The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SunDun111
Just wondering how much IDA points you need to access full marks?

Only one, and although I tend to do more the textbook actually says not to do more than two
Original post by A-LJLB
Only one, and although I tend to do more the textbook actually says not to do more than two

eh you sure? The Loopa guy says 2 and so does my teacher who says 'minimum of two' though i doubt my teacher, i think she is a bit outdated which i why i asked on here
Original post by A-LJLB

This is true, but there is no separate mark for AO2 and AO3, so IDA could count as AO2 so really there's no limit to the IDA you could do - if it suits the essay, include it.
eh you sure? The Loopa guy says 2 and so does my teacher who says 'minimum of two' though i doubt my teacher, i think she is a bit outdated which i why i asked on here

Yeo, it's in the textbook, but I always do more :smile:

Original post by peterpotatoes
This is true, but there is no separate mark for AO2 and AO3, so IDA could count as AO2 so really there's no limit to the IDA you could do - if it suits the essay, include it.

Not technically true, examiners do tend to allocate certain marks to evaluation and studies, and then marks to IDA. So although we just see it as 8+16, it's apparently marked slightly differently
Could you in theory, for example write 2 Ida's saying it is reductionist and still get the top marks, e.g. The biological approach to gender development is reductionist bc: doesn't take into account learning (gender schema theory) or social influences,
Where you would write a fully developed point on either
Im doing Relationships Aggression and Intelligence. They seem to like doing splits in intelligence (like 4+8) and have done quite a few 4+16 in aggression, which is grim, do you think they could do that this year?

Also, in Jan 2012 for intelligence they did 8 AO1 marks for classical conditioning, then they wanted 16 AO2 marks on intelligence in non human animals which barely has anything to do with classical and is a whole different essay, so essentally they wanted us to evaluate something without writing any AO1 points about it, which frankly is harsh af. Do think this is likely to happen again? Tbf it was ages ago (idk have they changed the spec since?)
Original post by Bailey2j09
To get an A* you need enough UMS for an A which is 320 and need to average 90% in A2 papers

For last year's PSYA3 paper you needed 51/72 to get an A*. Does that mean that if you get 51/72, you will get 90 UMS?
Btw, for a question on breakdown of relationships, have you guys prepared two full theorys, I am just thinking include Ducks reasons, followed by his model? I have like 7 good A02/A03 points for all of that?

It depends, if its a 24 marker, they may well ask for 2 theories. If you mean though rollie and duck's 6 stage model and then duck's reasons for breakdown (lack of skills, stimulation and maintenance issues) then that is 2 theories
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hihihi123
It depends, if its a 24 marker, they may well ask for 2 theories. If you mean though rollie and duck's 6 stage model and then duck's reasons for breakdown (lack of skills, stimulation and maintenance issues) then that is 2 theories

Oh ok.. thats what i mean
What do you guys reckon will get 16/24 marks? How many AO1 points, AO2/3 points, IDA

> since that's an A* apparently, unless they raise the boundaries.
Heyy! does anyone have any teacher marked essays that they are willing to dm so I can compare against my teachers marks so I can get a feel for what they are looking for? I am willing to send my essays too!
Im doing
Relationships, Schizophrenia, eating behaviour and gender!
thanks in advance :smile:
does anyone do psychology and history and if so, how are you managing revision because i'm currently dying??
Original post by PhoenixBlaze123
What do you guys reckon will get 16/24 marks? How many AO1 points, AO2/3 points, IDA

I would say just go into as much depth as possible for yr ao1 and do double that for AO2 include about 3-4 paragraphs for research evaluation(include strengths and weaknesses), and then 1 IDA and some methodological points to top it off!
Reply 1154
Aggression predictions?
Original post by l0nelynight
does anyone do psychology and history and if so, how are you managing revision because i'm currently dying??

I do! And I haven't started history yet, considering its next Friday and I need an A in history and A* in psychology
I am a mess, so unprepared it's laughable
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
I do! And I haven't started history yet, considering its next Friday and I need an A in history and A* in psychology
I am a mess, so unprepared it's laughable

yeah i'm predicted an a* in history and film, both exams on the friday and i've not started either so don't worry, i'm just as much a mess currently, i may start history tomorrow considering i know nothing!
Original post by A-LJLB
I've given up with exogenous zeitgebers - the evaluation is too all over the place and there's not enough studies I can find that actually hugging EZ rather than EP, loopa is no help either.

I'm just going to move on because it's frustrating me too much!

Murphy and Campbell?
Original post by PhoenixBlaze123

Ensure your paragraphs flow.
Original post by TMC113
Murphy and Campbell?

Yeah I've got them! That's about it haha. My AO1 is perfect, and then there's that study but as for the rest in totally uncertain on it haha

Latest

Trending

Trending