The Student Room Group

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Often IQ doesnt matter its how hard they wanna work. Hell, if a black person has half the Iq but works 3x harder, they would be hired any day. Skin colour doesnt matter.
Original post by WBZ144
Lol I've worked in banking and could surpass him at his stupid job within half a decade if I decided to stay in the financial services industry.

My whole family (I have a big family) are either at university or are qualified professionals with degrees. My mum is one of the cleverest women I have ever met.

In America the most highly educated group is the African immigrants. So yeah, that banker hasn't a clue what he is talking about.

My spelling and grammar is also heaps better than yours. It is unlikely that you will be in a position in which you would need to consider whether or not to hire Black people.

This is so perfect.
Original post by TrueDetective01
Shouldn't this serve as motivation for blacks to prove this banker otherwise? As usual, people on here are getting emotional for no reason

I don't feel the need to prove anything to an irrelevant person in an irrelevant job. My achievements are for myself and my loved ones.
Original post by george-90
Yeah yeah. All that and you can't even comprehend how Black immigrants in the UK are the most uneducated and poorest of all major ethnic groups. Get a grasp of the context before bringing up irrelevancies like the Nigerian sub-group in the US.

You got an E in maths why are you acting smart for?

What she said was wholly relevant and just shows how racists use stereotypes and assert them as facts.
Yeah yeah. All that and you can't even comprehend how Black immigrants in the UK are the most uneducated and poorest of all major ethnic groups. Get a grasp of the context before bringing up irrelevancies like the Nigerian sub-group in the US.

Do you have stats to prove that Blacks in the UK are the least educated?
Original post by WBZ144
Do you have stats to prove that Blacks in the UK are the least educated?

Of course he doesnt, and he's stupid, he doesnt realise things like social and economic factors should also be factored, not just "you are x race, therefore you are smart/dumb"
Yes, it is.
Original post by Legendary Quest
This is so perfect.

:smile:
Original post by WBZ144
I don't feel the need to prove anything to an irrelevant person in an irrelevant job. My achievements are for myself and my loved ones.

You did work hard to get where you are, no? You should have just laughed it off yet you got emotional :s-smilie:
Original post by Kaiylar
I'm sorry to tell you this very unrelated point, but a potato is a vegetable. :colondollar:

there's always one.... :unimpressed:
Original post by lolatmaths
standard closet racist, there's many of them particularly in the upper class who try to veil it with silly logic.

I wouldn't call it closet racism. It's pretty overt.
Of course it's racist , you can't have a generalized statement lumping all black people , the President of the US is practically black lmao.

The banker just seems to be out of touch , very out of touch.
Original post by e aí rapaz
I wouldn't call it closet racism. It's pretty overt.

True, but if you asked the idiot he would probably say he isnt.
You got an E in maths why are you acting smart for?

What she said was wholly relevant and just shows how racists use stereotypes and assert them as facts.

Did you read under what circumstances that E was achieved? It has nothing to do with intelligence. I was dropping maths so I simply turned up to the exam because I had to be there. Surely a smart person would be able to infer something so basic. Evidently you are not.

What she said is not relevant. She is talking about a tiny Nigerian minority in the USA, whereas the banker is talking about the typical black youth in the UK. Surely I'm smarter than both of you if you are unable to comprehend this.

Go on, try and out-reason me, no ad-hominem, simply rational argument. You're not going to be able to.
Original post by physicsphysics91
IQ tests done by race show Asian > White > Black though.

So why is everyone in India stupid then?
(edited 7 years ago)
source?

He doesnt have a source. It's literal BS he just made up.
Original post by physicsphysics91
IQ tests done by race show Asian > White > Black though.

IQ is not immutable. And people are known to present results in a way that benefits them or supports their opinion. Soo its still irrelevant. And no **** OP its obviously a racist comment. The same way if it said "men" instead of black it would be sexist
Original post by Nidhoggr
So why is everyone in India stupid then?

Is this racist? I mean you are generalising how all Indians are stupid
Did you read under what circumstances that E was achieved? It has nothing to do with intelligence. I was dropping maths so I simply turned up to the exam because I had to be there. Surely a smart person would be able to infer something so basic. Evidently you are not.

What she said is not relevant. She is talking about a tiny Nigerian minority in the USA, whereas the banker is talking about the typical black youth in the UK. Surely I'm smarter than both of you if you are unable to comprehend this.

Go on, try and out-reason me, no ad-hominem, simply rational argument. You're not going to be able to.

Nah you're just an idiot. Dont give excuses for your stupidity.

You think race determines intelligence? i.e. you're either born smart or dumb? Well, social and economic circumstances account to much more, to the point where the 3 genotypes that are vaguely linked with intelligence is completely negligible. In general, blacks live under worse circumstances, hence a correlation can be seen, but not arising from being born like that.
Original post by TrueDetective01
Is this racist? I mean you are generalising how all Indians are stupid

That's the point.

OP is pulling BS out of his ass and stating it as fact, so i did the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending