The Student Room Group

Why are GCSES so stressful?

Why is it compulsory for us to do english maths and science?
They wouldn't be if u revised months before the exam
Original post by najama_

Because you need them to get a job?
Original post by najama_

When you're younger, your mind can absorb formulas and theories much faster. As you grow older, the brain finds it difficult to do the same thing. Visit the colleges and you will see many people who are aged 30 and above, doing their GCSEs and A-levels. They do struggle and many have said that they wished they had paid more attention in school during their younger days.

I suggest you put in more effort in doing well for these subjects at this level now so that you have a better grounding. With a strong foundation, you can then delve into other areas such as engineering, medicine etc.
A Level students reaction to this thread

:mmm::mmm:
Original post by SuperHuman98

Yeah A-Level are ten times harder than GCSE's
Original post by SuperHuman98

A Levels are easier than GCSEs, mate, don't know what you're on..
GCSE's are stressful and the pressure to do well can sometimes be too much. All that matters is that you try your hardest and put in every effort you can to pass them. My solution would be to make a list of subjects to revise in priority order; the ones that are not as important to you at the bottom, and the subjects you need to get where you want to go at the top. Then just make sure to properly revise your top 4 subjects properly and the compulsory ones. Don't stress, or do really long blocks of revision. In between revising do something you like- go out with friends or go for a bike ride or something. It'll then be a bit more broken up and not so stressful.
Reply 8
Coming from someone who got 10A*s last year, my biggest piece of advice would really be to economise your time and by that I mean dedicate more time to areas you're weak on and don't be afraid to 'ignore' your strong areas

GCSEs are a lot about breadth rather than depth in other words you need to know a small amount of stuff about many things.

Stay focused but remember to chill as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by penelopecrux

Go back under you're bridge.

#Troll
Original post by Bulletzone
Go back under you're bridge.

#Troll

your*

How to differentiate between the two:
your= possession so it's your.
you're= you are ______

Please get it right.
your*

How to differentiate between the two:
your= possession so it's your.
you're= you are ______

Please get it right.

Your/You're still a Troll.
Your/You're still a Troll.

Omg, i blatantly explained the difference between the two and you still don't know which one to use... wow. Says a lot about what you are.
Omg, i blatantly explained the difference between the two and you still don't know which one to use... wow. Says a lot about what you are.

Yes, I'm a Human Being.
Yes, I'm a Human Being.

Why did you put those in capitals? It really doesn't make sense!
Why did you put those in capitals? It really doesn't make sense!

Making a strong point.

This thread has been de-railed and if you want to hear my explanation as to why I consider you to be a troll then message me.
If not, then let this thread remain on topic concerning the importance of GCSE's.

How are A levels easier than GCSE'S?
Original post by Don Joiner
Coming from someone who got 10A*s last year, my biggest piece of advice would really be to economise your time and by that I mean dedicate more time to areas you're weak on and don't be afraid to 'ignore' your strong areas

GCSEs are a lot about breadth rather than depth in other words you need to know a small amount of stuff about many things.

Stay focused but remember to chill as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done - 10 A*s is bloody amazing!!!
Honestly mate, they're really not that stressful. It's only a small section of our life. What? 4 weeks?? 5 weeks at max? Well, when you get a job and have your own place then I guess you won't be stressed about your mortgage, tax, bills, food, clothing, insurance, travel, luxuries, parents, children.........

Fortunately for me, I enjoy maths a lot. Unfortunately, I don't enjoy English. But you know what, I get my head down and just do the flippin work because what language do we speak, write and listen to every day? Coincidence? I think not! :biggrin:

I think you also underestimate the skills such subjects give you as well.

Maths and science - accuracy, organisation, problem solving skills, intuition
English - analysis, creativity, sophistication

Not to mention that most things we take for granted everyday also involve these core subjects! What about what you're using now to use TSR? How do you connect to the internet? How is electricity supplied to my router? How is electricity generated? Science

If you're going to fall down here then good luck in your remaining 75 years of life!!! :h:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest