The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Hi guys im doing Conflicts and weather and climate as my 25 markers and plate tectonics as my 40 marker. Whats a your predictions, will be very appreciated
Reply 381
Original post by bat_man
mexico city, mumbai.

What is an example of a planning and managment question?
Reply 382
For development and globalisation what is likely to come up in terms of short questions?
Original post by thatgr
My body is ready for A2 geog

Shut up bonobo
Plate tectonics 40 mark question; any ideas on predictions?
Original post by Alexturnock123
Plate tectonics 40 mark question; any ideas on predictions?

Most obvious prediction is plate tectonics theory but it's not guaranteed..people last year probably thought it would come up!
Has anyone got any notes they can send me on planning and management issues for world cities?
Original post by markwedwards98
Hi, how would you answer a Plate Theory 40 marker for the Tectonics section? I have no idea how to answer them and it looks like one may possibly come up this year!!

Hi there
It may be good to start with a basic description of what exactly the 'theory of plate tectonics is' to set the basis for the question.
I would then start from the beginning with evidence from Wegener (continental drift) which LED to plate tectonic theory, do not get these mixed up. I would then go onto the following evidence e.g. sea-floor spreading, palaeomagnetism etc. Convection currents,etc.
Then you could go onto the distribution of earthquakes/volcanoes and the plate boundaries they occur upon, which is fully relevant to the question as the distribution of these supports plate tectonic theory.
It is also valuable to point out hotspots and how this doesn't necessarily support plate tectonic theory as they are just random plumes rising from depths that we do not know much about. However, the way we can see island chains develop is evidence for, as the plate moves over the hotspot creating various volcanoes (hawaii), showing evidence of convection currents and therefore plate tectonics.

It may be useful to look at past mark schemes of these type of questions as they have bullet pointed areas that one may include.

Hope this helps!
Original post by Atomicmat
Most obvious prediction is plate tectonics theory but it's not guaranteed..people last year probably thought it would come up!

I kind of hope it's plate tectonics theory like how many seismic and volanic activity questions can they do there's been like 8 :/
[QUOTE=tcameron;65339389]I kind of hope it's plate tectonics theory like how many seismic and volanic activity questions can they do there's been like 8 :/

Exactly! But who knows, it's possible they'll spring another one on us :/
Reply 390
Sort development and globalisation questions???
Original post by benjithestrange
Hi, any predictions for conflict 40 marker? Any short answers predictions for tectonics and development would be appreciated too! Thanks

Multiculturalism seems to be a strong contender for the conflicts 40 marker.
Reply 392
Original post by Sonnal
Hi!

I was thinking for world cities, the 40 marker could possibly be specific to transport management, as the examiner has recently published a report to do with Dhaka's transport system and stuff and apparently he loves to ask questions around his writing!

What does everyone else think?

For plate tectonics, I reckon it will be more seismic activity based. Measuring seismicity and the different waves hasn't featured for a while!

In terms of sustainability?
Reply 393
Original post by SJJ97
In terms of sustainability?

Yes, but it might be specific to transport and transport management is mentioned as a point on the specification
Reply 394
Original post by Sonnal
Yes, but it might be specific to transport and transport management is mentioned as a point on the specification

Yeah we predicted sustainability as a 40 marker! What other topics you doing?
predictions for ecosystems or globalisation short markers? thanks!!1
Original post by badboyblonde69
predictions for ecosystems or globalisation short markers? thanks!!1

Ecosystems
7 marker - unplanned / planned species
8 marker - animal adaptations
10 marker - tropical biome characteristics

What grade does everyone need in geography? How did you all do last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tcameron
I kind of hope it's plate tectonics theory like how many seismic and volanic activity questions can they do there's been like 8 :/

It's either theory question or a earthquake question for the 40. Or AQA may be dirty and give another volcano question
Original post by Sacred Ground
Ecosystems
7 marker - unplanned / planned species
8 marker - animal adaptations
10 marker - tropical biome characteristics

What grade does everyone need in geography? How did you all do last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would they really do characteristics for a 10 marker tho? Also isn't the 7 marker generally linked to the other questions?
Original post by Atomicmat
Would they really do characteristics for a 10 marker tho? Also isn't the 7 marker generally linked to the other questions?

Yes, but I think they'll link planned and unplanned species to a figure. Why wouldn't they do characteristics as a 10 marker? There's lots to talk about and lots of case study info. I could write 3 pages on it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending