The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mathsmusicfrench
Haven't heard from 1GIS or GC. Nor any of the others - all say applied. I take comfort that they are not mentioned above. I do not take comfort from how close to exams the application process was! Bring on January next year!!

Completely agree, balancing pupillage applications with exam revision was total hell. January will be a welcome change.
(edited 7 years ago)
Right all of my applications still just say 'applied', no emails, nothing :frown:

Someone on here claimed interviews for Doughty St were out but mine still says applied, assuming I've been rejected by silence then...?
Isn't it time to have a rejected by silence shame list? All those chambers that don't even bother to send a quick and pleasant email to acknowledge the effort you put in, and wish you well for other applications, whilst saying no thank you? Such a supposedly polite profession seemingly blighted by lack of consideration. Of course email is so expensive...
Perhaps the Bar Council should make it a requirement of the whole process that no-one is left hanging in silent rejection.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by pizzaprincess
Right all of my applications still just say 'applied', no emails, nothing :frown:

Someone on here claimed interviews for Doughty St were out but mine still says applied, assuming I've been rejected by silence then...?

I think it was established earlier in thread that the claim could have been false as nobody knows anyone who has heard back. Always a chance it's true but many are remaining hopeful on that front

Posted from TSR Mobile
My 4BB has just changed to unsuccessful on gateway too.
Original post by LegalLab
I think it was established earlier in thread that the claim could have been false as nobody knows anyone who has heard back. Always a chance it's true but many are remaining hopeful on that front

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks LegalLab that makes me feel slightly less despondent. This whole process is so frustrating. Everytime I see that stupid 'applied' sitting there I irrationally want to hit withdraw application.
Anyone heard from atlantic chambers or st johns buildings (manc)
Original post by pizzaprincess
Thanks LegalLab that makes me feel slightly less despondent. This whole process is so frustrating. Everytime I see that stupid 'applied' sitting there I irrationally want to hit withdraw application.

I know exactly how you feel there are 2 chambers (3 if the doughty street rumour is true) on mine where I know they have informed successful candidates but haven't changed gateway

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's definitely frustrating but I think a lot of chambers won't be sending out invites for at least another week... My only reason for saying that is I know 5 Essex Court said they'd notify us by 13 June, but that's still nearly 2 weeks away.

Don't give up hope! There are (presumably) a lot of applications to get through, so just keep gritting your teeth and avoid that withdraw button! :wink:
Original post by wannabeebar
It's definitely frustrating but I think a lot of chambers won't be sending out invites for at least another week... My only reason for saying that is I know 5 Essex Court said they'd notify us by 13 June, but that's still nearly 2 weeks away.

Don't give up hope! There are (presumably) a lot of applications to get through, so just keep gritting your teeth and avoid that withdraw button! :wink:

Yeah you're right I just need to put it out of my mind and be patient. Thank you! It's good to have this forum to at least somehow know where you stand!
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone else applied to 6 pump court? Any news?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pupillage2017
Anyone else applied to 6 pump court? Any news?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applied but no news!
Is it a rule of thumb that rejections go out at the same time as interviews (non-PG)? Or can they reject after the pupil is chosen? I am beginning to lose hope for a non-PG.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pjs736_student
Isn't it time to have a rejected by silence shame list? All those chambers that don't even bother to send a quick and pleasant email to acknowledge the effort you put in, and wish you well for other applications, whilst saying no thank you? Such a supposedly polite profession seemingly blighted by lack of consideration. Of course email is so expensive...
Perhaps the Bar Council should make it a requirement of the whole process that no-one is left hanging in silent rejection.

I agree, rejecting my silence is rude. It doesn't take much to send a mass 'dear applicant' email to all unsuccessful people. You can do it all in one go and just hide all the other emails. Oh well, this seems to be the graduate market now...
Original post by gapyear22
Is it a rule of thumb that rejections go out at the same time as interviews (non-PG)? Or can they reject after the pupil is chosen? I am beginning to lose hope for a non-PG.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would agree with SevenAteNine that generally rejections are usually pretty close to offers for interview (sometimes even before interviews go out).

It does depend on the chambers (I've had my gateway status change several months after offers go out and even had a chambers offer interview months after offers in January - they were a gateway set!).

Don't immediately give up hope if you see others with interviews as sometimes sets send interviews out in rounds - I would recommend trying to just use the wait and see method. If it's a couple of months and nothing odds are it's a silent rejection but you never know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks so much LegalPoodle and SevenAteNine. They stress has got my brain wondering all sorts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pjs736_student

I couldn't agree more! To spend the best part of 2 weeks formulating your application and chambers not even having the decency to spare 5 minutes for a "thanks no thanks" email is shameful. The worse part is that PG chambers can just click a button for bulk rejections! My 3 Hare Court and 36BR applications from 2014 still says "applied" on PG.

I appreciate chambers get hundreds of applications, however, for those of us applying for the 3rd year….we have literally done hundreds of applications too. There is just no excuse for silent rejections.
Original post by Barelylegalz
Has anyone had 'unsuccessful' appear for Pump Court on gateway?

Mine still says 'applied'

Posted from TSR Mobile
My One Essex Court status has gone from 'assessment' back to 'applied' - anybody else have the same or different?
Original post by frosty321
My One Essex Court status has gone from 'assessment' back to 'applied' - anybody else have the same or different?

Mine has changed back to applied, too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending