The Student Room Group

how do I get over a break up

how to you deal with a break up in the first weeks/ stages?
how do I eliminate all possible contact i.e. stop myself from messaging him?
how do I keep my mood up and keep me focused on my priorities and not the break up. I don't want to sit at home...or anywhere dwelling on it or "missing" him?
Reply 1
By getting over it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Souljer
By getting over it

Posted from TSR Mobile

meaning?? last time I checked I asked 3 questions. not only is "Getting over it" vague and figurative, it doesn't answer any of the above :/
Reply 3
Keep yourself occupied with education, part-time work, volunteer work, anything. Do things that'll prevent you from brooding. Worst thing you can do now is think about it when it's still so fresh in your mind.

Give yourself some time alone to get reacquainted with being single, and when you're ready, you'll know and be able to come to terms with the end of your relationship.
(edited 7 years ago)
Block him. Talk to a friend. Go for a walk.
Reply 5
Its probably best to delete his number, stay away from social media, focus on yourself. Maybe go out and have fun with friends to distract yourself, or let the feeling of the break up settle. It works differently for different people, sometimes its best to embrace your feelings short term and come to terms with the break up. Definitely surround yourself with people who care about you, and make you happy :smile:
Just saw your other thread, and out of interest, did you end things? Or is this a just in case thread?
Reply 6
Original post by Aykem
Its probably best to delete his number, stay away from social media, focus on yourself. Maybe go out and have fun with friends to distract yourself, or let the feeling of the break up settle. It works differently for different people, sometimes its best to embrace your feelings short term and come to terms with the break up. Definitely surround yourself with people who care about you, and make you happy :smile:
Just saw your other thread, and out of interest, did you end things? Or is this a just in case thread?

Hi! lool you saw my other thread :smile: yes I have decided to break up, so I have 'ended things', but its still kind of like a just in case matter because I haven't had a single reply in 10 hours so my message hasn't been received (or responded to). what can you do lol
Reply 7
Original post by AvaLisa12
Hi! lool you saw my other thread :smile: yes I have decided to break up, so I have 'ended things', but its still kind of like a just in case matter because I haven't had a single reply in 10 hours so my message hasn't been received (or responded to). what can you do lol

Ahh i see :smile: Good luck, I think you made the right decision

Quick Reply

Latest