The Student Room Group

Is maths genie good

I received a 'predicted paper' for maths the other day(our exam board is edexcel) and on the paper it says it's from a website called 'Mathsgenie.co.uk' which i've never heard of.... I was just wondering as in regards to whether it is good for revision and whether they get predict alot of the material correctly in the 'predicted paper'.

PS> i also use a site called onmaths for the same purpose and wanted some guidance on this site too?

Kind regards,

Hamza Hussain
mathgenie is good but have a look here. PiXl is very good
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4044923&page=4
I have never used on maths but mathsgenie is good and PiXL is also good. I would say the best thing though is to practice weaker topics.
Original post by Cryptokyo
Original post by bamzy123
I received a 'predicted paper' for maths the other day(our exam board is edexcel) and on the paper it says it's from a website called 'Mathsgenie.co.uk' which i've never heard of.... I was just wondering as in regards to whether it is good for revision and whether they get predict alot of the material correctly in the 'predicted paper'.

PS> i also use a site called onmaths for the same purpose and wanted some guidance on this site too?

Kind regards,

Hamza Hussain

Yep, I use it a lot when it comes to revising maths as it has videos explaining different topics clearly and topic based tests. Highly recommended:smile:
Is maths genie just normal gcse or does it cover iGCSE as well?
Reply 5

My school dont use PiXL. Any chance i could borrow your account datails for like... the next week.
Follow the link to the thread. It has the papers on it.
Original post by bamzy123
My school dont use PiXL. Any chance i could borrow your account datails for like... the next week.
Reply 7

Thanks!
Maybe see if their predictions for the paper you've already done were accurate or not
Reply 9
Hello Can you confirm that the questions on Maths Genie are correct? I have noticed a few which I feel are incorrect such as (2t^-3)-2 being 1/4t^6, I make this out to be 64t^6I am unsure whether I am wrong as I though raising powers to a power would mean (x) them and if you (x) 2 negatives it makes a positive and 2 raised to 6 would be 64 not a quater? Thanks
Original post by Conor ob
Hello Can you confirm that the questions on Maths Genie are correct? I have noticed a few which I feel are incorrect such as (2t^-3)-2 being 1/4t^6, I make this out to be 64t^6I am unsure whether I am wrong as I though raising powers to a power would mean (x) them and if you (x) 2 negatives it makes a positive and 2 raised to 6 would be 64 not a quater? Thanks

Im not saying there are no mistakes in mathsgenie but I haven't found any.
Y ou are making a fairly common error when applying indices to numbers inside brackets.
The power of -3 is only connected to the t, and not the 2
(2t^-3)^-2 = 2^-2 x (t-^3)^-2
Reply 11
For maths what do you do at GCSEs level

Shuuuuush!

Quick Reply

Latest