot less so in hoping that's the reason because after marking my essays my teacher has said that my 3 side essays are all about 19/20 marks wise out of 24 but honestly I don't think I'll really know until results day😩

wow 15 to 16 is so small! I can write smaller its just when under time conditions my hand just has a mind of its own and just tends to scribble down everything,
wow 15 to 16 is so small! I can write smaller its just when under time conditions my hand just has a mind of its own and just tends to scribble down everything,

Ok I was a bit sad I counted the words on your first pass which was circa 140 lol and on average I write 300 words a side so I think if I wrote bigger we would probably be the same lol😂
Hi it seems no one has made a thread for the AQA 2016 psychology i could only find the 2015 one, and the 2016 OCR one, so i thought ill make one.

Psychology 2015 grades

AS grade B
A2 predicted A

for unit 3 i'm doing sleep relationships and aggression for unit 4 addiction depression and research methods.

Feel free to ask any questions

Heya,
I planned to retake PSY3 but Ive thinking about and I'm not sure I really want to. I was just wondering if anyone knows what will happen if I don't go to the exam?
Good luck with all your exams btw
XX
Original post by imo.sheehan
Heya,
I planned to retake PSY3 but Ive thinking about and I'm not sure I really want to. I was just wondering if anyone knows what will happen if I don't go to the exam?
Good luck with all your exams btw
XX

I think it comes up on your ucas or results with something like an X, where you didnt take the exam, not a U, surely theres no harm in retaking it if you already entered yourself, in my college theres a fine and penalty for missing an exam since it costs the college alot of money to enter us and sort out the minor details.

Latest

Trending

Trending