The Student Room Group

Cisco assessment help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ALEXIS120
One last thing, what version of packet tracer did you use?

Packet tracer 6.2 Student Version

6.3 requires you to put in your netacad details, which tbh is what Packet Tracer is really meant for. I do prefer GNS 3, but packet tracer is so light on resources!

Original post by Binary Freak
Well @The_Internet is the one who done it (I was going to do it, and just forgot by morning) but I managed to open it with 6.2 (Student).

Also used 6.2 Student :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
@Binary Freak I'd be interested in knowing what route you put in, to ping the server?

I had

CR1(config)#ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 s0/0/0

Now there's a STUPID mistake here somewhere, but...where? :biggrin:
Original post by The_Internet
Also used 6.2 Student :smile:

:yikes:

@ALEXIS120

What I said below is the incorrect way of doing it
@ALEXIS120 - If you download it and encounter the same problem myself and @The_Internet did then for the WLAN PC, then set the IP configuration to static using: IP Address: 192.168.1.100Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0Default Gateway: 192.168.1.2
The problem itself is that the Internet Address settings weren't configured (static) on the Linksys.
:yikes:

@ALEXIS120

What I said below is the incorrect way of doing itThe problem itself is that the Internet Address settings weren't configured (static) on the Linksys.
Ah yes. Stupid mistake of mine number two :biggrin: Equally they could setup DHCP on the real router tbbh
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The_Internet
@Binary Freak I'd be interested in knowing what route you put in, to ping the server?

I had

CR1(config)#ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 s0/0/0

Now there's a STUPID mistake here somewhere, but...where? :biggrin:

The server? Or the Lo0? I was able to ping the Lo0 (What it asked for), without the route I added. As for the server itself I haven't checked that.

As for the STUPID mistake, can't say as I see it (yet). Fancy enlightening? :tongue:
The server? Or the Lo0? I was able to ping the Lo0 (What it asked for), without the route I added. As for the server itself I haven't checked that.

As for the STUPID mistake, can't say as I see it (yet). Fancy enlightening? :tongue:

Ah the server itself. The assignment didn't ask for that tbf. I was able to ping the loopback. Stupid mistake being why I can't ping to server

Tbh in the real world, you should never really be able to ping a server in an ISP any way. Also assuming the customer device is actually a CPE device, then you as the ISP would also have full control and should only need to ping the directly connected interface.
Reply 26
@Binary Freak Hi I understand the problem now thank you
Do you have the final working file if possible?
Original post by ALEXIS120
@Binary Freak Hi I understand the problem now thank you
Do you have the final working file if possible?

No problem!! :smile:

Nope, not really competent in the area of wireless networking! :sad:

This video might help though - Click Me
No problem!! :smile:

Nope, not really competent in the area of wireless networking! :sad:

This video might help though - Click Me

Tbh with "wireless networking" you would never ever use a WRT300N, except in a home environment, especially as Cisco kinda sold Linksys off. These days, you have the Cisco APs, and the Cisco WLCs. As time goes on, you'll maybe realise if you haven't already that Cisco tend not to innovate so much any more. They just keep buying companies, and there you go. Boom, Cisco suddenly has a new product.

This being said, you would also never ever use RIP, unless you're Thompson Reuters in a single office somewhere... :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest