The Student Room Group

why is Islam stereotyped so much?

around the world muslims are persecuted and discriminated jus for being a muslim. is there anyone that can justify this.

Scroll to see replies

hello is anyone gonna reply cuz im getting bored
Original post by Thanbir.33
around the world muslims are persecuted and discriminated jus for being a muslim. is there anyone that can justify this.

Reply 3
Original post by poundsoffat

prove tome they are muslims
people mock things they don't understand

I do sympathise with people who are persecuted just for being Muslims and have always stood up to anti-Muslim bigotry when I come across it. However you make it sound like this is only happening to Muslims or that they are suffering worst than any other minority. Have you spared any thought for the religious minorities bring mistreated in many Muslim countries? Any time I mention this to my Muslim friends they suddenly lose their passion for speaking up for the oppressed.
(edited 7 years ago)
prove tome they are muslims

They're not, i wouldn't ever think that in any dimension
Because it can be.
Original post by WBZ144
I do sympathise with people who are persecuted just for being Muslims and have always stood up to anti-Muslim bigotry when I come across it. However you make it sound like this is only happening to Muslims or that they are suffering worst than any other minority. Have you spared any thought for the religious minorities bring mistreated in many Muslim country? Any time I mention this to my Muslim friends they suddenly lose their passion for speaking up for the oppressed.

please elaborate
because it makes the right wing children on this website feel good to speak out as great trailblazers in human cultural understanding... to a group of students lmao
Reply 10
islam is not stereotyped lol when people say shocking things about the religion theyre mostly true

muslims however are stereotyped
only a minority of muslims follow islam accurately

Israeli
Secret
Intelligence
Services
Original post by *Alisha*
Israeli
Secret
Intelligence
Services

I'm asking why muslims are being persecuted, don't start stereotyping all Isrealis or Jews since the unorthodox Jews are actually good people
I'm asking why muslims are being persecuted, don't start stereotyping all Isrealis or Jews since the unorthodox Jews are actually good people

Because stupid people think that since some "muslims" i.e. ISIS are terrorising everywhere then all muslims must be terrorists which is frankly, stupid but y'know MURICA
Original post by dnr_23
islam is not stereotyped lol when people say shocking things about the religion theyre mostly true

there are many religious factions in Islam some are actually out of the fold of Islam since they disagree with a fundamental principle of Islam; which the belief that Prophet Muhammad is the final prophet
Original post by Anonymous
please elaborate

And example is the treatment of Christian minorities in Egypt and Pakistan. They don't have the same rights as Muslims and the religious freedom is limited. Are you familiar with the case of Asia Bible?
Because stupid people think that since some "muslims" i.e. ISIS are terrorising everywhere then all muslims must be terrorists which is frankly, stupid but y'know MURICA

thank you
thank you

but y'know ignorace and big ego's stop people from realising this simple easy fact
Original post by dnr_23

There isn't an accurate way of following a religion. It all comes down to your interpretation.
but y'know ignorace and big ego's stop people from realising this simple easy fact

haters gonna hate isn't it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending