The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics new spec in 5 days!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WhyAlwaysMe?!
Was it part of the set 1 papers or set 2 papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

set 2
Reply 21
Original post by blues123
just got 30/70 on the specimen paper :frown:. Any tips

For them questions you need to think outside the box. On set 2 they have asked questions to do with real life senarios so you probably know how to do the questions you just may not of understood it correctly so I recommend going through the mark scheme and seeing where you went wrong and try figuring out why you went wrong and correcting it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
guys iam so worried about tomorow
Original post by blues123
set 2

I wouldn't worry too much then - those papers were ridiculously difficult and the mark schemes were very harsh. Hopefully we get a nice paper tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ravioliyears
What the hell even was that :confused:

Believe me, thousands of physics students share your confusion. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Believe me, thousands of physics students share your confusion. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing the 4th question rn, and I'm just thinking wtf... I've looked at the mark scheme and I can just see random values and idek how they got there :/ I WAS confident, not too sure now :/
EDIT: I know how they got there now :/ ----> Nope, still lost.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm doing the 4th question rn, and I'm just thinking wtf... I've looked at the mark scheme and I can just see random values and idek how they got there :/ I WAS confident, not too sure now :/
EDIT: I know how they got there now :/ ----> Nope, still lost.

I wouldn't worry too much about those papers. The mark schemes are very strict (as these mark schemes don't go through the standard process of checking) and the papers themselves are ridiculously difficult. Fingers crossed we get a nicer paper tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't worry too much about those papers. The mark schemes are very strict (as these mark schemes don't go through the standard process of checking) and the papers themselves are ridiculously difficult. Fingers crossed we get a nicer paper tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

These are just beyond ridiculous!! I found the specimen paper on the aqa website easier :s-smilie:
These are just beyond ridiculous!! I found the specimen paper on the aqa website easier :s-smilie:

Me too. If the paper tomorrow is as bad as the set 2 papers, we're all screwed. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
guys please i need your help what are the experiments you need to know for paper 2 as iam doing the exam without the help of a teacher
Reply 31
guys i need help what are the experminets for paper 2 i need to know them urgently as iam doing physics without a teacher
Reply 32
Original post by asim100
guys i need help what are the experminets for paper 2 i need to know them urgently as iam doing physics without a teacher

We've only done the required practicals - I don't know if it's any help but AQA has published suggested methods (page 62 to 88) http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/physics/AQA-7407-7408-PHBK.PDF

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending