The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How much time are people aiming to spend on AO1 and AO2/3 Separately?
Original post by toetothunder
How much time are people aiming to spend on AO1 and AO2/3 Separately?

Ao1 -10-12minutes
Ao2 - 18-20 minutes
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
I think it comes up on your ucas or results with something like an X, where you didnt take the exam, not a U, surely theres no harm in retaking it if you already entered yourself, in my college theres a fine and penalty for missing an exam since it costs the college alot of money to enter us and sort out the minor details.

Ok thanks for the help :smile: Do you know if it will effect my overall grade or will just stay the same? It's just that I haven't done any revision for it as I'm also retaking my English Literature A2 and I'm doing English Literature at University so I prioritised d it
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Ao1 -10-12minutes
Ao2 - 18-20 minutes

Thank you! approximately how many paragraohs do you intend to write for AO2? I know it differs depending on essay lol. Im just freaking out a bit because ive only learned 3 AO2 paragraphs for each essay but not sure if this is enough. they are very detailed though, with multiple points lol
Original post by imo.sheehan
Ok thanks for the help :smile: Do you know if it will effect my overall grade or will just stay the same? It's just that I haven't done any revision for it as I'm also retaking my English Literature A2 and I'm doing English Literature at University so I prioritised d it

No like i said it will stay the same, even if you resat they always take your best grade anyway.
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
No like i said it will stay the same, even if you resat they always take your best grade anyway.

Ok thank you so much!! Good luck with your exams
Thank you! approximately how many paragraohs do you intend to write for AO2? I know it differs depending on essay lol. Im just freaking out a bit because ive only learned 3 AO2 paragraphs for each essay but not sure if this is enough. they are very detailed though, with multiple points lol

Roughly 4-6 paragraphs for a02 and they are very detailed, you could always learn one more paragraph for each essay, or adapt a paragraph from another to fit in, for example in gender, you could use a study from the biosocial approach to explain why the biological approach is reductionist because it doesn't take into account other factors like social influences and reduces us down to our genes...
I've given up with exogenous zeitgebers - the evaluation is too all over the place and there's not enough studies I can find that actually hugging EZ rather than EP, loopa is no help either.

I'm just going to move on because it's frustrating me too much!
Original post by evekay
i'm not going to uni aha! And i do distance learning so i don't go to school/college/sixth form.. but literally the essay i learnt today is the only one i've learnt altogther..

I can completely relate to the lack of motivation caused by distance learning, even worse is the feeling that everything you're revising isn't correct due to never having anything marked...

I can't offer much advice but yesterday I did some calculations involving my other subjects and realised I'm quite a bit behind where I should be and so that scared me and gave me the kick I needed.

Another thing I find helpful is if I'm lacking in motivation I just move onto a topic I find more interesting/ easy (for me this is probably relationships and schizophrenia). Then when I'm feeling positive with what I've got through there I'll go back. This feels unnatural because I like going through in order but it doesn't actually matter ofc. Make sure you change up how you're learning essays too, even if its just simple stuff like typing for a while instead of handwriting.
Do you think it one of your parents/guardians worked for AQA and wrote the paper they'd tell you what would come up?

I'm praying one y'all parents/guardians wrote the PSYA3/4 papers 🤔😭😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Btw, for a question on breakdown of relationships, have you guys prepared two full theorys, I am just thinking include Ducks reasons, followed by his model? I have like 7 good A02/A03 points for all of that?
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Roughly 4-6 paragraphs for a02 and they are very detailed, you could always learn one more paragraph for each essay, or adapt a paragraph from another to fit in, for example in gender, you could use a study from the biosocial approach to explain why the biological approach is reductionist because it doesn't take into account other factors like social influences and reduces us down to our genes...

hmm I think I'll go with 4 AO2 paragraphs then, as time is sometimes a problem for me because I learn straight from the textbook so I sometimes write too much AO1 at times lol
Original post by aimsnaywux
Do you think it one of your parents/guardians worked for AQA and wrote the paper they'd tell you what would come up?

I'm praying one y'all parents/guardians wrote the PSYA3/4 papers 🤔😭😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even if they did they couldn't say 😂 I doubt their own kids would know either, unless they pull a sly one
hey is anyone gonna learn the essays that come up last year?
Can you write about the same IDA twice in one essay?
Original post by yazo26
hey is anyone gonna learn the essays that come up last year?

Yeah I will, better safe than sorry
Can you write about the same IDA twice in one essay?

No? How would that work?
Original post by A-LJLB
No? How would that work?

Like if I write about 2 separate studies for 2 different theories and find them both to be reductionist
Like if I write about 2 separate studies for 2 different theories and find them both to be reductionist

One essay would be on one theory though? Unless you mean explanations, which are different. But no, you wouldn't be marked twice for the same one
Original post by A-LJLB
One essay would be on one theory though? Unless you mean explanations, which are different. But no, you wouldn't be marked twice for the same one

Just wondering how much IDA points you need to access full marks?