The Student Room Group

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ohgeez
Why are we discussing this unimportant boolshit? The far more important question here is are there racial differences in cock size and dancing ability?

ffs
Original post by ohgeez
Why are we discussing this unimportant boolshit? The far more important question here is are there racial differences in cock size and dancing ability?

You clearly don't belong in this thread.....
Original post by Konahagakure
No you did not as it's clear that all black people are not the same. Not all of us are even fron the same continent.

Descend from the same continent, so are racially the same.

If you are referring to brown people, Arabs, Indians, Aboriginals etc, then they are not counted as black during such tests, they have their own categories.
Original post by BodhiUtah
So I was tweeted this on Twitter and had a read and don't know what to think to be honest? I agree with a lot of it but it seems well out of order. Here's an extract of the funnish bit but check it out: http://www.citysharks.co.uk/2016/05/31/investment-banker-on-black-people-in-banking/

Would you personally hire a black person?Possible, if they could do the job, but as soon as I hear any ghetto like language their gone. That’s why education is paramount as it irons out the poor character traits and polishes a person for a potential career in investment banking.I understand totally but most black people come from deprived backgrounds?I don’t buy into that crap you can make it wherever you’re from. If you want to kill your brain cells by listing to Beyonce and Jay Z and walk around with a knife then your damaging your own chances in life. Plenty of black people life like civilized human being’s, it’s just that black people choose to live less so. Just walk around London and your see it’s mainly always the black people that need to be avoided. Just look at the prisons, black males are just a criminal and lazy men on average.

Its not really racist as the writer makes it clear that not all black people are like what he quotes and that people can make it wherever they come from but he is aware and isn't afraid to state it of certain facts like black people do commit more crime than white people.He doesn't like ghetto like language as its not seen as professional I doubt many employers would like it either its kind of like slang.The only thing I find slightly racist is the ending where he seems to imply on average black males are criminal and lazy men which clearly an exaggeration he really should have said more criminal and lazy compared to whites.

I do understand people's concerns that he could be a closet racist who is clever enough to know how to phrase a statement so that its not racist.In general you can change a racist statement into a non-racist statement by changing just a few words from words like all to on average(Bernie Sanders was racist recently by saying that white people are not poor and don't live in a Ghetto such a strong statement without the use on average is racist), assuming these things are truthful on average as stereotypes from what I've seen most of the time are just heavily exaggerated truths.

Some people on here would make scientific research that leads to a worse outcome for one group or another racist as that can't be true surely all races/sexes are identical on average(often you can expect some difference Scientists wouldn't test different genders/races if this wasn't true often the differences can be bizarre as well) but its just not true and it is silly logic like that used by feminists.

I think its important that we move on from the use of these Statistics afterall such Statistics just give you one piece of information about a person so aren't really that important, they are only useful when looking at populations as a whole and explaining to feminists why not to expect a 50:50 ratio for every role because different sexes and races are different on average.
Original post by george-90
I'm not discriminating against anybody. Nigerians are so 'special' because of this, which WBZ was referring to, albeit indirectly.

And I just said it shows that once black have the same opportunities they do well.

The Nigerian community just happens to have established itself there.
At the end of the day everyone agrees that not all black people are stupid and any differences in intelligence may be down to socioeconomic factors.

Why do we need 9 pages of thread to argue this.
Original post by physicsphysics91
Nah, I dont even know why I studied physics.

No jobs, huh?
Original post by inhuman
No jobs, huh?

No idea, going to cambridge next year so not looked.
Reply 168
Original post by lolatmaths
Meticulously analysing it like this, picking out genotypes and brain size etc etc does by no means give any conclusive argument that some races are naturally intellectually superior. You dont need a scientist to work that out. Science like anything can easily be manipulated anyway. I can do it in a lab, exaggerate the concentration of something, fiddle with the experiment to suit me etc etc. No suitable conclusion can be made at all.

And yh, they're unlikely to tell us anything and the margins are tiny. Social and economic reasons count for 99.999999% of how educated someone turns out to be.

This is complete rubbish intelligence is strongly hereditary as are most things if you understand biology and evolution this is to be expected as if this wasn't the case humans wouldn't have evolved such intelligence because before we were dumb animals.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/10/genes-dont-just-influence-your-iq-they-determine-how-well-you-do-school

It is not that easy to manipulate results actually because the reports normally need to be peer reviewed and tests need to shown to be repeatable giving consistent results to be accepted.Lots of Science you don't see because the tests turned out to be just some one of fluke.
Original post by Dalek1099
This is complete rubbish intelligence is strongly hereditary as are most things if you understand biology and evolution this is to be expected as if this wasn't the case humans wouldn't have evolved such intelligence because before we were dumb animals.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/10/genes-dont-just-influence-your-iq-they-determine-how-well-you-do-school

It is not that easy to manipulate results actually because the reports normally need to be peer reviewed and tests need to shown to be repeatable giving consistent results to be accepted.Lots of Science you don't see because the tests turned out to be just some one of fluke.

smh i give up read the posts from the beginning ffs
Reply 171
Original post by Bulletzone
You clearly don't belong in this thread.....

I'm just saving your brain from the mind crushing dullness this thread obviously was going to be.

I could have predicted this thread right after the OP. Person makes claim black people are not as smart. A whole bunch of libtards rush overthemselves to virtue signal that they are not racist and proclaim that IQ tests are meaningless and biased and unfair and racist etc etc etc
Original post by ohgeez
Person makes claim black people are not as smart. A whole bunch of libtards rush overthemselves to virtue signal that they are not racist and proclaim that IQ tests are meaningless and biased and unfair and racist etc etc etc

Maybe because its true?
Reply 173
His views are outdated and apply to a large amount of white youngers these days, but I can see his point I just don't think he should've directed it purely at black people since there are so many people in their shadows
Original post by xylas
Technically you can but that does not mean you will. Maybe you individually won't make it (maybe you will) but someone else like you will.

You can if you've got the ability,motivation and want to make it is what he is trying to say there is nothing stopping these people.Its like in theory I should be doing badly and just on the dole or some poor job as both my parents are long term unemployed and didn't do well in school but I'm not I have been lucky to have inherited just the right genes and I try very hard and I'm doing well I got fantastic grades at GCSE and A Level and I have been doing well at University(hoping for good results in a couple of weeks).

My sister and brother have also done well so this has showed me that you really can do it, a lot of people like to make excuses and talk about such massive discrimination and how poor backgrounds are an unfair disadvantage that stops people making it and this is just utter rubbish.The reason why most poor people don't do well is because of genetic factors if their parents didn't do well then they shouldn't on average as if this wasn't the case then this would be evidence to contradict Darwin's Theory of Evolution.Me and my siblings have been lucky to have inherited just the right genes even though this was very improbable.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 175
You can if you've got the ability,motivation and want to make it is what he is trying to say there is nothing stopping these people.Its like in theory I should be doing badly and just on the dole or some poor job as both my parents are long term unemployed and didn't do well in school but I'm not I have been lucky to have inherited just the right genes and I try very hard and I'm doing well I got fantastic grades at GCSE and A Level and I have been doing well at University(hoping for good results in a couple of weeks)

Without the genes part, that's exactly my point. If you're lucky you will. But how do you know you will be lucky?
(edited 7 years ago)
There's a link in the first page. It disputes this completely. Plus, there are only 3 known genotypes that vaguely affect intelligence and this is completely negligible. Search it up.

there is none. get it out your bigoted head. Race and intelligence have no relation.

Funny that, you initially agreed you were wrong in the first place and you bring it up again.

The link on the first page doesn't come to any definitive conclusion and actually errs on my side rather than yours it would appear.

No, surely you can understand the difference in saying it is wrong to assume a black person won't be smart enough and acknowledging the fact that a black person is LESS LIKELY to be smart enough probability wise.

Aside from that, the fact you can't even make a point without throwing insults tells a lot about you.
certain facts like black people do commit more crime than white people.
And what do you base that on ?

He doesn't like ghetto like language
What is ghetto language and who created those ghetto's ?
Original post by Jebedee
The link on the first page doesn't come to any definitive conclusion and actually errs on my side rather than yours it would appear.

No, surely you can understand the difference in saying it is wrong to assume a black person won't be smart enough and acknowledging the fact that a black person is LESS LIKELY to be smart enough probability wise.

Aside from that, the fact you can't even make a point without throwing insults tells a lot about you.

As i said, you cant make scientific conclusion god are you purposely acting dumb?
As i said, you cant make scientific conclusion god are you purposely acting dumb?

Ok so why did you even bring that up? In absence of evidence, the default position with what we know about evolution is to assume that no, not all humans which evolved in isolation of each other have evolved to an identical level.

The paper agrees with me, "We believe the burden of proof must shift to those who argue for a 100%culture-only position"
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending