The Student Room Group

Biology unit 4

For people doing aqa biology
What do you think are the hardest bio unit 4 papers so far?
I found jan 2010 challenging
bump
Original post by jamessmith15
For people doing aqa biology
What do you think are the hardest bio unit 4 papers so far?
I found jan 2010 challenging

I haven't done all of them yet so can't say. But I thought, june 2010 was pretty hard (which was probably why the grade boundary for A* was 39/75) and also Jan 2011
Original post by senpaipoppy
I haven't done all of them yet so can't say. But I thought, june 2010 was pretty hard (which was probably why the grade boundary for A* was 39/75) and also Jan 2011

i did jan 2010 and it was really hard, the grade boundaries where 41 for an A, don't think its accurate to go off this as last year they where 53
Original post by jamessmith15
i did jan 2010 and it was really hard, the grade boundaries where 41 for an A, don't think its accurate to go off this as last year they where 53

Yeah, the thing you need to remember with the earlier papers is that the examiners hadn't perfected the way to ask the questions as it was a relatively new spec and also with each year the papers get harder and the grade boundaries higher as students become more used to the marking scheme and what they need to learn to gain the marks. So while the earlier papers are useful to practise from, the ones from 2013 to now are a lot more like what we will have

Quick Reply